The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

He's a strange player Shaqiri, obviously he has great left peg but he seems to disappear for long spells. I doubt Rafa would be interested for that reason, he loves every player on the pitch to work hard and he won't do that.

Aye, defo have him over Perez and believe he's a good player so it's blatantly his personality biasing my opinion.

8 hours ago, adios said:

Good player but I really dislike him.  Probably not Rafa's type either as he doesn't seem to get on too well with his teammates.  

I know what you mean, I do think he’s one of them where you hate the bastard because he’s on an opposition team but we’d like him on our team. 

He’d be well worth 12M but as KD said it’s be hard to get him if that’s how low his clause is. 

10 hours ago, Howay said:

I know what you mean, I do think he’s one of them where you hate the bastard because he’s on an opposition team but we’d like him on our team. 

He’d be well worth 12M but as KD said it’s be hard to get him if that’s how low his clause is. 

Aye. Agree with you and KD there. I think the same would've applied to the Southampton players being talked about had they gone down, i.e. wages etc. pricing us out of it.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2018 at 11:13, SpaceCadet said:

Newcastle are said to be interested in Niclas Fullkrug, who has netted 15 times this season in the bundesliga. 

Leicester and Cardiff are also supposed to be interested in him 

14 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Fingers crossed. He's played wide roles before so he'll have the mobility to excel in Rafa's system too.

I've never noticed him before  if i'm honest, i didn't even know who he played for until i looked it up, and as i have bt sports i watch a lot of the German football :D

I guess that's what happens when you watch foreign football when all that matter is my bet on the match :D

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Leicester and Cardiff are also supposed to be interested in him 

How far we done fell

17 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Leicester City are Premier League winners

Leicester's Premier League is an aberration. It's also the exception that everyone brings up when their position is weak.

My point stands. Where once we were signing world class talent, then competing with Arsenal, Tottenham or whomever for signings, now we're competing with the likes of Leicester and Cardiff. If you'd told an 18yr old Fish that, he would have spat his Pimms all over his blazer.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Leicester's Premier League is an aberration. It's also the exception that everyone brings up when their position is weak.

My point stands. Where once we were signing world class talent, then competing with Arsenal, Tottenham or whomever for signings, now we're competing with the likes of Leicester and Cardiff. If you'd told an 18yr old Fish that, he would have spat his Pimms all over his blazer.

I think it's unfair to say that about Leicester City, they won the league fair and square, nowt to do with my position being weak, in fact I'd love Newcastle to be where Leicester City are, former Premier league winning who spent £35 million  £24 million  and £22 million on three players, we can only dream of being at that level.

1 minute ago, Tdansmith said:

I think it's unfair to say that about Leicester City, they won the league fair and square, nowt to do with my position being weak, in fact I'd love Newcastle to be where Leicester City are, former Premier league winning who spent £35 million  £24 million  and £22 million on three players, we can only dream of being at that level.

They won the league because of a perfect storm. Similar to when we finished 5th. Underrated players maintaining superb form, good luck with injuries, poor performances by other (traditionally elite) Premier League sides. It's not unfair to say that, because it's patently true.

Of course I'd love Newcastle to win/have won the league, but, with the owner we have, the players we have and the players we're likely to get, that's not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They won the league because of a perfect storm. Similar to when we finished 5th. Underrated players maintaining superb form, good luck with injuries, poor performances by other (traditionally elite) Premier League sides. It's not unfair to say that, because it's patently true.

Of course I'd love Newcastle to win/have won the league, but, with the owner we have, the players we have and the players we're likely to get, that's not going to happen.

Sorry mate, i get your point but i disagree with you about Leicester winning the league, best team always wins the league.

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Sorry mate, i get your point but i disagree with you about Leicester winning the league, best team always wins the league.

That's not true though, is it? Sometimes the best team doesn't win a football match because of a ludicrous performance by the opposition 'keeper. Sometimes the best team is screwed out of a win by poor officiating, or bad luck. Sometimes the best team's striker has an off-day and the opposition striker plays out of their skin. 

So if all that is true, it's entirely possible for a few games to go against the "best team" and for a team that is fundamentally not the "best team" can steal a march. Ferguson's last Man United squad were not the best team in the league, but they won it. 

Have to agree with Fish.  I think it's a statistical anomaly.  If it wasn't, they wouldn't have been struggling at the other end of the table either side of that season.  Great teams don't do that.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's not true though, is it? Sometimes the best team doesn't win a football match because of a ludicrous performance by the opposition 'keeper. Sometimes the best team is screwed out of a win by poor officiating, or bad luck. Sometimes the best team's striker has an off-day and the opposition striker plays out of their skin. 

So if all that is true, it's entirely possible for a few games to go against the "best team" and for a team that is fundamentally not the "best team" can steal a march. Ferguson's last Man United squad were not the best team in the league, but they won it. 

TBF to Dan, it's a serious outlier (like >95% I think) for a whole season to result in someone like Leicester winning the League.

Yes, a team that isn't quite the best can easily have that run of luck, but for a not-so-great side to do it takes something rather bizarre.

2 hours ago, adios said:

TBF to Dan, it's a serious outlier (like >95% I think) for a whole season to result in someone like Leicester winning the League.

Yes, a team that isn't quite the best can easily have that run of luck, but for a not-so-great side to do it takes something rather bizarre.

I agree and Leicester winning the league was truly bizarre, that's why they were 5000-1 (or whatever) to win the league. Man for man they were weaker in most if not every position than the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester club. They were didn't have the best manager in the league. They worked hard, had a striker and 2 midfielders in the form of their lives and because of their previous season rarely went into a game as favourites meaning they could play the counter attack style that was very successful. 

No serious pundit expected them to get top half let alone win the thing. It's a total aberration and whenever people say "yeah, but Leicester won the league", what they're really saying is that nothing is set in stone. That's fine, but it's never happened before (afaik) and it's unlikely to happen again, so it doesn't really stack up as evidence of anything much at all.

Aye, the only thing it might be evidence of is the skill-gap closing causing higher variance but I've previously argued the opposite about the skill-gap so... :lol:  

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I agree and Leicester winning the league was truly bizarre, that's why they were 5000-1 (or whatever) to win the league. Man for man they were weaker in most if not every position than the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester club. They were didn't have the best manager in the league. They worked hard, had a striker and 2 midfielders in the form of their lives and because of their previous season rarely went into a game as favourites meaning they could play the counter attack style that was very successful. 

No serious pundit expected them to get top half let alone win the thing. It's a total aberration and whenever people say "yeah, but Leicester won the league", what they're really saying is that nothing is set in stone. That's fine, but it's never happened before (afaik) and it's unlikely to happen again, so it doesn't really stack up as evidence of anything much at all.

Yet Chelsea bought Kante and Drinkwater. Arsenal bid for Vardy. Man City for Mahrez... #alwaystalkingshite

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Yet Chelsea bought Kante and Drinkwater. Arsenal bid for Vardy. Man City for Mahrez... #alwaystalkingshite

Ferguson's Man United bought Eric Djemba Djemba #Mustbemintthen. Drinkwater has barely featured, Kante is good, no doubt, is Mahrez better than Sane? De Bruyne? Silva? Is he fuck. 

Fucking Thompers :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Ferguson's Man United bought Eric Djemba Djemba #Mustbemintthen. Drinkwater has barely featured, Kante is good, no doubt, is Mahrez better than Sane? De Bruyne? Silva? Is he fuck. 

Fucking Thompers :rolleyes:

Sane didn't even fucking play for City when Leicester won the title #talkingyetmoreshite #fuckingfish :rolleyes: