Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am watching the latest anti English treatise from “Gatesheed” Davey Olusoga and feeling very “Sir Walter” Scottish indeed this evening :D :scotsman:

For some reason the Gammon's really don't seem to like his historical musings? :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

For some reason the Gammon's really don't seem to like his historical musings? :lol:

When he does a book tour the poor fucker has to take a bodyguard with him….for telling the truth 😒

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I'm watching Man United and hoping Galatasaray pump the shite out of them.

Haven't seen what the latest Davey O is about. I watched his house history one which was canny.

It’s about the history of the UK from the union of the crowns in 1603, it’s excellent 👌 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zico martin said:

Must be my age (or the fact that my dad worked at the factory in Washington when I was a nipper), but this is what springs to mind for me like !

images.jpeg

First ever vinyl purchase for me

R-807576-1164809611.jpg.d833ce8981989340317dce4c3927b69c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Am watching the latest anti English treatise from “Gatesheed” Davey Olusoga and feeling very “Sir Walter” Scottish indeed this evening :D :scotsman:

It’s really good. Covers a lot of the period I studied for A-level too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dougle said:

First ever vinyl purchase for me

R-807576-1164809611.jpg.d833ce8981989340317dce4c3927b69c.jpg

My first vinyl purchase was Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel. My second was Mahna Mahna by the muppets.  Strange these days to think about buying individual songs, the top 20 countdown was everything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Apparently 64 of the 55 UEFA members will qualify for this expanded edition 

The fact that people could readily believe this says everything anyone needs to know about UEFA :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20231004_160947_Guardian.thumb.jpg.4d1deba716b8747cbf072692fbcf5403.jpg

Fan friendly!

Honestly thought that was a mistake when I saw it on the bbc. But no, Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina will also host some matches to mark 100 years of the World Cup. Absolutely mental 

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Honestly thought that was a mistake when I saw it on the bbc. But no, Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina will also host some matches to mark 100 years of the World Cup. Absolutely mental 

Even more bat shit than letting Qatar host it. 

Some fifa tit reckon jet-lagged players are going to improve the spectacle?