The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread 2018 -2019

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we just get something clear. Toontastic.net isn't like these other forums where you can just waltz in and suddenly make friends with people. We're snobby, rather perpetual and overall cliquey. 

Aye cheers man, may as well sack the chemo off now

Posted Images

I wasn't expecting a great window, or even a good one, but I thought we'd at least get one or two in in the final few days. Long season ahead.

Edited by OTF
2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Why would he stay? Better to leave now on principle than after a result of a series of bad results.

He'll line his next move up before leaving.

1 minute ago, Monroe Transfer said:

I know we're not a big club but have to laugh at Chris Kamera saying the losers of this window are Chelsea and Arsenal :lol:

No one gives a fuck.  Not even the dizzying heights of a joke club anymore.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Purely because he feels he owes it to the players that have signed because of him.

Yep.  He's said as much; only reason he'll see out the season.

Guys it's ok, there's 6 deals subject to approval still to be announced in the league. Only question is do we have 6 players that are saleable or are some of that 6 incoming deals for other clubs?

I kinda get that there's a process we're all going through here but is it honestly conceivable that Rafa didnt know how much we had to spend at least in the past month? I doubt today has surprised him.

But who knows. Either way, he's here for now and if he sees out the season, will probably ensure we dont get relegated.

After that, we probably will have money to spend.

#optimism

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I kinda get that there's a process we're all going through here but is it honestly conceivable that Rafa didnt know how much we had to spend at least in the past month? I doubt today has surprised him.

But who knows. Either way, he's here for now and if he sees out the season, will probably ensure we dont get relegated.

#optimism

Which we will not, because we will still be owned by Mike Ashley.

16 outbound players. Not counting those who had no first-team future (Vuckic, Satka, Mbabu) and those who are coming back (Armstrong, Toney) that's 11 outbounds and 6 incomings. No side in the world has ever been promoted and gone "You know what would be great? To sell twice as many players as we bring in for our consolidation season." 

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

#optimism

You must be the most optimistic of optimists if you think that. I naively thought it would've been different this time, but they never change. 10 years and they've learned nothing, fucked up in 2009, almost fucked up in 2013 and 2015, fucked up in 2016 and now they're squandering one of the biggest opportunities we've probably had in my time, albeit a short one, of supporting this club. They've lucked out by having Benitez fall into their laps and still managed to completely fuck it up. There is no reason whatsoever not to back him, wank little Huddersfield Town have backed their boss with 4 times as much cash (net), Brighton not far behind them but we've deliberately and purposely decided that £11m is all Benitez is worth. 

I utterly despise the cunts running this club. Absolutely no point in struggling to get promoted only to make funds available to buy half of Demarai Gray. What was the point? Why were we all watching Brighton's games? Why did we bother worrying about Huddersfield's form or penchant for nicking late goals? Why did we worry? Absolutely no point or reason to continue to support this mess or the utter wankers that run it. It's just futile, if ever there was a time to back someone and see us progress it was this window, right now, and we've actively refused to compete. 

I'll still be there at the Stoke game if Rafa's here, like.

Edited by Haydnator
  • Like 1

Here's a fun exercise. 

Vurnon Anita released
Sammy Ameobi released
Yoan Gouffran released
Haris Vuckic released
Lubo Satka released
Florian Thauvin sold
Kevin Mbabu sold
Matz Sels  loaned
Adam Armstrong loaned
Daryl Murphy sold
Ivan Toney loaned
Emmanuel Riviere released
Siem De Jong sold
Grant Hanley sold

Tim Krul loaned

Achraf Lazaar loaned

Take that heap of shit and make a first XI out of it, then predict where it would finish in the Championship. Bonus points to anyone who fires up FM and actually makes that team and plays as it.