Derby County v Necrotising Anal Fistula Lickers. 10 Sep. 5:30 K.O.

Monkeys Fist

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye happy with that, dreadful game of football but it meant a comfortable win for us without expending much energy. I think it would have been a different game if Gouffran hadn't have scored quite early on. 

Derby are a fucking dreadful side mind. As I said before the game there were some odd choices in the side but I thought we'd win, most likely he was keeping players back for the game against QPR and if that's the plan then it has worked out well.

Happy with the win, happy with the 3 points, but not happy with the woeful display which started at the kick-off and continued until the final whistle.

I have to seriously question Rafa's strategy even though we won........Colback & Shelvey together, Jesus wept...... bona fide right-backs in Gamez & Yedlin but he starts Anita.....bona fide left-back in place but he starts you know who.

Gayle was useless and should have been taken off earlier. Shelvey's distribution on long balls was piss poor, and Dutton's not much better.

It was a worrisome nail-biting match with a happy ending.

Happy with the win, happy with the 3 points, but not happy with the woeful display which started at the kick-off and continued until the final whistle.

I have to seriously question Rafa's strategy even though we won........Colback & Shelvey together, Jesus wept...... bona fide right-backs in Gamez & Yedlin but he starts Anita.....bona fide left-back in place but he starts you know who.

Gayle was useless and should have been taken off earlier. Shelvey's distribution on long balls was piss poor, and Dutton's not much better.

It was a worrisome nail-biting match with a happy ending.

Your nerves must be beyond fucked if you thought that was nail-biting. ;)

I thought Rafa got it spot on, though we'll never really know how it would have gone if Gouffran hadn't got that early goal.  Soaked up limited pressure from a side that can't create, subbed on a defensive winger on the right at the right time to nullify Pearson's only move.

Edited by adios

NUFC to Score

0 - StoneColdStephenIreland, TheGingerQuiff, Kitman, barnabox

1 - wykikitoon, Dr Gloom, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, strawb, Rayvin, Happy Face, @yourservice, Dougle, LooneyToony

2 - ewerk, Howay, trophyshy, zico martin, David Kelly, OTF, McFaul , Renton, MiddleAgeCool, ChezGiven, Jintsay, Ant, scoobos, ohhh_yeah

3 - Tom, Andrew, tooner, Monkeys Fist

4+ - Christmas Tree

NUFC to Concede

0 - wykikitoon, StoneColdStephenIreland, Tom, Kevin Carr's Gloves, The Fish, trophyshy, zico martin, Happy Face, OTF, McFaul , Jintsay, Monkeys Fist, Dougle, scoobos

1 - ewerk, Andrew, Howay, Dr Gloom, strawb, Rayvin, tooner, MiddleAgeCool, ChezGiven, Christmas Tree , Ant, LooneyToony, ohhh_yeah

2 - TheGingerQuiff, Kitman, David Kelly, Renton, barnabox

3 - @yourservice

Well we did enough there, not a great performance but they did what they had to. Really starting to show similarities to rafas Liverpool side, albeit a poor mans version and without a Gerard - very few bodies committed beyond the ball, wingers grafting like bastards and centre defence looking better and better organised each game. Not scintillating stuff but worlds better than what we were served up by pards.

Derby second half played like a team trying to get their manager sacked. Wouldn't blame them, Pearson has always been one of the more odious pricks in football

I still worry every time the ball goes into our box because Sels never seems to be able to catch it.  Every save he makes seems to be punching the ball in some random direction, even those which are coming straight at his chest, and I would be thought he should be getting hold of it and killing the attack.

Was just looking over the Villa forum - quite a few on there believe that they're going to be above us by the end of September, and will then finish champions...Have we seen anything from Villa yet to suggest that this is possible?

Was just looking over the Villa forum - quite a few on there believe that they're going to be above us by the end of September, and will then finish champions...Have we seen anything from Villa yet to suggest that this is possible?

They've only won 1 so far, if they take much longer to put some form together they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

They don't have as good a squad or as good a manager as us, what are they basing it on?

Albert Adomah

Middlesbrough Undisclosed James Chester West Bromwich Albion Undisclosed Tommy Elphick Bournemouth £3.0m Pierluigi Gollini Unassigned Players Undisclosed Mile Jedinak Crystal Palace £4.0m Jonathan Kodjia Bristol City £15.0m Aaron Tshibola Reading Undisclosed

Theyre 17th, 7 points behind us before todays game and their big summer signing Kodija hasnt scored (is he injured?) am also wondering who they think are going to roll us over before we play them at home on the 24th? and Di Matteo as manager?.....naaah, not for me..

I think they're quite into the idea that they do have a good squad but to be honest, I think it's mostly based on the idea that 'they're a big club'. I saw a few mentioning that they'll be able to spend their way to promotion in January as well.

There's a good few on there who think we'll win the whole thing as well mind (for some reason, none of them are talking about Huddersfield), but they also seem to think they have a genuine chance of putting us back in our box, so to speak.

They thought Derby would take us but after that they'll be counting on themselves and Norwich for the next few games.

Edited by Rayvin