The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

You'd imagine that if you're playing ManU at home with a million viewers worldwide someone might be able to sell a bit of adv off it. :lol:

I bet you if I rang up pretending to be a Swiss Bank they wouldn't even know who to put me through to.

Edited by Park Life

2 minutes ago, Park Life said:

You'd imagine that if you're playing ManU at home with a million viewers worldwide someone might be able to sell a bit of adv off it. :lol:

I bet you if I rang up pretending to be a Swiss Bank they wouldn't even know who to put me through to.

Not to go all Peter Kay but remember when they gave an e-mail address to contact if you were interested in buying the club?

6 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Do it, record.

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Well, we don't know how much the owner was willing to spend on players, but the evidence suggests not a lot. Therefore, if that is the case then the club didn't have a lot. But that's a different issue, you were saying the club is a 'cash cow flush with cash', which suggests it's generating large profits year on year. I don't that's the case for any Premier League club tbh. As has been said, it's not a great way of making money. I think there's an argument that the owner uses the club's profile in order to push his brand. But that's a different issue too. Don't get me wrong, I can't fucking stand the fat cunt, but there's not £100m lying around that the club has made over the last x amount of years. We'll have made a sizeable loss last year for a kick off. That's largely the owner's fault too imo but it doesn't make this cash you're on about suddenly appear.

What part of "no one can convince me" do you not understand? :D

Why do billionaires buy sports franchises then? Why do dogs lick themselves? Whether they are making profit or not that particular season, money is made available to them. And in fat Mike's case, he is one of the lucky owners in this league for owning us, but he just chooses not to make the club great. As Keagen said, he knows nothing about football and Llambias knows even less.

50 minutes ago, LooneyToony said:

What part of "no one can convince me" do you not understand? :D

Why do billionaires buy sports franchises then? Why do dogs lick themselves? Whether they are making profit or not that particular season, money is made available to them. And in fat Mike's case, he is one of the lucky owners in this league for owning us, but he just chooses not to make the club great. As Keagen said, he knows nothing about football and Llambias knows even less.

Whilst you are clearly the font of all NUFC knowledge :lol:

I thought it would be different this time around. Bringing Rafa in made me hopeful that Ashley actually came to his senses, that he might have found some ambition. It'll always be P & L for him - can we get a 16% markup on these t-shirts, can I make 12% by selling Gale down the road and bringing in the 36 year old striker from the Azerbaijan 'B' league? Surely there's some walking sack of money out there that has enough interest in football to end our misery? Nah, it'll be better in the January window.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Graing
I suck at posting (and life)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Aye I saw that. AM are spending £50m and he's going to be kicking his heels until January. 

Wouldn't be shocked if he Adriano'd over the winter.

Chelsea play Ath Madrid away next week in the champions league, i wonder if he'll be in the crowd ? If he is I predict 25 "zoom ins" on him:icon_lol:

• 2 months later...
On 7/20/2017 at 5:54 AM, David Kelly said:

You'll do very well to get a 20 goal a season striker for £40m these days, certainly from the top leagues.

These are all of the players who scored 20 or more in the top five leagues last season (I still think it's a push to call France a top league mind).

England: Kane, Lukaku, Sanchez, Aguero, Costa.

Spain: Messi, Suarez, Ronaldo.

Germany: Aubameyang, Lewandowski, Modeste, Werner.

Italy: Dzeko, Mertens, Belotti, Icardi, Higuain, Immobile.

France: Cavani, Lacazette, Falcao, Gomis

Gomis it about the only one there who we'd have had a chance of signing had he not just signed for Galatasary.  I can't see many of the rest going for less then £40m either.

If we're looking for someone who's a proven goal scorer it's going to have to come from a lesser league like Belgium (where Mitrovic scored 20 the season before we signed him) or Portugal where you're looking at the likes of Bas Dorst (who no one seems keen on) and you're still looking at £40m.

Basically we aren't going to be signing a 20 goal a season man.

:cuppa:

"Last winter I received an offer from China, I would've earned an incredible sum."

"But Napoli didn't want me to go, and I wanted to stay. So nothing came of it. 'But what if an offer like that were to come in again? That's why I wanted a release clause in my new contract."

"It's true €28m isn't much for a Chinese club, and it's a decent sum for Napoli too. At least, it was until Neymar went to Paris Saint-Germain, because now people treat €28m like it's nothing. 'I have become a bargain' - where do you find a player who scores 28 goals in Serie A and costs €28m? Nowhere, right? I negotiated well," Mertens added.