Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think he arguably had a bit more to work with but he’s done a fantastic job 

It was a tweet from @thebrokendoll’s BFF Alex Hurst that made me start thinking about it. Tory boy said it’s indisputable that Eddie Howe, regardless of what Man City may or may not do to Man Utd & Milan in the next week or so, is definitively manager of the year. It’s definitely a bit tougher to call than that. De Zerbi lost his three best players this season too and also got into Europe…

54 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

It was a tweet from @thebrokendoll’s BFF Alex Hurst that made me start thinking about it. Tory boy said it’s indisputable that Eddie Howe, regardless of what Man City may or may not do to Man Utd & Milan in the next week or so, is definitively manager of the year. It’s definitely a bit tougher to call than that. De Zerbi lost his three best players this season too and also got into Europe…

I agree tbh, although whatever happens Howe should be right up there. Irrespective of resources though it would be hard to see anything other Guardiola winning if they do the treble. I don’t really have a problem with that. It’s all about winning 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Watkins better than Wilson? 

Mings better than Schar? 

they were probably stronger in midfield? … 

am not sure, no biggie like but the job Emery has done is at least as good as Howe iyam 👍

They've a stack of good players, to be fair. Is Watkins better than Wilson? Arguably, yeah. Martinez is a fantastic goal keeper, Luiz is a very good defensive midfielder and they've an embarrassment of riches in attacking midfield. Emery's performance this season is more like Howe's last season. But Howe's performance last season was better than Emery's performance this season because he had less to work with.

• Like 2

Can't recall if I posted this the other day but RAWK has a thread where posters are so enraged by the audacity of clubs like City and ourselves being state owned that they want to bin off the entire premier league and go and make a super league instead. State owned teams would be banned and only 4 teams could enter from each country. Naturally Liverpool would be first on the list for England.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354280.0

image.thumb.png.c7301abc2c00467a48b1e2373592aa6d.png

:lol: Bitch, before we were taken over I couldn't even have told you who won the league on a given season two weeks after it ended, that's how low my interest in your big 6 nonsense used to be. And while I'm not saying that it'll be more enthralling for the other clubs now that Newcastle might threaten to win it at some point, let's not pretend that the apathy will be new. What's new, I suppose, is that Liverpool fans may be the ones feeling it for change.

• Like 4

I’d hate to see the ESL happen and don’t  think it will. However two things are particularly funny with regard to those entitled cunts whinging on RAWK. Firstly, they only want the ESL because they’ve missed out in the CL next season. Secondly, do they not realise Man City (and ourselves) would get an invite too? 

• Haha 7

Really good yeah. You could tell their mentality, bravado and spirit had got them a long way every time you saw them play, they didn’t respect reputations and it’s really interesting to read that they thought they could win before the game…. they actually put us out of the cup the season before(?) Vinnie Jones was fuckin immaculate that day, marked Gazza out of the game :cuppa: