Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Food £200

Car £240

Mortgage £500

Cans £1865

Utility £150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Move into your car and dumpster dive for food, sorted.

Potentially, within 4 weeks, we can sit back and watch wall to wall football as 90 PL games are broadcast live on telly, along with the Champions League and Europa League latter stages, safe in the knowledge that we are no longer owned by Ashley and that Bruce will be on his way out in the Summer. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

2 mad facts in that story

1 - Her Dad created Lightwater Valley

2 - She's got Huntington's disease which will kill her 15-20 years after she develops symptoms 

if you’ve got access could you copy & paste?... :unsure:

The thing about Merson is that being annoyed or upset that he's said something stupid, is like getting upset with someone in their 80's for shitting themselves.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: I get that he doesn’t like us but if he genuinely thinks that if the owners spent £600m on the team we’d not have a chance of breaking in the top four he’s off his map. While it’s not worth mentioning how wrong he is I also find it funny that he’s essentially saying we can’t buy our way in but then references Man City as being in that elite, a team who.... well... bought their way in. 

To be honest if he’s that biased against a side he shouldn’t really be paid to give his opinion on football. I immensely dislike Sunderland but if they were in the PL and suddenly had owners who would spend £600m on their team they’d be a very good football side, to say otherwise is foolish. 

We aren’t going to go out and buy Mbappe but there’s no reason we can’t go and buy someone like, say, Grealish from a tin pot side headed for relegation. It would be an immediate step up for him, players of that bracket would definitely come. Sure you’d miss out on some that might get an offer from a current CL side and they opt for that but it’s utter drivel for him to act like we are going to sit not being able to buy decent players, we are in the PL after all which according to him in that set of quotes we should be immensely thankful to Ashley for. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: I get that he doesn’t like us but if he genuinely thinks that if the owners spent £600m on the team we’d not have a chance of breaking in the top four he’s off his map. While it’s not worth mentioning how wrong he is I also find it funny that he’s essentially saying we can’t buy our way in but then references Man City as being in that elite, a team who.... well... bought their way in. 

To be honest if he’s that biased against a side he shouldn’t really be paid to give his opinion on football. I immensely dislike Sunderland but if they were in the PL and suddenly had owners who would spend £600m on their team they’d be a very good football side, to say otherwise is foolish. 

We aren’t going to go out and buy Mbappe but there’s no reason we can’t go and buy someone like, say, Grealish from a tin pot side headed for relegation. It would be an immediate step up for him, players of that bracket would definitely come. Sure you’d miss out on some that might get an offer from a current CL side and they opt for that but it’s utter drivel for him to act like we are going to sit not being able to buy decent players, we are in the PL after all which according to him in that set of quotes we should be immensely thankful to Ashley for. 

Totally.

Look at City, they weren't getting star players to start off with, they've built a team.  He's just a bitter coke head.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Howay said:

Why won't we buy MBappe like? He's playing in a one team division and we'd be one of a couple of clubs rich enough...

22 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why won't we buy MBappe like? He's playing in a one team division and we'd be one of a couple of clubs rich enough...

I think getting into the Champions League is a hurdle to getting that type of player, there’s always the possibility one of them might take the money and risk missing the CL for a bit (like Robinho at Man City, not that that worked out great iirc) but I think a lot of that level of player don’t want to miss any time out of the CL. I think that’s why a 2 year ban would be tough for City with players like De Bruyne likely not being ok with missing out on 2 years of CL football in their prime. 

FWIW I’d fucking love to be wrong :lol:. I was just meaning even if we can’t get that level of player we can definitely clean up on the tiers below them. 

Edited by Howay

1 hour ago, Howay said:

Howay now eating raw steak :D

Spot on :good:

• Haha 1

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official