Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

On 27/01/2024 at 20:53, Andrew said:

Dear lord that thread is amazing, they are so dramatic. :lol:

Theres one liverpool fan in my group chat with lads from back home and hes absolutely beside himself, and getting less than no sympathy while he's at it.

Same here.

I used to work with a lad who supported Liverpool, they had a slightly sticky patch and he thought he needed to go not too long ago, was full of it of course when they picked up. Glory hunting fan, disliked us more than Man U. Will probably be wearing a black armband now. Could be a decent enough kid at times but was generally a bit useless and a bit of a knacker. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Has been acting like a cunt for a while. 325k a week. He's been bang average for last few seasons 

He scored 30 goals last season and pretty much got them CL qualification.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Has been acting like a cunt for a while. 325k a week. He's been bang average for last few seasons 

Mr Mackey Mmkay GIF by South Park

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He scored 30 goals last season and pretty much got them CL qualification.

Fuck me was that last season?  Feels like about 3 seasons ago :lol: My bad.

I like him purely for the reaction from the  gammons every time his name is mentioned. Pissing on Man Utd’s chips is a bonus.  But it’s a bit of a shame if he’s wasting his talent. I would’ve like to have seen what Guardiola would have done with him when Mourinho seemed like he was trying to force him out the door 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Its like he's thrown his teddies fully out with Ten Nonce.  I can't blame him :lol: 

What do you mean? You just fucking did! :lol:;) 

• Haha 10

He's got talent no doubt but for the most part he's wasted it apart from that run of form last season. Often petulant and childish on the pitch, doesn't work hard either. Maybe he just needs a manager or a particular set of conditions to get him going but that's not the sort of player I'd want.

Ten Hag does seem like a proper failure at man management though. It's a brilliant circus to watch :lol:  I'm a bit concerned it'll help the club decide they need to get rid of him. 

47 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

He's got talent no doubt but for the most part he's wasted it apart from that run of form last season. Often petulant and childish on the pitch, doesn't work hard either. Maybe he just needs a manager or a particular set of conditions to get him going but that's not the sort of player I'd want.

Ten Hag does seem like a proper failure at man management though. It's a brilliant circus to watch :lol:  I'm a bit concerned it'll help the club decide they need to get rid of him. 

They'll do the thing though, its all purely reactionary with no plan so they had no squad discipline and Ronaldo was running things as he saw fit, then they brought in ten hag who drummed him and sancho out in the end.

But they're still not good enough and all the players seem miserable so they'll bin Ten hag and bring in someone who lets them get away with murder and plays totally different football and they'll probably be crap too.

• Like 2

Aye it probably needs a long term project when a manager they back is given enough time to ship out the rubbish and get hungry players in, change the whole outlook of the dressing room. It's a hell of a ask though because it will need time and patience even if they manage to find the right man for the job. 

6 hours ago, Andrew said:

They'll do the thing though, its all purely reactionary with no plan so they had no squad discipline and Ronaldo was running things as he saw fit, then they brought in ten hag who drummed him and sancho out in the end.

But they're still not good enough and all the players seem miserable so they'll bin Ten hag and bring in someone who lets them get away with murder and plays totally different football and they'll probably be crap too.

The old Souness plan then :smile:

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He seemed to be outwith the usual footballer mould when he was holding the government to account over free school meals. Seems to be slipping into daft decisions recently though 

I'd be calling in sick if I had been out at a Club in the early hours. :smile:

If I can't get to see NUFC at SJP then I'm absolutely fucked if I'm going to watch England and half the dull cunts who follow them home and away, fuck that. I remember being at Newcastle airport around the day after one of the times they played up here around late 90s? I'm not like them and never will be. See also being on holiday when there's a tournament on and they're playing. Shit patter, false bravado, jingoistic bollocks but mainly crack that would make an onion cry. So, err, aye.... I'll not be there. :lol:

43 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

If I can't get to see NUFC at SJP then I'm absolutely fucked if I'm going to watch England and half the dull cunts who follow them home and away, fuck that. I remember being at Newcastle airport around the day after one of the times they played up here around late 90s? I'm not like them and never will be. See also being on holiday when there's a tournament on and they're playing. Shit patter, false bravado, jingoistic bollocks but mainly crack that would make an onion cry. So, err, aye.... I'll not be there. :lol:

Incoming in 3......2......1......