The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Sane didn't even fucking play for City when Leicester won the title #talkingyetmoreshite #fuckingfish :rolleyes:

No it was Jesus Navas and Raheem Sterling, both better than Mahrez, you dopey argumentative bellwhiff. #ThompersGonnaThomp

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

No it was Jesus Navas and Raheem Sterling, both better than Mahrez, you dopey argumentative bellwhiff. #ThompersGonnaThomp

Before this current season's progress, to say Sterling was better than Mahrez is bordering on ludicrous. You pretentious spastic

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Before this current season's progress, to say Sterling was better than Mahrez is bordering on ludicrous. You pretentious spastic

What about Navas? What about all the other better players at City? Face it you talked shite, got caught out, and are now trying desperately to redirect the conversation away from the shite you talked.

It's ok Thompers, I'll be the bigger man and forgive you.

Just now, The Fish said:

What about Navas? What about all the other better players at City? Face it you talked shite, got caught out, and are now trying desperately to redirect the conversation away from the shite you talked.

It's ok Thompers, I'll be the bigger man and forgive you.

Navas who scored 4 goals in over 100 appearances for City and is so good they let him leave before bidding for, get this, Mahrez? :lol:

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

That's not true though, is it? Sometimes the best team doesn't win a football match because of a ludicrous performance by the opposition 'keeper. Sometimes the best team is screwed out of a win by poor officiating, or bad luck. Sometimes the best team's striker has an off-day and the opposition striker plays out of their skin. 

So if all that is true, it's entirely possible for a few games to go against the "best team" and for a team that is fundamentally not the "best team" can steal a march. Ferguson's last Man United squad were not the best team in the league, but they won it. 

Sometimes the best team does not win a football match i agree, but over a season the best team always wins the league, how can it not be ? That's the idea of having a league system, to see who is the best team after all the fixtures.

That Man utd team you mention, the Nott'm Forrest team in the 80s and Blackburn Rovers were similar, not always great to watch not always filled with the best individual players but as a team they were the best, they have to be they finished top :D

Leicester finished TEN points clear, only getting beat 3 times that season, they beat all the so called big clubs they were by far the best team over the season..ten points better.

Anyway, we'll just have to disagree on that one.

That wasn't my original point btw

You quoted me saying "how far we done fell"  because  we are after the same player Leicester and Cardiff are after, well i say I wish we  "done fell" as far as Leicester as they have won the Premier League and last close season spent £80 million on 3 players. :o

Sterling was a better player but wasn't in the same form as Mahrez. Don't think we'll ever agree on that, so lets have a look at the rest of that Leicester squad;

• Schmeichel
  • Simpson
  • Huth
  • Morgan
  • Fuchs
  • Albrighton
  • Drinkwater
  • Kante
  • Mahrez
  • Okazaki
  • Vardy

Not exactly star studded now is it? At the beginning of that season you wouldn't have picked that squad for top half, would you.

Just now, Tdansmith said:

Sometimes the best team does not win a football match i agree, but over a season the best team always wins the league, how can it not be ? That's the idea of having a league system, to see who is the best team after all the fixtures.

That Man utd team you mention, the Nott'm Forrest team in the 80s and Blackburn Rovers were similar, not always great to watch not always filled with the best individual players but as a team they were the best, they have to be they finished top :D

Leicester finished TEN points clear, only getting beat 3 times that season, they beat all the so called big clubs they were by far the best team over the season..ten points better.

Anyway, we'll just have to disagree on that one.

That wasn't my original point btw

You quoted me saying "how far we done fell"  because  we are after the same player Leicester and Cardiff are after, well i say I wish we  "done fell" as far as Leicester as they have won the Premier League and last close season spent £80 million on 3 players. :o

Semantics, isn't it? Leicester deserved to finish top of the pile because they took their opportunity to do so when other teams did not. Fair dos. But they didn't have the best players, the best manager, the best style, or the best anything, bar the only thing that matters; the best results. 

My original point was that we've fallen past, and been usurped by, clubs that were nothing clubs not so long ago. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sterling was a better player but wasn't in the same form as Mahrez. Don't think we'll ever agree on that, so lets have a look at the rest of that Leicester squad;

• Schmeichel
  • Simpson
  • Huth
  • Morgan
  • Fuchs
  • Albrighton
  • Drinkwater
  • Kante
  • Mahrez
  • Okazaki
  • Vardy

Not exactly star studded now is it? At the beginning of that season you wouldn't have picked that squad for top half, would you.

Yet City still tried to buy Mahrez as recently as January. Despite being worse than Sterling, Sane and Silva. According to you. £60m bid. What would have been a club record fee. Seems Pep disagrees with you too.

Tbf to Fish, he’s right, it’s been a steady decline under the Fat Cunt. 

Wasn’t it The King who claimed we “just couldn’t compete” on the transfer market with fucking Southampton or something? 

Makes my teeth itch just thinking about the words falling out of his smarmy mouth. 

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yet City still tried to buy Mahrez as recently as January. Despite being worse than Sterling, Sane and Silva. According to you. £60m bid. What would have been a club record fee. Seems Pep disagrees with you too.

To be fair, Man City aren't known for spending a lot of money. 

Two seconds, I've just got to wipe the memory of Jo, Mangala and Roque Santa Cruz from my memory...

Just now, The Fish said:

To be fair, Man City aren't known for spending a lot of money. 

Two seconds, I've just got to wipe the memory of Jo, Mangala and Roque Santa Cruz from my memory...

Ah alright so Pep made a mistake targeting him. Naming flops (Djemba :lol:) to counter the fact that players you said were worse than Chelsea's, arsenal's and city's were signed by or targeted by those very clubs. Desperate.

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Tbf to fish his opinions are more valid than Pep's because he uses more obscure words

To be forthright, you’re talking out of your trequartista. 

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Ah alright so Pep made a mistake targeting him. Naming flops (Djemba :lol:) to counter the fact that players you said were worse than Chelsea's, arsenal's and city's were signed by or targeted by those very clubs. Desperate.

You're problem with me is so overwhelming for you, that you'll argue positions you don't agree with, just to act the cunt, won't you? It is in no way controversial to say Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea et al, had better players than Leicester did in their title winning season. Yet here you are, arguing white is black, because you're an ornery tit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're problem with me is so overwhelming for you, that you'll argue positions you don't agree with, just to act the cunt, won't you? It is in no way controversial to say Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea et al, had better players than Leicester did in their title winning season. Yet here you are, arguing white is black, because you're an ornery tit.

That's not what you said though. You made out they were better man for man all across the park which simply wasn't true. That Leicester team featured some exceptional talents that were better than players at bigger clubs. That's not arguing black is white. Your counter arguments to that so far have featured Djemba Djemba, Jo, Sane even though he was still in Germany, and Navas who scored 4 league goals in 120 games for City. You talk shit and when called out talk more shit. This isn't personal babe. It might just seem that way because I call you out on it more than I do anyone else, but that's because you talk the most shit by some distance. Hope I haven't ruined your day x

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

That's not what you said though. You made out they were better man for man all across the park which simply wasn't true. That Leicester team featured some exceptional talents that were better than players at bigger clubs. That's not arguing black is white. Your counter arguments to that so far have featured Djemba Djemba, Jo, Sane even though he was still in Germany, and Navas who scored 4 league goals in 120 games for City. You talk shit and when called out talk more shit. This isn't personal babe. It might just seem that way because I call you out on it more than I do anyone else, but that's because you talk the most shit by some distance. Hope I haven't ruined your day x

There were better strikers, wingers, centre mids, fullbacks, centrebacks and 'keepers in the league and that's obvious and not controversial. Leicester won the league with Danny Simpson, Marc Albrighton, Rob Huth and so on. Vardy wasn't a better player than Aguero. I don't think Mahrez was the best right midfielder playing in the league that year, but accept that's up for debate. What you've tried to do is have an argument predicated on pedantry, not in an effort to carry on the conversation, but to have a pointless tit for tat with a stranger on the internet. 

You might think I talk shite, but I don't, I'm just active on here and because I am I'm an easy person to engage in a pointless tit for tat. 

5 hours ago, adios said:

Have to agree with Fish.  I think it's a statistical anomaly.  If it wasn't, they wouldn't have been struggling at the other end of the table either side of that season.  Great teams don't do that.

Leicester weren't a great team,just the best over 38 games.That's a lot of off-days for the 'better' teams if you think they didn't deserve to win the league.

• Like 1

:lol: You tell them essembee, we should all still be on a high from the mackems decline. 

I get what Fish is saying but I think to be fair to Leicester in that particular season they were the best team. There were factors such as the usual top sides having an off season and usual service has since resumed. Still astounding that a defence as shite as Simpson, Huth, Morgan, and Fuchs won the league mind, but as Quiff mentions they do have quality such as Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, and even Drinkwater (albeit excelling in a very restricted role). 

I do absolutely go against Fish’s comment about Navas being better than Mahrez, in fact I demand an apology for that one. Navas is the poster boy of not having any end product whatsoever. I’m a big fan of Sterling though and have always thought he was quality, in that particular season Mahrez was better but overall I prefer Sterling. 

Edited by Howay

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I’m a big fan of Sterling though and have always thought he was quality, in that particular season Mahrez was better but overall I prefer Sterling. 

Agree with that overall.

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Leicester weren't a great team,just the best over 38 games.That's a lot of off-days for the 'better' teams if you think they didn't deserve to win the league.

"Deserve" is a subjective concept so I can't disagree with you there.  I'm not taking it away from them, it's an outstanding achievement.

I'm saying that if you played that season 20 times, it wouldn't go that way 19 of them.  I think the latter figure's probably much bigger, but basically I think they proved that it can take longer than 38 games for luck to balance out even for a side that you'd expect not to be challenging for Europe under normal circumstances.  

• Like 1