Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Brigg’s book didn’t scare me half as much as the Protect and Survive bullshit that we were fed at school and at home. 
https://wellcomecollection.org/works/xd3w9bw8

Threads was fucking terrifying. I reckon it would be worse today as I wouldn't survive 5 minutes without my mobile phone! 

Also I remember watching this QED documentary  when I was a kid. Watched it again recently, the concept of the water boiling in the park lake at Battersea shat me up, still does.

Edit: my bad it was St James park. At battersea a bomb dropped on St Pauls would just melt buses. 

You're welcome! :whistling:

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/10/2022 at 15:31, Renton said:

Threads was fucking terrifying. I reckon it would be worse today as I wouldn't survive 5 minutes without my mobile phone! 

Also I remember watching this QED documentary  when I was a kid. Watched it again recently, the concept of the water boiling in the park lake at Battersea shat me up, still does.

Edit: my bad it was St James park. At battersea a bomb dropped on St Pauls would just melt buses. 

Threads is brutal. Watching the milk bottle melt and the woman piss her self in terror! Much more realistic than the Day after. Honory mention to Zak Dingle in the council bunker 😂

Sure the Q.E.D episode showed that most bunkers they tested wouldn't save you either. That was grim like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anth said:

Threads is brutal. Watching the milk bottle melt and the woman piss her self in terror! Much more realistic than the Day after. Honory mention to Zak Dingle in the council bunker 😂

Sure the Q.E.D episode showed that most bunkers they tested wouldn't save you either. That was grim like.

The first one is basically a trench which this couple made which kept filling with ground water. Two weeks in a wet ditch.  Then they built a Morrison shelter which cost £700 in 1982 and would let you survive your house collapsing on you, but you'd die in the firestorm anyway. The last one was a proper bunker which would cost as much as a house. 

A nuclear war isn't worth surviving. As a middle aged man I can just about accept that. But you can't accept it for children. 

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 15:31, Renton said:

I was waiting for some good news :lol:

It basically said "no matter what you do & how lucky you are you're still absolutely fucked"

• Like 1

Aren't there satalite pictures of nuclear weapons being shunted towards Ukraine via train? Do we actually think he'll go crackers now his annexed areas are being reclaimed?

Edited by Anth

He is only going to be satisfied with a military  victory. And the same is true for Ukraine because they cannot trust Putin. 

On this basis it now seems more likely to me than not that Vlad will invoke all possible means. Russians are crazy. 

8 hours ago, Anth said:

Aren't there satalite pictures of nuclear weapons being shunted towards Ukraine via train? Do we actually think he'll go crackers now his annexed areas are being reclaimed?

No, train thing been properly debunked, this thread a decent analysis of will he use them:

• Like 1

Don’t blame them for surrendering tbh. 

Why the fuck would you want to fight in a war with no decent gear, for no good reason, and with winter on the way?

This won’t be over anytime soon, regardless of the Ukrainian successes in regaining territories. 

I hope the Ukrainian military treat them well as POWs. 

• Like 2