Other Games 18/19

20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Haven't seen it but the convenience of a pen then fucking stinks. 

:lol: WTF man?!

Was a penalty, Michael Oliver has balls of steel to award it. I expect he'll be waking up to a horses head next week in Ashington. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

:lol: WTF man?!

Was a penalty, Michael Oliver has balls of steel to award it. I expect he'll be waking up to a horses head next week in Ashington. 

Okay it was a pen, though I've seen ones like that for us not given. 

I just meant it smacked of the European version of what I call Red shirt rule - big clubs getting a disproportionate number of late pens in dubiously long injury time. 

I

It was a fair penalty in the 92nd minute. It was a fair red card. The ref then allowed 9 minutes of added time so Juventus had a chance to get a winner. There's no conspiracy here.

16 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

Newcastle United U23s had hard lines tonight getting beat 0-1 at home to Porto B in the semi finals of the Premier League International Cup, an 89th min winner !:mad:

I watched it online and we did ok considering how poor we seem to be at that level this season (losing multiple times to the reserve teams of championship or lower clubs) and we probably deserved the draw.  The only players who looked like they had a chance of making it were that Fernandez (although he needs to learn when to release the ball a bit earlier) and Sangare who came on as a sub and looked head and shoulders above everyone else in the team.  It was just a shame we couldn't get him on the ball more as he used it well every time he had it.

19 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I watched it online and we did ok considering how poor we seem to be at that level this season (losing multiple times to the reserve teams of championship or lower clubs) and we probably deserved the draw.  The only players who looked like they had a chance of making it were that Fernandez (although he needs to learn when to release the ball a bit earlier) and Sangare who came on as a sub and looked head and shoulders above everyone else in the team.  It was just a shame we couldn't get him on the ball more as he used it well every time he had it.

Both them players you mentioned look very good prospects.

Nice touch by the Porto players and staff leaving flowers and a scarf at the Bobby Robson statue.