Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

spot on.

I hated having my first season ticket.

same with away games, if you had a spur of the moment decision on friday night to go to blackburn, you'd get up on saturday morning, possibly a bit worse for the wear and pack out the back of luton bedford with loons and beer and off you'd go.

the good old days!  :)

For some insane reason, probably the novelty of it, I got a season ticket in the Milburn stand in 1991 under Ossie then KK as my granny had saved £200 for me and I only needed another £20 to get a posh seat at 18. Worst thing I ever did, I fucking hated being there on my Todd surrounded by some right fucking knobs, injured players and hangers on. I was that skint I used to sell it on most games and either go in the Gallowgate with my mates or have a few pints instead if nobody went.

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

Don't worry lads I can periscope from the East stand touchline for you all, plebs. As long as you don't complain about me calling the Linesman "What's the point in you" for 70 minutes of the 90

200.gif

i was in the east stand (my first time ever) for the arsenal game. the atmosphere was surprisingly raucous  - it always seemed like the quietest part of the ground to me - but there was some old bloke a few rows behind, who kept shouting at me to sit down every time i got off my seat when we attacked.  that wasn't you, was it? 

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i was in the east stand (my first time ever) for the arsenal game. the atmosphere was surprisingly raucous  - it always seemed like the quietest part of the ground to me - but there was some old bloke a few rows behind, who kept shouting at me to sit down every time i got off my seat when we attacked.  that wasn't you, was it? 

No I've a front row seat, I don't sit with the plebs at the back.  

Seriously tho, i was gutted as I chucked my season ticket the year before last in protest - then couldn't buy it back - my mates sit at the gallowgate behind the goal and I have to walk over every half time now. 

But, the atmosphere improved massively once Bruce went , it was a definite catalyst and I don't regret the move now - but yes, some guy on the front row next to me complained about me leaning forward at corners and actually pushed me back with his forearm at one point - he learn't not to, and thankfully wasn't a season ticket holder! I wasn't looking forward to a year of that every bloody game!

I love being able to directly shout at the lino and players tho, so I'll stick in my leaky roof / sun in your eyes seat .

Edited by scoobos

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You could get a box then too and invite all of us. 

BTW it will be more than a little bit suspicious if tory boy and his mates somehow find themselves as part of the chosen 1,000 who get these tickets. I'M WATCHING YOU HURST. 

Are you suggesting that the leading members of the trust had all knocked it in the head before lockdown? 

7 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

More important to look the part than be the part. Saying that, the Tories can’t even do that these days so he fits right in.

The fume from people who packed in years ago who now think they should have priority btw :lol: No matter what powerful message you thought you were sending, the result is the same. You gave up your ticket, get in the queue, you’re not special

is there people pissed off who packed it in years ago?

my biggest problem with the way the club are doing this isn't so much the randomness of whether you're lucky enough that your ip address is one of the first 1000 to connect to their website at 10am amongst the tens of thousands who'll be queueing up before hand to get on there, because at the end of the day a lottery is probably the best way forward.

however, the above method probably eliminates a shit load of people whose work doesn't give them access or the time to spend hours refreshing the Internet.

should've been a postal ballot.

Edited by thebrokendoll