Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Its laughable how the likes of Klopp aren't even challenged by the lies.  Just take it.

Because they are terrified he’ll call their footballing ability into question. Like that ex-pro he called someone who’d never kicked a ball before. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye, there was a lad on the Athletic podcast, someone mentioned overrated managers and his answer was Klopp. Won one league title. 

Lineker saying "he would have win a lot more if he wasn't up against the best of all time, Guardiola". 

Well he would have won two cos they finished second twice. How many other managers do we have to imagine don't exist to give Klopp his imaginary league winning props. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 15/05/2024 at 13:02, Gemmill said:

This is the REAL Manchester City. Never mind Pep. They'll get back to this one day eh @LondonBlue

It's definitely the old Man City. The Man City that got relegated the year after winning the league (having scored the most goals in the league too)

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I love how this cunt is a spokesman for City fans :lol: 

hey! he may be a knob but he's our knob .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

coolbyrne displaying delusion on an epic scale here the stupid cunt.

then someone posts an alternative history of league champions without man city, conveniently chelsea's titles are dismissed as fraudulent too. so, apart from the freak leicester season the self entitlement of the red top clubs has been restored.

fuck the cunts, if not us I hope man city win it again next season.

1852462211_Screenshot_20240520_073032_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8395ac41d43e9c088f11658c8d4b36d9.jpg1413260769_Screenshot_20240520_073143_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d01e352eb556f3fa74a80c5e3402d77d.jpg

liverpool fans have a short memory. if they hadn't been financially doped twice they'd be no bigger than Accrington Stanley

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

coolbyrne displaying delusion on an epic scale here the stupid cunt.

then someone posts an alternative history of league champions without man city, conveniently chelsea's titles are dismissed as fraudulent too. so, apart from the freak leicester season the self entitlement of the red top clubs has been restored.

fuck the cunts, if not us I hope man city win it again next season.

1852462211_Screenshot_20240520_073032_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8395ac41d43e9c088f11658c8d4b36d9.jpg1413260769_Screenshot_20240520_073143_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.d01e352eb556f3fa74a80c5e3402d77d.jpg

So long as they don’t mind giving back all the titles and cups they won in the 70s avd 80s when they had a significant financial advantage over their rivals. That was, of course, different. Although that’s assuming they even know that was the case. 
And you’d genuinely struggle to find a neutral who prefers Klopp to the way Guardiola handles himself. And as if pretending he didn’t know/care who won the league was anything other than him being a bitter bad loser. Them and Man Utd are two cheeks on the same arse. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

So long as they don’t mind giving back all the titles and cups they won in the 70s avd 80s when they had a significant financial advantage over their rivals. That was, of course, different. Although that’s assuming they even know that was the case. 
And you’d genuinely struggle to find a neutral who prefers Klopp to the way Guardiola handles himself. And as if pretending he didn’t know/care who won the league was anything other than him being a bitter bad loser. Them and Man Utd are two cheeks on the same arse. 

And don't forget the fact that Liverpool are a completely manufactured club. Their founder, the beer brewer John Houlding, kicked Everton out of Anfield (by upping the ground rent) and therefore had a ground but no team (and therefore no fans to sell his beer to). So he bought a load of mercenary players, mainly Scottish ones. He wanted to call them Everton as well but wasn't allowed so he called them Liverpool instead. So Liverpool got their stadium for free.  Houlding loaned shed loads of money to LFC and when he died it was due to be repaid to the family. However, the family realised that the club wasn't in a position to pay back the loans and any attempt to force them to do so would result in the bankruptcy of the club and the total loss of the money owed anyway. So they gave LFC a free pass by writing off the debt.

Beer washing at it's finest.

• Like 3

I think Liverpool think we must all love Klopp because they do, and the pundits/journalists/ex-pros do. And look, I don't doubt I'd rather have a pint with Klopp than Howe, but he's a bad loser, he's fully bought into the "It Matters More" horseshit and he's twisting reality to paint Liverpool as plucky underdogs. 

End of the day you look at the top managers not just on what trophies they've won, but on how they've changed the league. Ferguson did it for ages, Wenger did it and Guardiola has done it. Has klopp changed the league to the same extent? I'd say not.

Plus scousers are usually cunts, so there's that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

And look, I don't doubt I'd rather have a pint with Klopp than Howe..

Cataclysmically bad take that

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

Posted (edited)

Fish and klopp walk into a bar, barman says, 'why the long face and prominent teeth?' Fish says, 'Hey! I'm the guy who does the comedy around here!'

Stand-Up Lol GIF by Muppet Wiki

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 11

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

And look, I don't doubt I'd rather have a pint with Klopp than Howe

banning super mario GIF

• Haha 2

If you have the time then this thread is a pretty good explanation on how Man City cheated FFP. Basically disguising owner payments via sponsors. It seems that CAS let them off the hook due to the fact that many charges were time barred and they weren't presented with actual bank statements to prove that Man City were actually doing what the emails clearly show they were doing.

Yeah it wasn’t a “not guilty” it was a “not proven”.  The Premier league are using the same Der Spiegel story via the email hack as an evidence source though. I expect the same result tbh. 

Howe is way too "High Performance podcast" to have a beer with, Klopp might be a bit of a cunt, but at least he's not dull. And if I stopped drinking with cunts, I'd be drinking alone.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Howe is way too "High Performance podcast" to have a beer with, Klopp might be a bit of a cunt, but at least he's not dull. And if I stopped drinking with cunts, I'd be drinking alone.

Well why don’t you go marry him?