President Biden

Happy Face

You lot are too fixated on Trump. Current strategy flow is to throw a lot of stuff up in the air (distractions) and the Trump camp are very good at it. Keeps a flux of nonsense going while they find what hits and what doesn't. They research what comes back and continually re-plot the course. All these tweets and things are part of that strategy - they are reality testing. They are giving you things to discuss...It's always emotive and cuts out the logic circuits. There will be teams diving the data on what holds up and what can be dropped.

Edited by Park Life

You lot are too fixated on Trump. Current strategy flow is to throw a lot of stuff up in the air (distractions) and the Trump camp are very good at it. Keeps a flux of nonsense going while they find what hits and what doesn't. They research what comes back and continually re-plot the course. All these tweets and things are part of that strategy - they are reality testing. They are giving you things to discuss...It's always emotive and cuts out the logic circuits. There will be teams diving the data on what holds up and what can be dropped.

Strategy, yeah right it's a "strategy".

Strategy, yeah right it's a "strategy".

It's what won them the campaign. He would try different one liners in debates and broach various talking points only to work out what was working. They are always looking for 'kill shots'. They will have already worked out the 'immigration thing' will play out well among their support and wider America. It doesn't matter to them what the hip kids in LA think or what the reception is in the capitals of Europe. He's already said the EU is shit and Merkel is a clown. :lol:

Trump had a much smaller team than Clinton so they honed everything down to its bear bones and often one thing at a time 'Low energy Bush' etc...

Edited by Park Life

:lol: How is everyone in this thread not just nodding in agreement that this man is a giant fucking psycopathic cunt? There's no argument about this ffs. Stop trying to have one. Just join me in hoping that he dies very soon.

:lol: How is everyone in this thread not just nodding in agreement that this man is a giant fucking psycopathic cunt? There's no argument about this ffs. Stop trying to have one. Just join me in hoping that he dies very soon.

That's a bit rich from the BAMFUmk2 man tbh.

I've never claimed that any of this is BAU. I've just questioned whether it's actually worth working yourself into a daily frenzy when your anger, frustration and all the other stuff has zero bearing on what is happening.

Edited by Gemmill

Is anyone at all concerned that Bannon, trump's right hand man, once called for a Christian holy war? This is the guy who is basically calling the shots right now.

And the language in the attorney general statement. Just wow. It could have been dictated by trump himself. Makes it sound like an act of treason with talk of betrayal.

You genuinely believe what we're seeing is strategic?

You've got people running the administration with zero experience in government or diplomacy and that is being reflected in what we're seeing daily.

Doesn't seem at all like it's part of some grand cunning plan to me. I can't believe we're all being duped and Bannon is sat somewhere in the west wing, stroking his cat while letting out a machiavellian laugh.

It comes across to me as exactly what is: a bunch of extreme, populist nutters who haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Trump has apparently also said that he plans on "doing a big number on Dodd-Frank". A number 2 presumably, I can only imagine the next phase of draining the swamp involves deregulation on Wall Street.

It sounds like it from his speech about cutting regulations for businesses. That said, I do think he might actually make the biggest song and dance about improvements made to manufacturing.

Despite a lot of what we're hearing from our preferred media sources, he seems to have a lot of support (even in the UK from the Brexit crew) for a lot of his policies. I don't think that we're anywhere near the level of majority condemnation that we need for this to go awry.

That said, his approval ratings fell below 50% the other day which has now set the all time record for the fastest recorded majority disapproval rating of any President ever. He managed it in 8 days. The previous record holder was Bill Clinton on 500+ :lol:

I've never claimed that any of this is BAU. I've just questioned whether it's actually worth working yourself into a daily frenzy when your anger, frustration and all the other stuff has zero bearing on what is happening.

Well tbf I think we all hoped Trump's bark was worse than his bite but it looks like the election promises were more than empty rhetoric. We've now got into the situation that a man with a clear personality disorder has his finger on the nuclear button. I did a bit of research and there is literally nothing stopping him from deploying these weapons on a whim if he so chooses.

Then we May in power, are heading out the single market and the customs union, and Jeremy fucking Corbyn as opposite. We're going to become a low skilled low wage tax haven and the NHS is likely to be sold off to American interests. The whole of the western world is more polarised than ever and if there was ever a time to be part of a social union of countries it is now, but no, we're going it alone to the smug grin of the likes of Farage, Johnson, Gove and Fox.

I know I can't change any of what's happened in the space of the last 8 months but it's frightening how quickly it's all gone to shit. And depressing how many people are delighted with this. If there's one lesson to be learned it's anything is possible now.

That said, his approval ratings fell below 50% the other day which has now set the all time record for the fastest recorded majority disapproval rating of any President ever. He managed it in 8 days. The previous record holder was Bill Clinton on 500+ :lol:

It's not even that his approval rating fell below 50% (I don't think it was ever above it), it's that his disapproval rating climbed above 50%. :lol:

(EDIT: Wait, you said that, but also the opposite. Anyways.)

But I agree, there's no reason to think he's in any danger considering most of the people condemning him are the ones who've been condemning him all along anyway. He still managed to get elected despite that, so... :dunno:

I know I can't change any of what's happened in the space of the last 8 months but it's frightening how quickly it's all gone to shit. And depressing how many people are delighted with this. If there's one lesson to be learned it's that humans are fucking awful.

FYP

Well tbf I think we all hoped Trump's bark was worse than his bite but it looks like the election promises were more than empty rhetoric. We've now got into the situation that a man with a clear personality disorder has his finger on the nuclear button. I did a bit of research and there is literally nothing stopping him from deploying these weapons on a whim if he so chooses.

Then we May in power, are heading out the single market and the customs union, and Jeremy fucking Corbyn as opposite. We're going to become a low skilled low wage tax haven and the NHS is likely to be sold off to American interests. The whole of the western world is more polarised than ever and if there was ever a time to be part of a social union of countries it is now, but no, we're going it alone to the smug grin of the likes of Farage, Johnson, Gove and Fox.

I know I can't change any of what's happened in the space of the last 8 months but it's frightening how quickly it's all gone to shit. And depressing how many people are delighted with this. If there's one lesson to be learned it's anything is possible now.

Surely that statement should give you some optimism? I suspect that this is just a pendulum swing in the greater scheme of things. We'll come out of this eventually to a better scenario as the pendulum swings back the other way.

It's not even that his approval rating fell below 50% (I don't think it was ever above it), it's that his disapproval rating climbed above 50%. :lol:

(EDIT: Wait, you said that, but also the opposite. Anyways.)

But I agree, there's no reason to think he's in any danger considering most of the people condemning him are the ones who've been condemning him all along anyway. He still managed to get elected despite that, so... :dunno:

Ah sorry, I thought they would be the same thing :lol: You're right, his disapproval rating was the one I was talking about.

Surely that statement should give you some optimism? I suspect that this is just a pendulum swing in the greater scheme of things. We'll come out of this eventually to a better scenario as the pendulum swings back the other way.

No. To see why, see how Meenzer fixed my post. I've genuinely lost a lot of faith in humanity.

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden