Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

33 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye terrifying news, hopefully he recovers

I lost my “first love” to an aneurysm- totally out of the blue, fit as a lop, then bang…gone at 40yrs old
Left three young daughters without a mother, her partner was utterly blindsided. 

Fucking terrifying things

• Sad 5

That’s what happened to my brother, 30 years old getting ready for a night out and collapsed. Massive brain damage.

One of the most terrifying things in the world imo

• Sad 7

Ok, am either having an episode, this is very poorly written so I don’t really understand it or it’s bullshit. It appears to be saying there was at least one player at Man Utd in Nov 86 when Ferguson took over that was at Man Utd when they were relegated in 1974?.. 

IMG_2280.thumb.jpeg.e2bc6b2e9a04d093dd4f1445e970bffe.jpeg

Here’s the squad, the oldest is Kevin Moran at 31 who signed in 1978….

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/kader/verein/985/saison_id/1986

Does it then suggest or imply that this player must’ve been signed by Busby? 🤔

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The answer is Arthur Albiston btw.

:good:

Yep, he joined in 1974 and left in 1988 so definitely links the two eras but Tommy Docherty signed him. The last time Busby was manager appears to be at the end of 70/71… unless they’re including his time as director/president?..

IMG_2281.thumb.jpeg.4a9cef205acb5ff80ebca56387a59f4d.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They weren't a Ferguson player until he managed them anyway, so the entire construct is bollocks. Not to mention the fact it appears they've got their dates wrong.

I think it’s just really poorly written by the “senior football correspondent” Richard Jolly. And not edited before it went live. Fuckin shoddy as fuck. 

On 09/07/2023 at 14:11, Isegrim said:

Whilst it was a freakish score, if you’d told anyone at the time who didn’t see the game, but told them the score, I bet you’d get 1 or 2 people out if 50 who’d have thought Brazil were the winners. That Brazil team was fucking shite. Which is in no way meant as a dig at that German side. I was genuinely pleased for them 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 12:56, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

They should be pleased. Because it being against us means they can watch it on Sky 👍🏻

• Haha 2

On 12/07/2023 at 06:41, Meenzer said:

That 18-minute period in the first half is funnier than any TV comedy I've seen. Even the Mindy Project.

But not as funny as the first 21 minutes against Spurs at St James*

* + es as many times as you see fit

• Haha 3