Freddy Shepherd

Tom

Also moaned about the terrible reception he got at SJP in '11. "One greedy bastard", I believe it was. It hurt his feelings, how awful of us to criticize someone who tried so hard in all fifty or so appearances he made over 4 years. 

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Ah, thanks :lol: weird to consider how high his opinion of himself is tbh. Apart from his very early days I don't remember him being -that- good.

The other amusing thing is he made the finish really difficult because of his first touch. Re: Owen while I think he was probably a good pro (mainly because he's so fucking boring) he strikes me as someone who didn't work at aspects of his game like he should have, due to him having pace to burn and relying on that so much. Throughout his career his touch wasn't great (especially for a player of his profile - he won the Ballon D'or the season Liverpool did that cup treble iirc) and his left foot was weak too. Also heard KK fell out with him at England because he felt his workrate was nothing like it was when he first burst onto the scene.

When you put Owen up against other good English strikers his attitude and workrate (or at least application of his ability) is shocking in comparison. 

When Shearer's pace went he became a different kind of striker, so too did Lineker, Sheringham, Rooney, Defoe and I'm convinced when Kane loses what moderate pace he has he'll mutate into more of a collaborative player as well.

Owen's just a selfish prick and would be happy enough if the team lost 3-1, but he got his goal.

All hearsay I know, but someone I know who works for BT Sport said Owen is among the worst to work with. When he sat near her at a team dinner once, his first words to her were "I bet your boyfriend does you up the arse?" Also frequently boasts about the number of affairs he's had that his wife hasn't found out about apparently.

1 hour ago, rogerbarton said:

All hearsay I know, but someone I know who works for BT Sport said Owen is among the worst to work with. When he sat near her at a team dinner once, his first words to her were "I bet your boyfriend does you up the arse?" Also frequently boasts about the number of affairs he's had that his wife hasn't found out about apparently.

:lol::lol: 

2 hours ago, rogerbarton said:

He's a gambler as well !  Tosser 

4 hours ago, rogerbarton said:

Interesting ice breaker 

Interesting old article 

http://www.squawka.com/news/ex-newcastle-chairman-freddie-shepherd-picks-michael-owen-as-his-worst-ever-signing/911414#EL1mDP6DztTAwDVZ.97

Shepherd told the Independent: “The worst [buy]? Owen. It never worked out. Was the boat pushed out too far with that transfer? Yeah, I think so.”