Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Think a lot of people hear "competitive" and think "quality". There's probably 6-8 teams who can at least challenge for the automatic spots in any given season. Plus one or all of the teams that've been relegated from the top flight. Nearly half the league going for 6 places, whereas in the Premier League, you can pretty much pick the top 5 and bottom 5 before the season starts, and the gap between Man City and Hull is as big as the gap between us and Rotherham. Trouble is, in the Premier League there's a hug gap between Man City and a team like Stoke. A bigger gap than between Brighton and ourselves and, say, Fulham.

Birmingham picked up their first win under Zola at the weekend. At the eleventh attempt. 

They averaged 1.55 points per game under Rowett. So far they're at 0.75 points per game under Zola. 

Had they kept Rowett and maintained that form, even now you'd expect them to be around 6 points better off (and hence 3 points off play-offs, not 9).

I like Zola, but that decision has to go down as one of the most bizarre in a long time. 

Riviere just fucking up a good move for Osasuna against Real Madrid there, if he had left it the lad on his team had a wide open side foot chance lined up but instead Riviere tried to score a back heel flick and kicked it off his own leg :lol:.

Edited by Howay

Clement is doing a good job turning Swansea round mind.

Leicester look shambolic on the other hand, it was always going to be a one off as players like Vardy got sussed out and reverted more to their level as opposed to the purple patch they were going through but I was expecting mid-table. Kante is obviously a huge miss but it's crackers how disjointed they look without him, he really kept the pressure going on their attacks and shut a lot down. I think Troy Deeney was saying it feels more comfortable getting at their back line as you always felt rushed knowing Kante would be running back.

All those big new contracts are going to be a right fucker for them if they do drop down, cheeky summer bid for Mahrez if they do :lol:

I hope Clement keeps them up like, as it would be good seeing a fresh faced English manager that isn't from the PFM brigade do well in the Premier League.

Agreed. I don't know much about his time at Derby but he seems to be doing really well at Swansea as they looked a complete shambles under the last two managers, especially the way they were chopping and changing.

It was interesting seeing his craic after the loss to Man City, you can see his continental background as he really focused on the fact the ball was rolling when Man City took the free kick. The pundits were having none of it saying it made no difference as Man City took a while to build up, technically he was right though. 

We definitely missed a canny manager when they went for McClaren over him, I suppose it worked out in the end that we now have Rafa but I'm pleased to see he's doing canny.

I hope Clement keeps them up like, as it would be good seeing a fresh faced English manager that isn't from the PFM brigade do well in the Premier League.

Aye.  Some of the shite on Lampard should be given a prem job last week.

It's getting borning now listening to Ex pro's giving jobs for the boys and we wonder why the FA and FIFA are a fucking joke.