Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

7 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Not to burst everyone’s bubble but sales of shares don’t impact P&L, so won’t be a mechanism for getting round FFP. I’d say it’s a way of getting cash into the club but if that was the case they could just give it to the club, since in either case it wouldn’t change FFP. Honestly not entirely sure what they’re doing here tbh. 

I was tempted to explain that myself but didn’t want to face the wrath of the armchair accountants. It’s basically a way of introducing money into the company without creating debt on the balance sheet. As you say, it doesn’t change our position on FFP.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

I was tempted to explain that myself but didn’t want to face the wrath of the armchair accountants. It’s basically a way of introducing money into the company without creating debt on the balance sheet. As you say, it doesn’t change our position on FFP.

Yeah that makes sense. I know they’d injected cash into the club early in their ownership and was interested in the manner they did it, and would continue to do it. 

This is exactly the sort of high octane chat this board always needed. Glad to see it’s been met with the enthusiasm my accounting chat is usually met with. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Oh well it was nice whilst it lasted :lol: 

:lol: I was enjoying the craic about it, just thought I’d put my glasses on and note it just so people weren’t wondering why they weren’t doing it to get around FFP in future. My mates had all been texting me the same, definitely felt like the fun police yesterday. I’ve little to no doubt they have a ton of ways to get around FFP in any case. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Yeah that makes sense. I know they’d injected cash into the club early in their ownership and was interested in the manner they did it, and would continue to do it. 

This is exactly the sort of high octane chat this board always needed. Glad to see it’s been met with the enthusiasm my accounting chat is usually met with. 

In short, 'football finance expert, Kieran Maguire' isn't much of a football finance expert then? :lol:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

In short, 'football finance expert, Kieran Maguire' isn't much of a football finance expert then? :lol:

:lol: I’m not too familiar with his stuff tbh. It looks like he’s a finance professor so he could also be farming for likes/interactions on his Twitter as he knows how the transaction will look to people. 

Just now, Howay said:

:lol: I’m not too familiar with his stuff tbh. It looks like he’s a finance professor so he could also be farming for likes/interactions on his Twitter as he knows how the transaction will look to people. 

His book is quite good tbh.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Craig said:

I didn’t see any reference to FFP in his initial tweet but looking into what he’s said to the Chronicle basically the owners can put in £90m via share equity over a three year period and that money can be spent without contributing to FFP restrictions.

So don’t listen to that Howay knacker, I always knew he was talking out of his arse. ;) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I didn’t see any reference to FFP in his initial tweet but looking into what he’s said to the Chronicle basically the owners can put in £90m via share equity over a three year period and that money can be spent without contributing to FFP restrictions.

So don’t listen to that Howay knacker, I always knew he was talking out of his arse. ;) 

Announce M'Bappe! :lol:

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, ewerk said:

:lol: Interesting, I thought FFP was driven purely off the P&L then adjusted to remove investment into things like infrastructure. I had assumed it was them putting cash back in for Bruno, glad to be wrong, they’re clearly finding the loopholes in the rules which is great as it’s really backing up other evidence to what’s coming in future. 

FFP is an even bigger joke than I originally thought :lol:

@Tom get excited again after I (and ewerk 😉) went into buzz killington mode. Means this lot plan on spending fucking shit loads :lol: since we could already spend a lot anyway but they’re utilizing other means to spunk even more on players as well! 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, ewerk said:

tenor.gif

FROM THE MAN THAT COULDN'T HACK IT IN THE NUMBERS WORLD. 

• Haha 4