The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

On 12/05/2018 at 16:41, Howay said:

I get what Fish is saying but I think to be fair to Leicester in that particular season they were the best team. There were factors such as the usual top sides having an off season and usual service has since resumed. Still astounding that a defence as shite as Simpson, Huth, Morgan, and Fuchs won the league mind, but as Quiff mentions they do have quality such as Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, and even Drinkwater (albeit excelling in a very restricted role). 

I do absolutely go against Fish’s comment about Navas being better than Mahrez, in fact I demand an apology for that one. Navas is the poster boy of not having any end product whatsoever. I’m a big fan of Sterling though and have always thought he was quality, in that particular season Mahrez was better but overall I prefer Sterling. 

Even the quality you mention, for those few to deliver the title is unheard of when they’re paired with shit like Simpson. 

I guess it’s semantics, but I look at their squad and it’s a miracle they won the league, a miracle. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Even the quality you mention, for those few to deliver the title is unheard of when they’re paired with shit like Simpson. 

I guess it’s semantics, but I look at their squad and it’s a miracle they won the league, a miracle. 

Simpson isn't shit though. He's a solid enough full-back and was part of the team that finished 5th for us. Even Man Utd won titles with some players that weren't exactly world beaters. 

By my calculations we will have £50mil profit this season. But with last year's relegation, loss of TV money and the Murphy, Merino, Lejeune, Atsu, Manquillo and Joselu signings we could be back to £0.

Nee chance we are spending £50mil+ this summer 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

By my calculations we will have £50mil profit this season. But with last year's relegation, loss of TV money and the Murphy, Merino, Lejeune, Atsu, Manquillo and Joselu signings we could be back to £0.

Nee chance we are spending £50mil+ this summer 

I'm just curious how you came up with that number or analysis?  Based on the television money alone I'd figure on more.

Edited by LooneyToony

I expect Ashley is referring to the clubs net profit not its revenue.

In Ashleys world,the cost of new signings is the transfer fee AND the cost of the accumulated wages over their contract. So even if 50 mill were available, it would probably only equate to a couple of bang average signings.

I honestly think sales will be as important as the so called war chest. If Rafa can shift the duffers/out of favour players/loanees it will get some cash in and lower the wage bill...making new signings more palatable to the fat wanker.

56 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Linked with the striker Nicolás Castillo from Chile, never heard of him.

Apparently plays for UNAM in mexico who...have a great kit!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15.5.2018 at 21:04, LooneyToony said:

Just 108 days until the summer transfer window closes and still no new signings. :mad:

Sorry for causing a heart attack but isn’t it 66 days from now on as the window does close on August 9th due to the new regulations?

Edited by Isegrim

47 minutes ago, trooper said:

Everton preparing a £30 million bid for Lascelles.

Think thats how much they paid for Keane, a worse player, last year before prices rocketed again.

We ought to be telling them to fuck all the way off.

3 hours ago, trooper said:

Everton preparing a £30 million bid for Lascelles.

Preparing a bid = journo made up crap

Better clubs than everton will be after him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitman said:

Aye, what an utterly meaningless phrase 

5 hours ago, Kitman said:

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Aye, what an utterly meaningless phrase 

Lee Ryder: 'Understand Lee Charnley, the supremo at the cathedral on the hill is trying to ward off Everton who are peppering a bid for Jamaal 'they shall not pass' Lascelles. Figures of £30m would probably be enough to be repelled if the captain courageous move goes ahead.....what?.....aye, two minutes, Mala, am just tweeting the transfer latest for me puntaz.'

• Haha 2

Lee Ryder: 'understand the sluggish transfer movement from Newcastle United the last couple of years can be traced to Lee Charnley being traumatised at the court hearing in the Gutierrez v NUFC case. Professor Fish from the Blyth film institute describes Charnley's condition as 'Spiderman fatigue'. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, trooper said:

Chelsea & Spurs looking to bid £45 million for Lascelles Ashley will rubbing his hands together 

You cant just be chucking rumours up unsourced man

53 minutes ago, trooper said:

Chelsea & Spurs looking to bid £45 million for Lascelles Ashley will rubbing his hands together 

Gareth Southgate is the only bugger who doesn't want him. 

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

You cant just be chucking rumours up unsourced man

This from the Chronic

Newcastle United skipper Jamaal Lascelles is a target for Tottenham and Chelsea according to reports in the Capital.

And they intend to test Newcastle’s resolve – with an initial bid of £30million mooted but the possibility of bumping it up to £45million.