Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

You don't pay £17m for a stadium just to flatten it. Is this a power play to increase his rent from the club? Because given that Wasps are fucked what is the point in buying it unless you have a tenant?

Just now, ewerk said:

You don't pay £17m for a stadium just to flatten it. Is this a power play to increase his rent from the club? Because given that Wasps are fucked what is the point in buying it unless you have a tenant?

Won't he just sell it to a development company?

Would it be worth £17m as development land? I've genuinely no idea. Plus the local council are not going to want to see the place demolished as it pretty much wipes out two sports teams in the city.

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Would it be worth £17m as development land? I've genuinely no idea. Plus the local council are not going to want to see the place demolished as it pretty much wipes out two sports teams in the city.

I honestly have no idea. But given Ashley is such a good businessman, one can only assume he's got the perfect plan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

By the way, this was my first Newcastle shirt. 

:lol: One of the worst shirts we've had, the player wasn't much better. Any Spanish wonder signing we make in the future has to incorporate the words 'Albert Luque wrapped it up' into a song about them or the chanters are shit and can only copy other club's songs. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: One of the worst shirts we've had, the player wasn't much better. Any Spanish wonder signing we make in the future has to incorporate the words 'Albert Luque wrapped it up' into a song about them or the chanters are shit and can only copy other club's songs. 

I know there are no good memories of Albert Luque around here. And that it was still in the days when the Spanish were not welcome in Newcastle.

But in his favor I have to say that he was an excellent player and since his time at Newcastle he had a lot of bad luck and practically ended his career.

He had been at a brutal level for 4-5 years in Spain in a team like Mallorca and was one of the best players in a team like Deportivo de la Coruña that won a Spanish Cup against Real Madrid (in the Real Madrid Stadium the day 100 Real Madrid Anniversary), reached the Champions League semifinals and It was two years in a row 3rd in the Spanish League.

He was unlucky, because as soon as he arrived he injured his knee for three months... And when he recovered, he seriously injured his ankle. And that problem always dragged him.

Luque had never had injuries in his career.

I think he had personal problems with Glen Roedder and that's why he also didn't play anymore.

But he really was a very good player even though he couldn't show it here.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's one of my favorite club shirts... Perhaps, surely, because it was the first I have.

Bad news though...  I wore Michael Owen on the back.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Was that the shirt that was revealed square by square, Catchphrase style, over the course of about a month? :lol: Someone tell

me I’m not making that up

I think it must be a fantasy of yours. There’s no way any loser logged on to .co.uk every evening at 11pm just to see a new square being revealed. :blush:

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Was that the shirt that was revealed square by square, Catchphrase style, over the course of about a month? :lol: Someone tell

Can't remember that but I've blocked a lot of that shite out tbh. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I know there are no good memories of Albert Luque around here. And that it was still in the days when the Spanish were not welcome in Newcastle.

But in his favor I have to say that he was an excellent player and since his time at Newcastle he had a lot of bad luck and practically ended his career.

He had been at a brutal level for 4-5 years in Spain in a team like Mallorca and was one of the best players in a team like Deportivo de la Coruña that won a Spanish Cup against Real Madrid (in the Real Madrid Stadium the day 100 Real Madrid Anniversary), reached the Champions League semifinals and It was two years in a row 3rd in the Spanish League.

He was unlucky, because as soon as he arrived he injured his knee for three months... And when he recovered, he seriously injured his ankle. And that problem always dragged him.

Luque had never had injuries in his career.

I think he had personal problems with Glen Roedder and that's why he also didn't play anymore.

But he really was a very good player even though he couldn't show it here.

He looked excellent for la coruña but was signed by Shepherd for Souness who hadn't a fucking clue about anything including his signing which is one of the few things I believe when Souness talks about his time at NUFC. :good:

4 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

It's one of my favorite club shirts... Perhaps, surely, because it was the first I have.

Bad news though...  I wore Michael Owen on the back.

My main gripe about that shirt is that it was the first Newcastle United home shirt that didn't have just the stripes on the back and as far as I'm concerned that is sacrilege, Diego. ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I remember.

Tough wanks, the lot. 

• Haha 2