Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

20 minutes ago, Craig said:

I know he was MD rather than CEO, but it’s effectively replacing Charnley isn’t it?

Nobody was a marked improvement on Charnely tbf 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

This guy is an award winner, he has been named the MLS Executive of the Year on two occasions. He was also named World Football Summit Executive of the Year in 2019. 

Eales said: “Newcastle United is both a giant of a club, and the heartbeat of its community. Every time I have visited St James’ Park, I’ve been overwhelmed by the passion of the fans.

“This is a club with an amazingly rich heritage, and I am delighted to be joining for this new chapter in its long history.

“I am grateful for the opportunity, and look forward to working with the rest of the team to help this storied club fulfil its potential.”

The club’s investment group, comprising PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media, said: “We are delighted to announce Darren Eales as the club’s new CEO. He is an exceptional leader and is a great fit for Newcastle United.

“We have conducted an exhaustive recruitment process to ensure we identified and secured the right individual for the CEO position, and we are confident we have found that person in Darren.

“He has a deep understanding of the football industry and what it takes to achieve growth and success, and he will be a key member of the club’s leadership team as we look to deliver on the club’s potential on and off the pitch.”

Ashworth and Eales, intelligent people who have an excellent understanding of the football world and the contacts to match. Slight bit of a step up from Penfold and Kinnear. 

After reading that.....

30536817640bc615826052270c901218_w200.gif.b5a17f54a4076bc93546c48e08600ba5.gif

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He seems impressive but it’s still the MLfuckingS.

:lol: Aye, to be fair I think if it was the playing side he was more responsible for I’d be more hesitant but as he’s likely more the commercial side and as AH mentioned Atlanta bring in loads (for an MLS team), that’ll transfer better. 

51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tbh we've been absolutely bollocks commercially for 14 years. In that respect he should clean up!

Yes, but Fat Mike was close to paying for the advertising, so he says.

They've been appointing loads of lawyers/solicitors. So hopefully it's in preparation for any bullshit the premier league want to try.

I think I'll wait for Pearson to do a summary. 

"Alright guys. Bit of sumfin new for duh channuw today. *smash cut to Adam in a barristers wig and Newcastle home shirt*. 'ORDER!' Guys before you start finkin that I brought my gran to Lisbon wiv me. Don't worry it's still me, ADAM. *knocks wig off* Been listenin to a leguw podcast today while I've been by the pool in my 5 star hotel in the centre of Lisbon. And before you start thinking 'who does this guy fink he is, stick to the football', don't worry guys I'll still be bringing you all the usuaw big match build up and Newcastle United coverage that you've come to expect from the channuw, but first up let's get into some leguw chat wiv my main man Nick Di Marco and his mate Mike Bloff QC. Dunno wot that stands for, maybe Quite Cool or sumfin cos let me tell you guys wot we're about to get in to is deffintly pretty cool stuff and sum great new content for the channuw. Don't forget guys if you like what you hear, smash that like button and subscribe for more great content like this. But wivout furver ado guys, let's get into it wiv some leguw chat."

Edited by Gemmill
  • Haha 5

Borrowing against future ticket sales should always be considered a risky strategy, but I think it's a calculated risk when you consider the numbers queuing up to buy match tickets. 

• Like 2

Well we're stuck with fun88 for another season, (thanks to Michael Ashley, another legacy of great NUFC business acumen that many a pundit waxed lyrical about), so you could only imagine it's a bridging loan to boost the side till more lucrative sponsorships can be agreed and keep the legal side on board, (telling we have a new CEO and a new club lawyer).  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well we're stuck with fun88 for another season, (thanks to Michael Ashley, another legacy of great NUFC business acumen that many a pundit waxed lyrical about), so you could only imagine it's a bridging loan to boost the side till more lucrative sponsorships can be agreed and keep the legal side on board, (telling we have a new CEO and a new club lawyer).  

I think that's precisely what it is. Short term bridge to take us to that next level in terms of investment. 

• Like 2