The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

47 minutes ago, trooper said:

Rafa “fuming”, says experienced North East writer John Richardson:

Normal service resumed. @NUFC miss out on transfer target. Rafa fuming. More incompetence from those charged with getting the deals over the line.

A lot more likely than Sturridge choosing West Brom for family reasons.  Jesus Christ they expect us to just believe anything.

6 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

A lot more likely than Sturridge choosing West Brom for family reasons.  Jesus Christ they expect us to just believe anything.

It probably is the former but you wouldn't put it past being the latter i.e. Charnley's incompetence

Nicolai Jørgensen will continue playing for Feyenoord the rest of the season. The interested Newcastle United has passed the deadline that the Rotterdam club leadership had set for a winter transfer.

That deadline expired at 6 pm Dutch time tonight. Newcastle United made an offer twice for Jørgensen, but both times Feyenoord found the bid too low. The last bid was reportedly around 17 million euros.

Thats that then it is what it is & we are were we are

The refusal to pay Sturridge’s wages or the going rate for a striker on a permanent deal will be what sends us down. The fat cunt hasn’t learned a thing has he? After a decade, with a potential takeover at stake. Makes me suspect he doesn’t want to sell up after all. 

On 26/03/2013 at 09:29, Christmas Tree said:

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

Personally I think we'll have a few rough years ahead before he finally fully understands what's needed and appoints someone like Benitez.

I'm glad he's got the hang of this football lark, would fucking hate to see the clip of the club if he didn't. 

I don’t think it’s entirely down to a lack of money. It’s incompetence from Charnley and a failure to pay over the odds that is always required in January deals that has brought us to this point.

It’s incompetence from the top down. I don’t think it’s deluded Geordie of us to expect a Newcastle United managed by Rafa to be a bigger draw than WBA under the king. We probably offered to pay a third of his wages or some other derisory figure. Just as we won’t pay the transfer fee a selling club demands for their striker. It’s like it’s the principle of overspending that offends them - like the financial consequences aren’t several times worse than paying slightly over the odds because we’re desperate for new players and the selling clubs hold all the cards in January.

Unless it’s us selling when we wait till the last day without lining up a replacement. :suicide:

I’ve almost been laughing as today’s updates have come in. It’s completely futile getting worked up about any of this while Ashley is still here. He can’t or won’t change. The one manager he decided to back in his entire time here was McClaren ffs, that one panic January window under pardew aside.

Now all that remains is to start taking bets on which player we'll make a fake deadline day helicopter bid for before announcing at 9pm that there will be no signings. 

We've had N'Zogbia, Aimar, Bryan Ruiz. Let's go with...Troy Deeney as this year's deadline day bullshit signing. 

Even if we get a striker, not getting one in time for Swansea and Burnley games might be the difference between staying up or going down. I hope we go down. Fat shite doesn't deserve this gamble to pay off. And if it did it'd just encourage him to repeat his antics. I'm bored of the same cycle of predictable shite from him. 

15 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Just a reminder, two days still remain in this transfer window.

I'm still very hopeful we will still bring two new players. *

* deep breathe, runs for cover. 

I’ll be surprised if we sign one player now. We all know how the last 48 hours of transfer windows go for us. 

43 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Would drawing every remaining game 0-0 keep us up?

That’d leave us on 37 points, which might well be enough this season given how many teams are in the mix.

We’are going to lose plenty along the way. I reckon we need at least another four wins to be safe. 

14 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Even if we get a striker, not getting one in time for Swansea and Burnley games might be the difference between staying up or going down. I hope we go down. Fat shite doesn't deserve this gamble to pay off. And if it did it'd just encourage him to repeat his antics. I'm bored of the same cycle of predictable shite from him. 

I'm with you if the takeover's dead.  But there is that glimmer of hope that Ashley will fuck off and Rafa will be backed by someone at least semi-ambitious.  That's all I want to see really.