Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Youve spelled Fikayo Tomori wrong. But that’s ok :cuppa:

Some kid for Liverpool over Tomori is criminal tbh. You'd think when we're fucked at LB even Burn would be getting a consideration (I know, I know!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

A fit and on form Luke Shaw starts for England but he hasn't kicked a ball since February.

33 man provisional squad that needs to be finalised / trimmed by 7th June I think I read. So it kind of makes sense to give him the chance given it’s a problem position 

Posted (edited)

So my boy Gareth needs to trim 7 players from this fine squad. Im going with:

Trafford

Quansah

Branthwaite

Eze

Wharton

Bowen

Maddison

I personally wouldn't take Shaw or Trippier due to fitness issues. I bet Southy ends up playing Gomez at LB. We are so light there.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Accounting firms are careful when they know theres an issue as their reputation is on the line

Having spent years in one, it doesn't necessarily work that way.

1. Statutory audits and other audit engagements aren't designed to detect fraud, if you pick up official audit engagement paperwork you'll see disclaimers around that. 

2. Auditors and big firms know the sum of feck all usually, they occupy themselves with filling checklists and forms, and rarely know much about whats really going on at the company. They also dont want to upset their big money clients. Big firms are routinely fined millions of dollars for lack of care and substandard work, just google it if you wish. 

Aye I meant to come back on this. I worked in audit for 6 years, and would spend weeks out at a client finding a bunch of shit they'd done wrong/bent in their favour. The partner would come out on the last day, spend an hour with the CFO, and come out in agreement that none of what we'd found was material and they could stick with what was there in the first place. 

Auditors work on materiality. The sums that we're talking about might not even have registered as worthy of testing, never mind been flagged up. 

37 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Having spent years in one, it doesn't necessarily work that way.

1. Statutory audits and other audit engagements aren't designed to detect fraud, if you pick up official audit engagement paperwork you'll see disclaimers around that. 

2. Auditors and big firms know the sum of feck all usually, they occupy themselves with filling checklists and forms, and rarely know much about whats really going on at the company. They also dont want to upset their big money clients. Big firms are routinely fined millions of dollars for lack of care and substandard work, just google it if you wish. 

fair enough. is that also the case when auditing a company that is accused of fraud?

4 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

obviously i have to defend that load of tripe.

UEFA case

the PL case appears to be based on those self same emails.

those emails were stolen.

they were also edited.

and they were mis-interpreted.

they were out of context and CAS saw the rest of the emails putting them in context

many further points such as - It was demonstrated that the sheikh referenced by initials was not in fact sheikh mansour (thats why you need the whole picture)

the emails were declared as admissible by CAS.

the time barred charges were the same as charges that weren't time barred (just different years). no evidence was provided for any of the charges.

even with the emails it was repeatedly ruled that there was no evidence of wrong doing (bar non co-operation)

an excerpt from the CAS ruling littered with highlighted no evidence statements.

GMUzbO2WIAATTMX.thumb.jpeg.56f25d619e36daddfb7cfd31f947a127.jpeg

The non cooperation fine was reduced from 30m to 10m for one simple reason.

we co-operated fully up until UEFA leaked business sensitive information to the press.

we then stopped cooperating and stated to CAS that we didn't feel we could trust UEFA anymore.

CAS accepted that but the fact remained that we didn't cooperate so they reduced the fine from 30m to 10m

Premier League Case

stolen evidence is inadmissible under english law.

The PL is a club following club rules but they still have a duty to follow English law and it states as such in their handbook.

presumably the PL are looking for us to give them the evidence that shows we've done wrong.

City are understandably saying - but we haven't done wrong so that evidence doesn't exist. so tell us what documents you want. PL say they want everything and City say you can't have everything as some is confidential so be more specific.

PL want to see documents from Etihad but Etihad have no such obligation. However Etihad are being floated so all documents will be available then (if we're guilty that would seem a bad move on our behalf)

PL haven't even spoken to Mancini

Its widely reported that the PL is David and city are Goliath. But the PL are represented by the finest in the land so thats poppycock.

Its widely reported that City tried to keep the case private because they've done wrong. But actually the City AND the PL wanted it kept private.

can't be bothered with listing more.

Man City's Crime ?

At the end of the day, win or lose all city have actually done is put money into their business.

I won't lose any sleep over that.

They haven't committed murder. hello liverpool fans

They aren't drugs cheats. hello liverpool squad and your asthma, hello man united, rio, etc

They haven't passed PL rules to stop competition, hello cartel

They haven't hacked rival club databases - hello liverpool

They haven't committed fraud - hello man united and all.

They haven't taken money out of football - hello man united

i had minor surgery this morning and needed a mini rant, let's hope i never have major surgery

mini rant over - sorry lads

I think I covered this before but it does still not look very good for City that they didn’t win the UEFA case because they actually could prove not having done anything wrong but the case got list in legal technicalities and formal stuff so that in the end time was running out. Actually not too dissimilar what Trump is trying to achieve at the moment and how some FIFA officials as well as German officials got away with crimes related to the WC in 2006.

Finishes the season with five wins and a draw and gets the boot. These Yanks really are top quality entertainment.

Come on now, you know it makes sense…

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

De Zerbi to Chelsea 

Poch to Man Utd 

you heard it here first :cuppa:

Why the fuck would De Zerbi want anything to do with that clown car of a club? That said, you're probably absolutely correct :lol:

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Poch leaves Chelsea. :lol:

Boehly is a full on dipshit.

That's an insult to dipshits tbh

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Why the fuck would De Zerbi want anything to do with that clown car of a club? That said, you're probably absolutely correct :lol:

They’re both basket cases :lol: 

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

What if it was Bruce? :lol:

Rather have a pint with Bruce than Klopp, Bruce would get all the drinks free cos he knows the owner and end up in a lock in.

Klopp would expect you to pay for his red wine, tell him how great he is and talk about fucking liverpool all night. The toothy cunt

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, strawb said:

Rather have a pint with Bruce than Klopp, Bruce would get all the drinks free cos he knows the owner and end up in a lock in.

Klopp would expect you to pay for his red wine, tell him how great he is and talk about fucking liverpool all night. The toothy cunt

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

fair enough. is that also the case when auditing a company that is accused of fraud?

They can't assume that when UEFA and others are struggling to prove anything right? Imagine a EY/KPMG partner walking up to the City board with all their connections, and saying "Erm, you're in the news for being dodgy, so we're going to conduct a forensic investigation and charge you a couple of extra mil this year". Completely unfathomable even for lower profile companies than City and it's owners. 

Most large companies have a number of open cases they're fighting at any given time, auditors give them a cursory glance to the extent they are likely to affect the financial statements. That's mainly it.

Let's say the situation was more clear cut, with City fined and being looked into by government authorities, in that case the firm would have protocols based on risk, from withdrawing completely to amending scope and limiting liability to cover their arses. Very rare.  

Chelsea btw :lol: I was just thinking the other day that they could be a problem for us next season too if they're smart in the summer window. This is a brilliant move and hopefully resets the progress of the last 6 months, 

Please please let Slot be a clown too. Can't wait for next season :lol: 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ackas said:

Trips really shouldn't be anywhere near that squad.
He's got more in common with Henderson and Rashford.