Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

TBF to wyki I heard them saying on the radio pre-match that the side Southgate put out was the most experienced he's ever fielded i.e. the most caps between them. It's an end of season match at home to North Macedonia, it was the perfect time to give starts to the squad players but instead Southgate behaves like the overly aggressive dad crushing his eight year old at FIFA.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Aye, it’s a genuine worry that his current plan is to head to Germany next summer with Henderson next to Bellingham and Rice when the likes of Foden or Eze could have benefited from the time in that role. The Liverpool right back gets a total luxury role in central midfield though :lol: 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, it’s a genuine worry that his current plan is to head to Germany next summer with Henderson next to Bellingham and Rice when the likes of Foden or Eze could have benefited from the time in that role. The Liverpool right back gets a total luxury role in central midfield though :lol: 

Ah, but its given him a headache because how superb TAA has been against the potato farmer and dental assistant. 

• Haha 2

Didn't Ukraine have to score 2 late goals to beat them?

England fans are something special. Never happy. If he had played the youngsters and scraped a 1-0 it would have been the end of the world.

Its a qualifier. No need to mess on. Get the points on the board.

We are pretty much nailed on qualified.  Macedonia have 3 points in the league.  If we cant get 6 points against them and Malta we are fucking wank.

Southgate has sucked any last remaining life out of watching England.  Why does he keep picking the likes of Maguire, Henderson when there's other players that can be tried out against smaller teams. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Southgate has sucked any last remaining life out of watching England.

The day after a 7-0 win with a hat trick for one of England's most exciting young talents. :lol:

The truth is international football is totally fucking pointless and boring outside of the major tournaments. Always has been.

The only time I enjoyed watching qualification stiff was as a kid when Sportsnight was on during the week, but even then it was probably only cos it was such a rare thing to have on the telly.

Look numb nuts, we just won 7-0 and you're whingeing. North Macedonia were knocked out in a play-off to get to the World Cup. They just came off an unlucky game against Ukraine where they could have easily won.  It was potentially (banana skin) a tricky game if they turned up but the manager botched their tactics.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Look numb nuts, we just won 7-0 and you're whingeing. North Macedonia were knocked out in a play-off to get to the World Cup. They just came off an unlucky game against Ukraine where they could have easily won.  It was potentially (banana skin) a tricky game if they turned up but the manager botched their tactics.

Ah yes, the mighty North Macedonia whose only victories in their last 11 matches were against Malta, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar.

Pathetic. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Getting worked up over a 7-0 win.  😀 Its a qualifier not a friendly. No need to mess on.  

I fail to see how anyone can get worked up about this.

Indeed

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Getting worked up over a 7-0 win.  😀 Its a qualifier not a friendly. No need to mess on.  

I fail to see how anyone can get worked up about this.

Wasn't me calling a fellow TTer numb nuts

Schitts Creek Flirt GIF by CBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wasn't me calling a fellow TTer numb nuts

Schitts Creek Flirt GIF by CBC

Its my pet name for you. I love you, really. Mainly because you remind me of my missus.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 5

On 20/06/2023 at 20:13, Toonpack said:

Bit wet in Glasgow (match stopped 6 mins in)

I think it's genuinely a home game tactic at this point and a wonderfully effective one at that. To quote wee John McGinn after beating Spain "the grass was a bit long and the pitch was a bit sticky but this was in Scotland, not Spain! That's the benefit of being the home team. I think we handled the game very maturely."

Fucking hilarious though. For most of the hour and a half the game was stopped there was barely 6 folk out there trying to essentially squeegee the entire pitch. At one point one of the stewards randomly joined in with a leaf blower. 

• Haha 2