The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

9 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Linked with Yaya Toure

So are Brighton.

In other words, his agent has highlighted every contact and hit Send All

• Like 1

I'd love be to see yaya here like. Never going to happen but if he's still starting games for city it's hard to imagine he wouldn't walk into our side, injuries or not.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I'd love be to see yaya here like. Never going to happen but if he's still starting games for city it's hard to imagine he wouldn't walk into our side, injuries or not.

Former top class player on the wind down on big wages? Trophy signing!

He looked a lazy fucker for City at times. Can't see him looking rejuvenated playing for us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Former top class player on the wind down on big wages? Trophy signing!

He looked a lazy fucker for City at times. Can't see him looking rejuvenated playing for us.

Agree with this, his passing and shooting is fantastic and City can still use it as they have ample quality players that will work hard around him while being able to handle most teams and meaning he doesn't have to graft massively. In a side like ours he'd have to work a lot more on the defensive side and as Ewerk says that's not the likely outcome in that sort of situation. 

Regardless there's absolutely no fucking way our lot would pay his wages, let alone him wanting to actually come, he could comfortably see out his career as a bench/sometime starter at a CL level club, or end up somewhere like China or the USA.

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Walk would be the operative word tbh, obviously we need quality as part of the PL step up but we couldn't afford it at the sacrifice of that much graft.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Any chance of getting him on loan for another season? I'd like to see him in the PL before committing to anything.

I agree, he's looked decent in the championship but he hardly kicked his arse in the EPL with Bournemouth.

I wouldn't bother.  We're going to have to spend our money wisely and although £6m isn't a massive amount, it's money that could go towards a player who could keep Gouffran out of the team in the premier league.  Something that Atsu couldn't manage in the Championship.  And if Atsu was our first choice I'd be very concerned.

I like him and the team is in drastic need of pace as it is. You also can't really trust Aarons to be fit for a season, plus Gouffran and Sammy will be away not to mention Atsu already knowing the system and the players. I'd take a punt on him. £6 million these days is probably £3 million 5 years ago i.e. what we paid for Obertan and he's better than him.

I'd favour a loan for sure, never did owt with his previous PL teams and I wouldn't want to be stuck with him if he isn't going to cut it.

• Guest featured this topic