Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Suppose it's not a surprise anymore when Manu get twatted four nowt :lol:

Outrageous smiling and camaraderie with Chelsea players from them after the game. The hairdryer would have been too good for them 10 years ago.

Hilarious stuff.

Wonder if Fergie will come back.

Outrageous smiling and camaraderie with Chelsea players from them after the game. The hairdryer would have been too good for them 10 years ago.

Hilarious stuff.

Wonder if Fergie will come back.

No time for the fucker after his blatant intimidation and manipulation of officials over the years but there's no doubt he could pick a player that was required for the squad and found it comparatively easy to motivate millionaires. I really do think agents are fucking clubs over at the moment. Strikes me as they've got all the power. Some of the prices of some of the shit in the squads of the alleged top clubs makes me laugh. Fergie was never in that position, because he had all the power and knew what he was doing with it. Mourinho looks like he's being fucked over by whoever is supplying some of the sorry gang of crappers he's in charge of, and it looks like he's lost the ability to create the siege mentality he used to at Porto and Chelsea.

Cant say its not great to see them struggling again. The way most of their fans seem to change their mindsets overnight about Mourinho after years of criticizing Chelsea for buying success and parking the bus philosophy etc etc. I like how they're slowly losing that whole Man Utd free flowing 'style' and being shit at getting results at the same time :D

:lol:

In fairness I've seen a good number come out and say that they didn't want mourinho when he was signed.

I think they've had it now. Too large and bloated, not competitive enough, full of malaise. They needed to let the Fergie era die and then approach the next step. Attempting to sustain it has seen them crawl on without achieving anything. Just drawing out the inevitable.

Edited by Rayvin

I think they've had it now. Too large and bloated, not competitive enough, full of malaise. They needed to let the Fergie era die and then approach the next step. Attempting to sustain it has seen them crawl on without achieving anything. Just drawing out the inevitable.

Wut?

The heart bleeds for "United". They could do a Liverpool and drift along for decades without claiming another title, while the media continue to fawn over them.

That's precisely what happened when Sir Matt Busby retired in the early 70s. 25 years without a league title. Liverpool took their mantle as the best team in the country,which created the animosity between the cities that exists to this day. ( that and the construction of the Manchester ship canal ;) )

There's no guarantee that they'll be in the wilderness for a quarter of a century again though, because with Leicester winning the league last year it may indicate that we're entering a new phase of a much more level playing field where if you an above average premier league side and can avoid major injuries for a season you will be in with a shout of at least the top 4. The increased tv money may have evened things out a bit.

yes, you'd think that the tv money might level the field and see more teams do a leicester, though weirdly, it looks like normal order has been restored this season

To a degree that's true, but it'll be interesting to see how far that keeps up. What the big clubs have arguably done this year is bring in superior managers to the rest of the division - I reckon that's making the difference presently.

yes, you'd think that the tv money might level the field and see more teams do a leicester, though weirdly, it looks like normal order has been restored this season

Leicester are top of the home table and won 3 out of 3 in champions league, but they're bottom of the away table.  Mad form.

Khazri falling over the ball and conceding a free kick was also pretty impressive.

Arsenal look good tbf. I'm wondering if watching us play lower division teams for a few months has made me more appreciative of them :lol: First time I've watched a PL game all season.

O'Shea struggling. It's Djiliboji time!!! No idea if I've spelled that right

Said elsewhere, but that's a classic "fuck this shit" injury.