Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official

The Mighty Hog

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, that's a good point.

In a way the new TV deal isn't that important. If it goes up 50% then we'll see wages and transfer fees going up too. It isn't like suddenly we'll be able to start turning over tens of millions in profits.

Yeah that's why I think it's not happening, it's largely irrelevant to a potential sale. Tbf it's very similar to what Gloom was saying before Christmas i.e. "it'll be after the new tv deal is announced". 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

In a way the new TV deal isn't that important. If it goes up 50% then we'll see wages and transfer fees going up too. It isn't like suddenly we'll be able to start turning over tens of millions in profits.

Our wages and transfers won't go up we will just sign worse players :lol:

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Staveley is still positive the deal will go through, I’m told. It’ll be after the new tv money is announced next month though, at the earliest, so fuck knows how that affects Ashley’s thinking in this window. Earlier reports that she would apparently underwrite our January transfer dealings were inaccurate 

:lol: No shit?

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

It appears Ashley thinks his hand will be stronger then.

Though a team that was closer to securing PL status would probably strengthen it further. 

My source reckons it could happen in the next month or two. But it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s all concluded in the close season. The palace takeover took about a year. Who wants to pay top whack for a club that could quite feasibly end up in the championship?

4 hours ago, trooper said:

The clubs been on a downward spiral since negotiations started hence Stavely's reluctance to go near Ashley's valuation

Have we? Aren't we still bumbling around the bottom half of the league (as everyone predicted before a ball was kicked)? 

The club's league position wasn't likely to have a real bearing on the value of the club, was it. Unless we were rock bottom, cut adrift and certs for relegation, or a surprise package comfortably in the CL spots, Ashley valuation would be stupidly high and Staveley's bid a more realistic valuation.

That's the sticking point, as it was always going to be. Ashley wants close to £400m, Staveley wants to spend closer to £300m.Something as movable as a league position on an arbitrary weekend in the middle of the season was unlikely to impact it.

• Like 1

By the time the new TV deal is announced we could well be in the bottom three. Wonder how this does affect Ashley’s “thinking”.

What a moron.

let’s sing “Newcastle are going down, the price is going up...”

The sale won’t happen tbh.

If Ashley is really thinking that a new (but foreseeable) TV deal will really enhance his chances (and the fee), I can’t see him accepting circumstances that devalue the club.

His logic is as flawed as ever. This is just the newest ridiculous mistake in the making.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s not over till the posh crumpet sings. 

Aye. Just stinks of desperation tactics to me. Got back from holiday, fake arabs story and now this. They've had him by the balls with the relegation clause all along and now he's starting to sweat. Poetry

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

• Tom changed the title to Newcastle United: Club Sold To PCP - Official