Yes Gemmill...

catmag

so many memorable quotes. 

"can we not knock it?" 

"what we don't want is to be caught quick break" - cut to exactly that happening to england 

'you know we've been cheated, don't you - I'm a metre, I'm a metre" (to baffled linesman) 

etc etc

No doubt the press who absolutely destroyed him will now be in gushing eugolgy mode. As others have said, and as many are saying on the radio at the moment, just a kind, lovely man who loved football.

Despite the England business he came across as a genuine football person that just loved the game in a way I don't think the likes of Pardew and Allardyce will ever will.

Completely agree with this. :up:

https://twitter.com/MsiDouglas/status/819549289777078273?s=09

I remembering hearing this a while ago. Apparently used to jump on the train after Watford training and stand in the old gallowgate the odd time. Obviously a MMF rather than a MLF. ;)

Didn't know any of that. That chronicle article is a right tear jerker. Rip Graham, one of the good guys in the game :rip:

Read about him being away from home as he was appointed England manager and a reporter jamming his foot in the door and asking his wife who was trying to get out with her wheelchair bound mother for an interview. She told him could he please move and she didn't do that type of stuff and he replied 'you better fucking start, then'.

What vile people journalism has amongst it's ranks.

geoff thomas  :lol: 

some of the players he capped man. keith curle, david white, carlton palmer, andy sinton, gordon cowan

and his selections. he played gary pallister at left back once. 

Taylor was a decent bloke but I think his football philosophy has been glossed over a bit - he was the first to take the shit from that bloke at Cambridge (John Beck?) about pomo and the​ rest of the long ball "science" to the nth degree. He laid the groundwork for the Allardyces of the world.

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...