Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Totally agree on the Kante part. They've negated their striker problem because Sanchez has stepped into that role. But they're usually playing 4-2-3-1 with the two holding midfielders picked from Xhaka, Coquelin, Elneny, Iwobi, hell even Oxlade-Chamberlain played there against Chelsea! Can't really understand why he hasn't identified that as a position for improvement.

EDIT: I suppose he did, and the best he could come up with was Xhaka. 

Edited by rogerbarton

''I don't deserves this blahd''... :lol:

:lol: :lol: lol: A grown-up bloke talking like that ffs. "It took me long to get in the ground, yeah? Because I had trouble with my ticket, innit?"

''I don't deserves this blahd''... :lol:

:lol: That channel has to be run by Spurs fans. Of course they have a right to be frustrated but they do manage to find the biggest bellends to interview.

Calling Wenger a fraud is ridiculous. 'I don't want my kid growing up having to watch that'. FFS.

Wenger is in a pretty unique position, it's different to when Fergie was finishing at Manu as porridge chops was still winning titles. I can't work out if the media in general confer a sense of entitlement on Arsenal or the absolute fuckin whoppers among their support just expect success as a matter of course (tbf, they have won 13 league titles) Thing is a new manager doesn't guarantee a thing, and looking at the squad there is a fair chance their best players will leave with Wenger should he knock it on the head tin May, chiefly Sanchez and Ozil, who'd want to come in and the first job in the in tray is replacing them? Then there's the drift an announcement pre May would cause should they get a candidate lined up in the next few months.

Wenger is in a pretty unique position, it's different to when Fergie was finishing at Manu as porridge chops was still winning titles. I can't work out if the media in general confer a sense of entitlement on Arsenal or the absolute fuckin whoppers among their support just expect success as a matter of course

They have the seventh highest income of any club in the world so they can reasonably argue that they should have won more than two FA cups in the last twelve years. It's the OTT reaction of the fans and the insinuation that they've always been one of the biggest clubs in Europe that is laughable and makes them look foolish.

Wenger is in a pretty unique position, it's different to when Fergie was finishing at Manu as porridge chops was still winning titles. I can't work out if the media in general confer a sense of entitlement on Arsenal or the absolute fuckin whoppers among their support just expect success as a matter of course (tbf, they have won 13 league titles) Thing is a new manager doesn't guarantee a thing, and looking at the squad there is a fair chance their best players will leave with Wenger should he knock it on the head tin May, chiefly Sanchez and Ozil, who'd want to come in and the first job in the in tray is replacing them? Then there's the drift an announcement pre May would cause should they get a candidate lined up in the next few months.

Depends on how much whoever it is would have available to do it, Arsenal have money and have for ages, it just doesn't get spent, add the hefty fees each would command on top of that and you potentially have a club with a perfect infrastructure there and a mountain of money to spend shaping the side to your liking.

They've won one more European trophy than us and virtually all of their success has come in two relatively short spells (the 30s after Chapman came from Huddersfield and the late 80s up to the first few years of Wenger). The sense of entitlement is somewhat out of step with reality but I suppose that's modern football for you.

He rarely buys the finished article. I can only think of Sanchez in the outfield who is a Tier One player. Ozil his whole career has drifted in and out of games and there is also a question about his stamina. Lot of kids or players who haven't matured in that side.

The way Munchen are you can't really play a loose 433 at their place.

Edited by Park Life

Depends on how much whoever it is would have available to do it, Arsenal have money and have for ages, it just doesn't get spent, add the hefty fees each would command on top of that and you potentially have a club with a perfect infrastructure there and a mountain of money to spend shaping the side to your liking.

Wenger has a net spend of roughly £200m in the last four seasons. He isn't penny pinching any more, he just isn't getting great value for money.

They have the seventh highest income of any club in the world so they can reasonably argue that they should have won more than two FA cups in the last twelve years. It's the OTT reaction of the fans and the insinuation that they've always been one of the biggest clubs in Europe that is laughable and makes them look foolish.

Largely agree, but Wenger built a new stadium in that time though. No Wenger 96-06, no Emirates. And I still go back to the squad who got to the champions league final in 2006, I think 7 or 8 of them left or finished within the next year. Most have never been properly replaced. Most it could be argued were world class; Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Cole, Campbell, Silva.. I suppose Wenger gets the blame for that but I can't remember as man top quality players all leaving together. Almost impossible job to replace adequately and still pay for the stadium. He's kept them in the top four in that time mind, that alone is a fair achievement. Thing is, when you pay the highest ticket prices in Europe and nothing much changes on the pitch for a decade, something has to give..

Wenger has a net spend of roughly £200m in the last four seasons. He isn't penny pinching any more, he just isn't getting great value for money.

He has but in comparison to their rivals and what he actually has available it's not that much.

£50 million a season isn't big spending in that context.

He has but in comparison to their rivals and what he actually has available it's not that much.

£50 million a season isn't big spending in that context.

They're the third highest net spenders in the league over the last five seasons. On that basis it could be said that Wenger is doing roughly as expected by keeping them in the top four year after year. What they need is someone to come in and have them punching slightly above their weight by winning league titles and beating the best in Europe. That sort of manager is obviously not that easy to come by but all the evidence points to the fact that Wenger is no longer capable of being that man.

It's a farce that although he's adapted that Sanchez is having to play out of position and Giroud is the only out and out striker. Wellbeck isn't top class and in no way could have been bought as a player who can make a difference in the big games.

RM let Ozil go because basically he's quite lazy and doesn't always turn up either.

Edited by Park Life

They're the third highest net spenders in the league over the last five seasons. On that basis it could be said that Wenger is doing roughly as expected by keeping them in the top four year after year. What they need is someone to come in and have them punching slightly above their weight by winning league titles and beating the best in Europe. That sort of manager is obviously not that easy to come by but all the evidence points to the fact that Wenger is no longer capable of being that man.

Too concerned with feng shui and not enough gun.