The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Renato sanches mk2

Who? Schurrle?

Wouldn't be so sure of that myself, always thought he looked a good player at Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

He scored twice in the funniest football match in recorded history, so he's all right by me.

:D

This Muto smacks of another Riviere\Joslelu.

We bid £20mil for Plea, and instead of adding an extra £2mil we blow £9mil on our 6th choice striker target who we will loan out to a shit club in 18months before selling him on for £3mil

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This Muto smacks of another Riviere\Joslelu.

We bid £20mil for Plea, and instead of adding an extra £2mil we blow £9mil on our 6th choice striker target who we will loan out to a shit club in 18months before selling him on for £3mil

I'll be honest and say I don't know enough about any of these players but there's definitely been a false economy to a lot of our recent 'bargains', especially in the striking department. And whether you're fans of them or not the two we've spent reasonable money on (i.e. Gayle and Mitrovic) are worth at least what we paid for them.

We're doing the West Ham thing, they used to turn over strikers like nobodies business because they were constantly looking for bargains. 

They signed like 31 in 7 years at one point

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Schar signing has been confirmed.

We were paying similar money for Swiss defenders 24 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Alex

So the business so far...

In

Schar, Ki, Kenedy, Dubravka

Out

Colback, Sels (tbc), Mbemba, Merino, Haidara, Gamez

TBC

Mitro and/or Gayle out

Rondon in?

Muto in? 

Another winger/playmaker in?

Wouldn't be the worst window under Ashley. I'm disappointed we let Merino go. I'm braced for the inevitable disappointment on the striker and number 10 front. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

35 minutes ago, Kitman said:

So this Japanese lad Muto scored 8 goals in the bundesliga last season. I mean no disrespect but......he sounds quite shit

sounds like another Perez .. I’m open on it until I see him play :D

Edited by zerosum

If he's as lethal as Perez was in the back end of last season, I'll be happy with that.

On the surface, Schar seems an improvement on Clark, Muto is an improvement on Gayle (you'd hope) and Rondon is better than Joselu so, it could be worse but once more, they weren't first choice and "slight improvements" are about the best we can hope for. Not good enough, really.

• Like 2