Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

BRB, off to get a trolley full of drink.

He took an unbelievable one-handed running catch from behind the boundary when he was the MC / announcer during Paul Collingwood’s Newcastle v Sunderland T/20 testimonial match. 

• Like 1

My guess is that they've told SA they need to clamp down on piracy which is why we've seen them do what they've done this week. How much they have to do to satisfy the PL I don't know.

I was thinking about this today and is there a slight possibility that it's actually fat Mike's request that the announcement is held off until we either get knocked out of the FA cup or in his stupid fucking mind, we actually win it???

He would see it as the ultimate fuck you to the fans if we finally won something and it was under his ownership.

I really don't think Ashley has ever cared about the fans enough to be spiteful. He'll just see the money and want out. The liquidity will be of benefit to him.

I'm finding it pretty encouraging that he's mostly been totally quiet on this tbh. That US buyer aside, he clearly has no cards to play until the PL make this decision.

On that note, surely now is the time for them to do so. Announce it today in the hangover of Liverpool winning the league. If they don't do that, then I can only assume that there is actually some manner of process still in play and this isn't actually the stage managed approval process that it has occasionally looked like.

Edited by Rayvin

My uncle once seen Wyn Davies in the Turkish baths at Gateshead. He was absolutely black & blue with horrible bruises everywhere. “Ah, it was terrible, terrible” - Uncle.

He thought “there’s no chance he’ll be playing against Man City on Saturday”.

Obviously he played. 

Alan Foggon used to get into Daisy Hill club on the outskirts of sacriston during his playing days.

”He’s bad for the drink that lad” they’d say. However he was only ever seen drinking orange squash. 

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I made a sandwich for Philippe Albert and Peter Beardsley once. 

Bacon and Brie for the big lad, sausage and egg for Quasi. :lol:

Beat that. 

Also used to make meals for Ray Kennedy who was a regular at a bistro I worked at on Dean St. 

Top bloke who was always up for a chat after we’d finished cooking. 

Courtesy of @JawD giving me a hotel room where the players were staying during Stevie Harper’s testimonial - a friend an I,  both dressed quite smartly, walked straight into the private section of the hotel where the AC Milan players were eating. 

We sat down in the middle of them and enjoyed a free bar, a free meal and then got our pictures taken with the players.

Luckily my friend speaks fluent Italian, I was fucking mortal.

Nobody said anything :lol: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I used to vaguely know Wes Saunders.  Was in a  pub in Boldon Colliery after a game one Saturday and I said to him pretty quiet game  today Wes. He pulled his shirt up and he looked like hed been beaten with a club. Same with his legs. It was brutal

Did you notice that your gloves were missing once you got home :D

• Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official