The Mighty Hog

Newcastle United: Mike Ashley puts Premier League club up for sale

Notice how it's the top 6 now? 

Used to be the top 4 when the PL started  then they were forced to include Man City and maybe us when we were good and Liverpool were shit then Tottenham. They're now in denial about Leicester. 

Also it gets extended whenever Man Utd finish lower. 

Doesn't enter their tiny brains that having 8 or 10 genuinely good teams would make it a lot more interesting. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry like but that's utter fucking tripe from Glendenning. Working for a business owned by Saudis and therefore being paid by them is entirely comparable to supporting a club owned by them. No one who gets paid by the Saudis is in any "moral" position to say shit to us. Fucking losers man.

No one who votes for any government that sells weapons to the Saudis is in any moral position to say shit to us either, so there goes half the country. I vaguely suspect new Labour might have done it too in which case that's the other half of the country also.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, NJS said:

Used to be the top 4 when the PL started  then they were forced to include Man City and maybe us when we were good and Liverpool were shit then Tottenham. They're now in denial about Leicester. 

Doesn't enter their tiny brains that having 8 or 10 genuinely good teams would make it a lot more interesting. 

That's a lot of fingers for some of them to count.

Plus the more top rated teams you have the harder it becomes for them to be biased towards them all.

1 hour ago, NJS said:

It would be so nice pissing on everybody’s parade and actually being properly good :lol: 

Imagine that. Turning up to their media darlings and battering them with thousands of pissed geordies taking the piss.

• Haha 1

This takeover bid seems so different than others that have been shrouded in secrecy. Its not that long ago were Ashley would throw his toys out the pram if anything was leaked to the media regarding any potential takeover. Yet this time it's almost being heralded in with a fanfare. The Daily Star are running with a story that Benitez has been offered the managers job. They say he's been given the freedom to bring in a football director and  other powers. Essentially he'll be given a free rein. Please let this happen it's going to be brilliant. 

• Like 1

This man back at Newcastle with a free rein & an open cheque book. It's the stuff of dreams 

download (9).jpeg

• Like 1

I stated my feelings on this last time round in January and they haven't changed. I don't want NUFC to be owned by the Saudis. I despise them and would hate for our club to be involved in their plans to legitimize their medieval regime in a post-oil world. 

All of that said, if this is happening, it's out of my hands. Just like it was when Ashley bought us. We're as powerless against this as we were any of the myriad times we protested Ashley's decisions. And so if I've got no say, and I don't, then I'm going to fucking enjoy being a real club again, no matter who's signing the cheques. Having a real manager again instead of a succession of bargain-basement bozos. Investing significant funds into the first-team squad. Having a serious tilt at Europe again. Getting some relief after thirteen (fuck me) pretty fucking barren years. Scrubbing every trace of Ashley's low-rent sportswear empire from SJP. 

So aye, bring on the Saudis. Even if they only spend enough to make us a going concern again, that'd be enough. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I wonder will these sanctimonious journalists be giving up their Dubai apartments and or holidays any time soon.

:lol:
No. 

Given that we only really need a win or two, would you rather Bruce was sacked straight away, or just give him the last few game of this season. I've wasn't a fan of Bruce before he came and my opinion hasn't really changed that much, but in fairness if we were in the bottom three right now this takeover likely wouldn't be happening, fingers crossed. So perhaps if only just to let us get our ducks in a row with the next guy, and to show a bit of professionalism, I think we should probably just give him the remaining games before sacking him and giving him forty lashes for being such a moany twat in the media.