Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

He's deleted whatever the original tweet was, what happened? Looks like cancel culture in full swing, love to see it ;) 

He said Greenwood would fit in well with Newcastle new owners. People also found a frw tweets of him joking about rape ages ago. 

Obviously a full on cunt. I mean that's obvious with that tache

I fucking hate twitter and all the shite that comes with it, not least the dumbing down and social medification of journalism, but plums like the one above getting their comeuppance is pretty satisfying. Having said that I'd rather people didn't lose their jobs so readily, where an apology and perhaps a suspension would be sufficient.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Daft cunt, no sympathy. 

Wants the owners of NUFC, who he's compared to Greenwood, (and not for his footballing abilities) to condemn the supporters who grassed him up for his tweet comparing them to Greenwood. Good luck with that. :lol: I'm not sure if he sees a bit of a conflict of interest here with huge dollops of hypocrisy? 

• Haha 4

I thought it was a bit shite when I saw people tweeting his employers trying to get him sacked. Especially after he'd already deleted the tweet. I mean that's a bloke out of work now cos he tweeted something stupid which is pretty dismal. 

Asking the club owners to condemn the fans, after he basically suggested the owners are big fans of rape, is an odd one though. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I thought it was a bit shite when I saw people tweeting his employers trying to get him sacked. Especially after he'd already deleted the tweet. I mean that's a bloke out of work now cos he tweeted something stupid which is pretty dismal. 

Asking the club owners to condemn the fans, after he basically suggested the owners are big fans of rape, is an odd one though. 

A possible pissed up Tweet gone wrong. I mean he does come across as a cunt. But he could have a young family etc. 

The bloke was “News Editor” for a media and marketing company- if he did’t already know that tweeting jokes about rapists is  going to get you fired, then he should maybe rethink his career. 
And, luckily for him, he’s now the opportunity to do so. 

He’s also at Tory levels of “sorry not sorry” 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah, that’s how I felt when I saw it at first but he’s been a prime bellend right back so hasn’t covered himself in glory. From what I gathered when people were going through his tweets he’s made similar tweets in the past regarding that topic. 

The fact he’s asking for NUFC ownership to ‘take action’ after accusing them of being rapists is lunacy. The NUFC probably did end up going further than needed but he made that rod for his own back with a tweet that is not only immensely insensitive to the victim, belittles the incident itself, but is also imo a bit racist - if you are going to accuse our owners of things at least link them to things they have done/are accused of doing, don’t just call them rapists. 

• Like 5

Tory levels of "owning his mistakes" as well since he seems to want to blame the people he was putting down for his comeuppance.

I do agree that the idea of a man losing his job over a tweet sounds ludicrous, but when you're in the job he was in, and you have that little blue checkmark you become more responsible for how you use your platform and he has been bitten by it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I haven't seen anything from Dan Roan about Sports washing with cycling have you?  Currently the Saudi tour is on.  But not a peep.

:lol: No one expects Cycling to be arbiters of morals though, they’re too busy pumping the riders full of steroids and lying about it. 

• Haha 3

Have reflected and agree with the more nuanced take. Hard to feel sorry for him, especially as a blue checkmark as Andrew says. But also idk, at some point people stop being extensions of the company they work for. Or at least they should. 

I've definitely posted stuff on here which, if someone brought it up with my employer, probably wouldn't go down too great. And I'm not the only one. ;)

That's where I'm coming from with it. 

The lad seems like a total dick, but he doesn't deserve to be looking for a new job cos of a tweet. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Tory levels of "owning his mistakes" as well since he seems to want to blame the people he was putting down for his comeuppance.

I do agree that the idea of a man losing his job over a tweet sounds ludicrous, but when you're in the job he was in, and you have that little blue checkmark you become more responsible for how you use your platform and he has been bitten by it.

Just to add, if you look at the time of the offending tweet, there’s a very good chance he was at work when he posted it. 
Which just compounds his idiocy and gives his employer clear grounds for pedalling him, if he hadn’t “chosen” to resign. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Podcast I was watching reckon it’s that Dan Ashworth who is coming in as Director of football and that basically he wanted to see Brighton through the window before joining.

I hope this is right and that it happens pretty soon. Need the hierarchy in place for the summer window so we can get our fucking spend on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

He said Greenwood would fit in well with Newcastle new owners. People also found a frw tweets of him joking about rape ages ago. 

Obviously a full on cunt. I mean that's obvious with that tache

Yeah, he does look like a cunt tbf 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Just to add, if you look at the time of the offending tweet, there’s a very good chance he was at work when he posted it. 
Which just compounds his idiocy and gives his employer clear grounds for pedalling him, if he hadn’t “chosen” to resign. 

I post shit on here DURING MEETINGS which could get me sacked. :lol:

• Haha 5