The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

Waste if the lad does go to those types of club. At his age and stage of development he needs game time, of course I hope it’s with us but even if it’s not he should be playing regularly and it’ll be a shame if he ends up back in reserve games or is farmed out on loan to different sides in different countries as those sorts of transitions can be difficult (as Renato Sanches is showing). 

Edited by Howay

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Waste if the lad does go to those types of club. At his age and stage of development he needs game time, of course I hope it’s with us but even if it’s not he should be playing regularly and it’ll be a shame if he ends up back in reserve games or is farmed out on loan to different sides in different countries as those sorts of transitions can be difficult (as Renato Sanches is showing). 

I do wonder if the penny is starting to drop with some players, hopefully Kenedy has learned from his time at Chelsea that being at a club where you play regularly is better than sitting on the bench or being a reserve, if he goes to PSG or wherever he'll not exactly be getting in ahead of Neymar or Mbappe.

I know Man City are starting to lose players like Jadon Sancho to Dortmund and whatnot because they know its their best opportunity to develop and play first team football, considering the wages that lower PL clubs can offer now especially perhaps we'll see the "top" clubs ability to just hold onto buckets of players start to fade away a bit. 

• Like 1

Isn't he just as likely to be starting for Chelsea next season as anyone?...suppose that depends on their (very likely) new coach but you might think the likes of Willian might fancy one last move, and he's better than Moses...

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Isn't he just as likely to be starting for Chelsea next season as anyone?...suppose that depends on their (very likely) new coach but you might think the likes of Willian might fancy one last move, and he's better than Moses...

He's not a wingback though really and he's certainly not getting in ahead of Hazard.

He's only starting for Chelsea regularly if they lose out on some good players and don't replace them which I think is unlikely, if Willian or Hazard were to leave for the money they ought to they'll surely spend rather than replace with Ken.

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Nah, he's not that level yet and to be honest he may never be a player good enough to old down a starting position at a club vying for the title.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Tallsport on about Rashford leaving Man U. 

Exactly the sort of player we won’t sign, who’d be perfect for us.

By what logic is he leaving Man U?

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

By what logic is he leaving Man U?

Micky Quinn saying he should if mourinho stays because he isn’t getting a chance. Probably nothing in it but don’t know if rashford’s agent leaked something that framed the debate, or if they plucked it out of thin air, as I only caught a bit of it.

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Nah, he's not that level yet and to be honest he may never be a player good enough to old down a starting position at a club vying for the title.

I get the argument that he's a squad player at a some of the club's that he's been linked with but Chelsea are fuckin chronic this season and he's at least as good on this form as anyone there bar Hazard who as Andrew says might be moving too. He'll be given a chance next season and if he doesn't take it he'll be out on loan again next January iyam.

42 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I get the argument that he's a squad player at a some of the club's that he's been linked with but Chelsea are fuckin chronic this season and he's at least as good on this form as anyone there bar Hazard who as Andrew says might be moving too. He'll be given a chance next season and if he doesn't take it he'll be out on loan again next January iyam.

Aye, that’s my thinking too. Maybe Conte will stick around and they’ll spend big but I can see a new manager coming in, liking the look of him and keeping him around. It’ll be disappointing but not the end of the world. I’m sure Rafa will be ready for that outcome and have some other options lined up.

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

The very fact that they've been atrocious says to me that he'll move on. They'll spend an embarrassing amount on Malcolm from Bordeaux or the like. Pushing Kenedy further from the first team and closer to the door. 

Didn't it come out a few weeks ago that we had some sort of agreement in place to sign him?  Maybe not nailed on but something that would put us in a strong position.  Fwiw I certainly don't think he's of the standard at the moment where he could get anywhere near PSG or Munich's teams and I don't see Chelsea giving him much game time either.  They are having a poor season but they have better players than him already so it doesn't make sense for them to backtrack.  It's much more likely they'll just spend more money.

I think a lot of our support are overhyping him tbh.  He's certainly an improvement on what we had and he's doing quite well but you'd think he was the new Ginola the way that some people go on about him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Didn't it come out a few weeks ago that we had some sort of agreement in place to sign him?  Maybe not nailed on but something that would put us in a strong position.  Fwiw I certainly don't think he's of the standard at the moment where he could get anywhere near PSG or Munich's teams and I don't see Chelsea giving him much game time either.  They are having a poor season but they have better players than him already so it doesn't make sense for them to backtrack.  It's much more likely they'll just spend more money.

I think a lot of our support are overhyping him tbh.  He's certainly an improvement on what we had and he's doing quite well but you'd think he was the new Ginola the way that some people go on about him.

He's no Laurent Robert, and that's for damned sure.

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Get Townsend back in if palace go down. Andy on one flank, JFK on the other. Sweet as...

Think he would come back anyway. Not sure if Ashley would pay the £20m+* they'd probably ask and whether or not the money could be spent better elsewhere.

*I know it's not a fortune but would think he'd argue it's paying more than we sold him for and he hasn't improved / got any younger

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

He's no Laurent Robert, and that's for damned sure.

Aye, he's impressed me a few times with his defensive commitment. Agree with David Kelly though.