President Biden

Happy Face

The thing that depresses me most about this is the realisation that such a huge proportion of the US electorate are either even thicker than I previously thought, or are complete fascist cunts.

Same as here following the Brexit referendum. It doesn't matter how long cunts like Trump and May last, because the stench of hatred from the respective electorates is permanently ingrained now.

Unhinged.

Its only a matter of time before he pisses Russia off.

I think Putin is fuckin loving this at the minute. It's almost as if Trump is the perfect Russian stooge....I think when Russia make their first play to try him out there'll be a swift realisation that he's completely out of his depth. He'll then be impeached and told to fuck off back to his tower.

:lol: This is beyond parody.

:lol:

Apply this everywhere now I say.

For every abortion performed, two women have to be impregnated.

For every gun taken from a criminal 2 have to be given to children.

Not sure it's this Immigration policy though. Looks as though it's just an expansion of Obama's Terrorist Travel Prevention Act. All the countries he's banned are from that list.

Which raises a question about why the media are suggesting he's cherry picked them based on his business interests - that certainly looks incorrect.

I suspect they're more likely to get him on any behind the scenes issues in the state department, that sounded really shady.

Not sure it's this Immigration policy though. Looks as though it's just an expansion of Obama's Terrorist Travel Prevention Act. All the countries he's banned are from that list.

Which raises a question about why the media are suggesting he's cherry picked them based on his business interests - that certainly looks incorrect.

I suspect they're more likely to get him on any behind the scenes issues in the state department, that sounded really shady.

The media are still smarting from the result. Hence there will be endless hysteria stories for a few more weeks yet.

The eagle is currently nest building. Soon the counter strike will come and hell with come with it. :D

Brace for impact.

Edited by Park Life

The media are still smarting from the result. Hence there will be endless hysteria stories for a few more weeks yet.

The eagle is currently nest building. Soon the counter strike will come and hell with come with it. :D

Brace for impact.

did you read this? 

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.tvk4it1zx

and after reading it, can you really say you're not at all concerned about the immigration order and how it was enacted? is this all really just media hysteria?

Can you tell me why the media are ignoring the Obama act that gives this whole thing some manner of legitimacy? And instead spreading 'alternative facts' about Trumps selection process?

This is one of those I'll be happy to be wrong about. If I'm not then trying to make any sense of any of this see beyond pointless.

Some extracts from a 2012 article on how people viewed Hitler

you had Americans meeting Hitler and saying, "This guy is a clown. He's like a caricature of himself." And a lot of them went through this whole litany about how even if Hitler got into a position of power, other German politicians would somehow be able to control him. A lot of German politicians believed this themselves.

reporters were sometimes slow to write about the things they witnessed firsthand. I tell the story of Hans Kaltenborn, a famous radio broadcaster of that era. He was of German descent, but had grown up in the United States. Right after Hitler took power, there were attacks on Americans who failed to give the Hitler salute. Kaltenborn went over with the attitude that these reports were greatly exaggerated. Then his teenage son got beaten up for exactly the same reason. The Nazis apologized profusely and said, "I hope you won't write about this." And Kaltenborn replied, "No, I don't insert anything personal in my stories." Even after this happened to his own son, he was reluctant to write about it.

Sure enough, once Lindberg got there, the Germans wanted to show off everything to him. They took him to the factories that were producing the most modern fighters and bombers. Lindberg really knew his stuff, so he could turn to the American diplomats next to him and say, "This one is more advanced than French model but less advanced than American model."  He played this role very willingly, knowing this intelligence was being transmitted to Washington -- probably because he thought the more his government knew about the power of these weapons, the less likely they'd be to get involved in another war. He later became part of the America First movement, which tried to keep America out of war at all costs. But he provided valuable intelligence.  The Lindbergs were definitely among the American people who tried to say, "Hitler is bringing Germany back to its feet. Look how orderly this place is now." 

When the controversy over the 1936 Berlin Olympics took place, one of the American Olympic Committee members who went to check out the place said at a certain point, "Well, my men's club in Chicago won't accept Jews either." So there was a kind of camaraderie there, a sense of, "Ho, ho -- we all do that."

it's sort of a natural human tendency to say, "Oh, that's just a figure of speech. They don't really mean it. It's just a way to whip up supporters."  But at a certain point, people began to witness things that were unbelievably horrifying. And of course, there was Kristallnacht. After that, even the people who at first wanted to dismiss every incident as local people getting out of control began to take the problem seriously. There's quite a difference between being socially anti-Semitic and seeing people beaten on the streets.

Mowrer is having lunch with group of Jewish bankers in Germany, and it becomes clear that each of them has given some money to Nazi Party at the urging of non-Jewish industrialists. They were told it would be a way of protecting themselves a bit, and they believed it. Just like a lot of Americans, the German Jews thought, "This can't really be happening."  But one of the things I found fascinating in writing this book was to put myself in the shoes of the people there, who didn't have the benefit of hindsight, and wonder, 'What would I have understood? What would I have done?" I came away from it all knowing that I couldn't, with any assurance, say I would have been any smarter.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/03/early-warnings-how-american-journalists-reported-the-rise-of-hitler/254146/

Can't imagine being the one saying "it's exagerrated" as people are handcuffed for their race/nationality/religion as the leaders responsible and their underlings ignore the courts telling them to stop.

Can you tell me why the media are ignoring the Obama act that gives this whole thing some manner of legitimacy? And instead spreading 'alternative facts' about Trumps selection process?

This is one of those I'll be happy to be wrong about. If I'm not then trying to make any sense of any of this see beyond pointless.

You've lost me, sorry.

I'm have to say mind I'm sick to death of reading posts on my news feed from well meaning, liberal friends though, banging on about how Obama has somehow enabled Trump and should be blamed for what we're confronted with today. What's happening under trump right now is not ok.

I prefer to look forwards, not backwards. The reality

now is there are shitloads of people who live and work in the states who can no longer visit their family if they happen to reside in a county included on trump's arbitrary list and be confident of returning.

And the door has been shut to Muslim refugees, but Cristians are ok. This is not ok

Edited by Dr Gloom

There was a bloke on the radio here the other day (on NPR) that has wrote a biography about Trump. His main point was that Trump sees his own view on matters as fact, he ignored everything to the contrary. He said this is why the crowd size thing was an issue to him, he saw what he perceived to be a large crowd from his vantage point and when pictures showed otherwise he didn't believe it. The bloke reckons he has always been this way, often he would remark that a building he owns was 68 floors when in fact it was 58 and even if corrected he would be adamant that it was 68 floors.

Of course the bloke was no doubt on howking his book (I missed the start of the discussion) but it would be quite troubling if true, a President that takes his own gut feeling and first impressions over fact.

There was a bloke on the radio here the other day (on NPR) that has wrote a biography about Trump. His main point was that Trump sees his own view on matters as fact, he ignored everything to the contrary. He said this is why the crowd size thing was an issue to him, he saw what he perceived to be a large crowd from his vantage point and when pictures showed otherwise he didn't believe it. The bloke reckons he has always been this way, often he would remark that a building he owns was 68 floors when in fact it was 58 and even if corrected he would be adamant that it was 68 floors.

Of course the bloke was no doubt on howking his book (I missed the start of the discussion) but it would be quite troubling if true, a President that takes his own gut feeling and first impressions over fact.

He does do that a lot, claims he was places he wasn't despite the fact his every move is documented. Claims he's said or done things (or not said or done things) that are available on video for all to see.

I think he's running the US like a company. If reports are true that he fired all the senior managers in the state department, that's one an incoming CEO might do. Avoids internal politics. Forbidding company employees from posting or tweeting thing's that can be used against it. Another things he's doing that we see all the time from corporations.

He does appear to be running the US as if it were a business. Which is not a good sign.

And Gloom, I'm just asking why the media have claimed that Trumps list of countries to avoid taking incoming people from was seemingly produced at random, or worse that it included every Muslim country he didn't have dealings with, when actually it was a list drawn up by Obama in 2015 of the points of origin that the US should implement the most extreme checks from.

So when Trump comes in and says he's closing the border for 90 days in order to ascertain how security is working and to make sure the US is safe, he's doing it based on Obama's list. That was produced in order to scrutinise and make access to the US difficult for people from those countries.

I'm just curious why a 'fact led' media wouldn't report this.

Edited by Rayvin

I'm have to say mind I'm sick to death of reading posts on my news feed from well meaning, liberal friends though, banging on about how Obama has somehow enabled Trump and should be blamed for what we're confronted with today.

I tell them I'm still pretty busy with learning to understand the people who don't like facts, the people who don't like Romanian grocery stores and the people who don't want me to have equal rights but I'll get to this 2017 iteration of "Hindenburg was responsible for the Holocaust" as soon as I've got a bit of spare time. :good:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jan/30/green-movement-greatest-threat-freedom-says-trump-adviser-myron-ebell

Apparently, according to the nutjob Trump put in charge of the environment, the Green movement is the 'Greatest Threat to Freedom'. And that US voters have rejected the expertariat.... which sounds familiar.

I think he's running the US like a company. If reports are true that he fired all the senior managers in the state department, that's one an incoming CEO might do. Avoids internal politics. Forbidding company employees from posting or tweeting thing's that can be used against it. Another things he's doing that we see all the time from corporations.

He does appear to be running the US as if it were a business. Which is not a good sign.

And Gloom, I'm just asking why the media have claimed that Trumps list of countries to avoid taking incoming people from was seemingly produced at random, or worse that it included every Muslim country he didn't have dealings with, when actually it was a list drawn up by Obama in 2015 of the points of origin that the US should implement the most extreme checks from.

So when Trump comes in and says he's closing the border for 90 days in order to ascertain how security is working and to make sure the US is safe, he's doing it based on Obama's list. Thy was produced in order to scrutinise and make access to the US difficult for people from those countries.

I'm just curious why a 'fact led' media wouldn't report this.

Obama's list has been widely reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38798588

No facts are being hidden. But Obama did nothing like this.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/sorry-mr-president-the-obama-administration-did-nothing-similar-to-your-immigration-ban/amp/?client=safari

Do you genuinely believe there is a media campaign to withhold or distort facts to make Trump look bad? He's doing a perfectly good job at that himself - he doesn't need any help there

Conparing Obama's move in 2011 to this Is apples and oranges. And the flow of refugees was never halted. We are discussing the fact people with a legal right to live and work in the US have seen their status change overnight because nothing like this has happened in recent times.

And whether it was drawn up from Obama's list is besides the point - this is about vetting potential terrorists, right? So why weren't Saudi Arabia and other predominantly Muslim countries where some of the 9/11 hijackers not included on the list of targeted countries? Is the media not right to report on that?

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden