Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

See Carragher was speaking nonsense about the potential takeover. He reckons that regardless of how much money we have backing us up we'll struggle to even break into the top six. So Leicester can come from nowhere to win the league, which granted is never likely to happen again, but they are now currently on course to finish top four for the second time, but that is supposedly close to impossible for Newcastle. Look it's going to take a fair few seasons to build ourselves up again, but if the right people in terms of football director, commercial executives, board members, manager etc are put in place there's no reason we can't continually grow. Maybe we can't spend like Man City did and Chelsea did when Abramovic first came in, but depending on how loose they are going to be with FFP rules post Covid, it might not take us that long to bring in the right type of players. Enough money and the right manager with a good rep behind him to attract players is half the battle. In any case I'd like to see us built up with up and coming players like the Dortmund and or Leipzig model. Maybe I am being a bit naive, but then again maybe Carragher just doesn't want more competition for Liverpool.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

wouldn't mind being the filling in that sandwich. who is the other one? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Looks like her coke dealer ;)

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Her eyes are fucking mental like. Looks proper on the gear.

3wwdrd.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

See Carragher was speaking nonsense about the potential takeover. He reckons that regardless of how much money we have backing us up we'll struggle to even break into the top six. So Leicester can come from nowhere to win the league, which granted is never likely to happen again, but they are now currently on course to finish top four for the second time, but that is supposedly close to impossible for Newcastle. Look it's going to take a fair few seasons to build ourselves up again, but if the right people in terms of football director, commercial executives, board members, manager etc are put in place there's no reason we can't continually grow. Maybe we can't spend like Man City did and Chelsea did when Abramovic first came in, but depending on how loose they are going to be with FFP rules post Covid, it might not take us that long to bring in the right type of players. Enough money and the right manager with a good rep behind him to attract players is half the battle. In any case I'd like to see us built up with up and coming players like the Dortmund and or Leipzig model. Maybe I am being a bit naive, but then again maybe Carragher just doesn't want more competition for Liverpool.   

Like anyone listens to that silly cunt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He's just doing his job man, talking shite and getting paid for it. Like most pundits tbh.

And the problem is that "edgy" and or controversial opinions are incentivised in this click bait nightmare we're living in. Never has it been more profitable to be a moronic bloat, i.e the entire Talksport presenting staff.

• Like 3

Independent saying the fit and proper tests could be completed as soon as some time next week, maybe as some have suggested they've been going on for at least a week already. And that the sale could be fully completed by the end of April. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-takeover-saudi-arabia-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley-epl-a9469211.html

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Independent saying the fit and proper tests could be completed as soon as some time next week, maybe as some have suggested they've been going on for at least a week already. And that the sale could be fully completed by the end of April. https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-united-takeover-saudi-arabia-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley-epl-a9469211.html

Squeaky bum time. 

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Steve McClaren - Rafa Benitez - Steve Bruce - Rafa Benitez has to be the most mental sequence of managers I think it’s possible to achieve. Could get whiplash from the differences in ability.

:lol:
Go back three more managers and your head will snap clean off. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I think the last sentence is the crux of it. We are going to get an absolute pasting off the press as worry sets in that the media darlings may have another contender for their ‘top six’, fully expect it to become a ‘top seven’ of this lot spend and progress as we hope as they’ll not want to state any of their favorites to not be part of the elite group. 

I can see it taking a while regardless of backing, and it’ll likely be a targeting of young high potential players to grow the club, then use increased fund availability and growing standing to hold onto them. I think the Leipzig reference is a good one, with the additional bonus of being able to spend more than them due to the higher income of PL sides. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Independent says it should be done by the end of April and Keith Downie reckons it’s nailed on that they’ve approached Benitez to come back.

its fucking happening :lol: 

it's on, for sure

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's on, for sure

:lol: Remember how fucking hopeless it all felt when the rumoured takeovers fell through, and Rafa left to go to China. I genuinely don’t know how I’m going to feel if this all goes through and in walks Benitez with wads of dosh backing him to sign who he wants and do a complete overhaul of our facilities. Fucking hell man we might actually be rid of Mike Ashley! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Remember how fucking hopeless it all felt when the rumoured takeovers fell through, and Rafa left to go to China. I genuinely don’t know how I’m going to feel if this all goes through and in walks Benitez with wads of dosh backing him to sign who he wants and do a complete overhaul of our facilities. Fucking hell man we might actually be rid of Mike Ashley! 

i've been quietly confident that ashley finally wanted out since the turn of the year. the pandemic has just forced his hands and he is exiting sooner than he might have done - and not on his terms. Which is nice 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think the last sentence is the crux of it. We are going to get an absolute pasting off the press as worry sets in that the media darlings may have another contender for their ‘top six’, fully expect it to become a ‘top seven’ of this lot spend and progress as we hope as they’ll not want to state any of their favorites to not be part of the elite group. 

I can see it taking a while regardless of backing, and it’ll likely be a targeting of young high potential players to grow the club, then use increased fund availability and growing standing to hold onto them. I think the Leipzig reference is a good one, with the additional bonus of being able to spend more than them due to the higher income of PL sides. 

If Man U or Liverpool ended up struggling to keep out of the bottom three clubs there'd be a 'top 17'. 

• Haha 2

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official