Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

58 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he was absolutely rank for us. As bad as rivière 

He was much better than Riviere. (Not a high bar but still).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye it's him then. 

Good on him for fucking em off. 

Morale is through the floor. 

Apparently on of Jimmy's first acts was to send an email round telling all the departments that they're in a shit state and need to sort it out. 

He said that after monitoring it was noticed that emails were down 25% on Fridays, so that must mean the staff are 25% less productive on a Friday. 

According to this lad, plenty of people are 'looking for new opportunities'.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Morale is through the floor. 

Apparently on of Jimmy's first acts was to send an email round telling all the departments that they're in a shit state and need to sort it out. 

He said that after monitoring it was noticed that emails were down 25% on Fridays, so that must mean the staff are 25% less productive on a Friday. 

According to this lad, plenty of people are 'looking for new opportunities'.

How to motivate people. 

Brailsford will have had a hand in this too. From what I've heard about him he's an utter cunt too. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mental that this fucker had just won La Liga, has scored 15 goals for Real Madrid this season and might lift the Champions League next :lol:

Not to mention winning the Nations League with Spain too. He's up there with Danny Simpson winning the league

IMG_1027.thumb.jpeg.993de6440d6b9fdb908c360a6a50cd5e.jpeg

I like a redemption story. I think he was obviously a good player but devoid of confidence. Although I think a lot of that was down to his game not being suited at all to the premier league, especially as a target man. I once saw him in Gateshead Tesco of all places and he’s a physically imposing bloke. Despite that he was quite easily bullied by PL centre backs 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I once saw him in Gateshead Tesco of all places 

That'll explain why he was never near the ball in the box 🙂 

Aye Paqueta will most likely be off, Kudus will have another year with them though I reckon as he only arrived last summer and he won't be going for enough of a profit yet.

Not sure Lopetegui is going to be much of what they need really, I wouldn't want him here. 

He was very good at Seville… less good at Real and with Spain but West Ham are hardly likely to be able to attract a coach from the level above… he did pretty well at Wolves, they looked fucked but they ended up 13th or something?..

On 04/05/2024 at 23:47, Howmanheyman said:

He was much better than Riviere. (Not a high bar but still).

I remember them both being absolute donkeys. One of a series of under par budget strikers signed in the later stage of the Ashley era - along with de Jong, Doumbia, Slimani and probably a few others I forget - until Wilson bucked the trend.

I’m staggered that he’s ended up having a good career based on what he did for us. just checked his stats and he managed 6 goals for us from 46 appearances over two seasons. I’m surprised it was that many. The one goal he did score that stays with me was a shocking mis-kick. Against Liverpool I want to say? 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

He was very good at Seville… less good at Real and with Spain but West Ham are hardly likely to be able to attract a coach from the level above… he did pretty well at Wolves, they looked fucked but they ended up 13th or something?..

Managed to coach Porto, Spain and Real Madrid and was sacked from all 3 without winning a trophy. Got Wolves to 13th. I'm not overly worried 

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I remember them both being absolute donkeys. One of a series of under par budget strikers signed in the later stage of the Ashley era - along with de Jong, Doumbia, Slimani and probably a few others I forget - until Wilson bucked the trend.

I’m staggered that he’s ended up having a good career based on what he did for us. just checked his stats and he managed 6 goals for us from 46 appearances over two seasons. I’m surprised it was that many. The one goal he did score that stays with me was a shocking mis-kick. Against Liverpool I want to say? 

Thought they didn't count. 🙂 

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Managed to coach Porto, Spain and Real Madrid and was sacked from all 3 without winning a trophy. Got Wolves to 13th. I'm not overly worried 

People letting the good be the enemy of the excellent is illogical but will never go away :) 

Is Thomas Tuchel likely to roll up in Stratford then? … would West Ham be mad to appoint Kieran McKenna?… no one gets a fuckin chance do they? We appointed someone who’d never finished above 10th in the premier league… I wasn’t keen (I thought Emery would’ve been great and was disappointed when he turned us down) but it’s not been too shabby has it? 

• Like 1

Saying Howe hadn’t finished above 10th slightly diminishes his insane achievements with Bournemouth, like. Think he was always going to get a chance at a bigger club but he was clearly waiting for the right opportunity

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I think Rafa would've been over the moon with what he contributed, he was basically left up shit creek without a paddle nor a striker with £5m to spend, (probably included wages as well!) Rafa knew we were in trouble so does what he can and gets him from Stoke reserves and has the kid grafting his bollocks off so the limited side he had could keep in the game and defend from the front whilst the likes of Neville saying Rafa would get football done away with as we managed to avoid getting hidings from clubs who could spend at will. He definitely wasn't a great striker but he was significantly better than Riviere is my point although he the Frenchman never had a savvy manager like joselu did to be fair to him. Anyway, we've had a lot worse than Joselu is my main point. We had about half a season with only him up front iirc as I'm sure Rondon was injured and Gayle was sent to West Bromwich on loan.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Saying Howe hadn’t finished above 10th slightly diminishes his insane achievements with Bournemouth, like. Think he was always going to get a chance at a bigger club but he was clearly waiting for the right opportunity

And after he’s left Newcastle he’ll continue to get chances at big clubs . So has Lopetegui after his achievements at Seville. That’s how it works. I think he’s a decent appointment for West Ham. 

54 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye but if he'd failed at Madrid and Spain it would have

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

People letting the good be the enemy of the excellent is illogical but will never go away :) 

Is Thomas Tuchel likely to roll up in Stratford then? … would West Ham be mad to appoint Kieran McKenna?… no one gets a fuckin chance do they? We appointed someone who’d never finished above 10th in the premier league… I wasn’t keen (I thought Emery would’ve been great and was disappointed when he turned us down) but it’s not been too shabby has it? 

Apples and oranges. Howe got Bournemouth playing their best football in their modern history. Lopetegui got Real Madrid playing their worst. Managed them for 14 games and had a win percentage of 42% before getting binned off at great cost 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apples and oranges. Howe got Bournemouth playing their best football in their modern history. Lopetegui got Real Madrid playing their worst. Managed them for 14 games and had a win percentage of 42% before getting binned off at great cost 

And you’re comparing his appointment at Real Madrid with his appointment at West Ham :lol: he’s a good appointment… at West Ham…

Win percentage at wolves was 37%

Personally think West Ham have done Moyes a disservice. He's brought them stability, top half finishes and a European trophy. They've pretty much always been at a point of wanting him out despite him doing a decent job of it. Hope they struggle next season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Personally think West Ham have done Moyes a disservice. He's brought them stability, top half finishes and a European trophy. They've pretty much always been at a point of wanting him out despite him doing a decent job of it. Hope they struggle next season. 

Aye, on paper he has done well but I think his negativity grates. They had us by the balls and he decided to sit back. It must be frustrating when you have  kudus-Paqueta-Bowen who can kill games off . That’s a top 6 attacking midfield. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Aye, after taking over with them second from bottom and two wins from 14 matches. He performed a miracle there.