Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: They look thrilled with that pat on the head. 

:lol: Still not as bad as Martin Tyler presenting Sergio Aguero as he left Man City his notes from the game they won the title and he went 'Agueeeeeeerrrrrroooo' or whatever as if it's in all time legendary status. The smugness on Tyler's face as he's handing it over and the bemusement on the Argentinian's is telling. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol: Still not as bad as Martin Tyler presenting Sergio Aguero as he left Man City his notes from the game they won the title and he went 'Agueeeeeeerrrrrroooo' or whatever as if it's in all time legendary status. The smugness on Tyler's face as he's handing it over and the bemusement on the Argentinian's is telling. 

Apparently it’s now next John Gielgud’s Oscar 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: They look thrilled with that pat on the head. 

What he meant to say was

'I couldn't have broken this record if Southgate had dropped me for no mark friendlies against Dentists and Farmers to test out other strikers.  Cheers Gareth'

• Like 8

Don't know if this is completely standard behaviour but apparently Pep donated his £750k bonus for winning the CL to the club staff. Fair play, dunno how many of them there are but hopefully it was a nice little bonus.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Don't know if this is completely standard behaviour but apparently Pep donated his £750k bonus for winning the CL to the club staff. Fair play, dunno how many of them there are but hopefully it was a nice little bonus.

THE BALD FRAUD

• Haha 6

On 15/06/2023 at 14:04, Howmanheyman said:

He’s retired, thank fuck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He’s retired, thank fuck.

He was always one of the more mediocre commentators around in the 80s, he definitely got the BSkyB job by default as none of the main commentators or presenters fancied it thinking it would be a disaster and nobody was able to watch it. 

• Like 3

I see Peter Drury has replaced Tyler. Are there better more deserving commentators for the job? I'm not sure off the top of my head, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Drury is a pretty safe pair of hands, and definitely an improvement over Tyler. He would be an improvement over Tyler in his prime, for want of a better word, let alone the last few seasons of his career. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I see Peter Drury has replaced Tyler. Are there better more deserving commentators for the job? I'm not sure off the top of my head, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. Drury is a pretty safe pair of hands, and definitely an improvement over Tyler. He would be an improvement over Tyler in his prime, for want of a better word, let alone the last few seasons of his career. 

Totally agree. He does go OTT at times with praise but he does it for everybody. :good:

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Totally agree. He does go OTT at times with praise but he does it for everybody. :good:

He does attempt of bit of the Sid Waddell's in his verbosity, historical references etc at times. A pale imitation at best of course but I quite enjoy that type of commentating. Anything is better than Tyler's durge. Of course I'm probably being a bit harsh of Tyler given he's 77. He really should have been hanging the mike up a while ago given the clear lack of excitement in his voice these past several or so seasons. Maybe the mind was willing but the body wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He does attempt of bit of the Sid Waddell's in his verbosity, historical references etc at times. A pale imitation at best of course but I quite enjoy that type of commentating. Anything is better than Tyler's durge. Of course I'm probably being a bit harsh of Tyler given he's 77. He really should have been hanging the mike up a while ago given the clear lack of excitement in his voice these past several or so seasons. Maybe the mind was willing but the body wasn't. 

Nothing to do with his age, he's always been shite. :good:

• Haha 2

😂 He had to spoil it at the end by saying scrumptious. No grown man should be uttering the word scrumptious. Still class and leagues ahead of anything Tyler has done of course.