VAR... really??

PaddockLad

Well my waistline was smaller back then. Her arse was large proportionally though. Which is no bad thing imo. Just making the point she had some junk in the trunk back then

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think Forest have got a point here mind. If Attwell is a Luton fan, of course you don't give him the VAR job with 5 games to go when the two are in a relegation battle together. 

And if Webb didn't know, he's not really doing his job. But once he does know, he has to sort it out. 

Cos now even if Attwell somehow really thought he got those decisions right, the whole thing still LOOKS like it reeks. 

If Webb didn't know then surely Attwell was at risk of being given a Luton match to referee. 

I'm not buying that he wasn't aware. Probably irritated that Forest queried the appointment. 

Strengthens the argument in my view for more foreign referees with no team affiliation. If we're happy to have foreign players and coaches, why not officials as well - particularly, as the authorities keep banging on about, we've got a desperate shortage of British-based officials hence why the standards are dropping....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Strengthens the argument in my view for more foreign referees with no team affiliation. If we're happy to have foreign players and coaches, why not officials as well - particularly, as the authorities keep banging on about, we've got a desperate shortage of British-based officials hence why the standards are dropping....

It's a strange one that. We're happy for our clubs to go out and spend huge money on the best players in the world yet there's never been a case of us recruiting a foreign referee because they're one of the best at what they do. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You would have been smaller then as well though. My back garden seemed massive when I was a kid but I bet if I saw it now.... 

Euphemism?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Didn’t she have decent bangers back in the day as well ?

The bottom line on my 'new' curves: CAROL VORDERMAN, 58, reveals the  formula behind her figure | Daily Mail Online

No

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's a strange one that. We're happy for our clubs to go out and spend huge money on the best players in the world yet there's never been a case of us recruiting a foreign referee because they're one of the best at what they do. 

The added bonus that it could help dispel any notion that PGMOL is a closed and controlled club as well.

Keep the goal line stuff, that isn't a problem, have a quick look at the offside, if it doesn't look a clear and obvious error by the linesman the var official shuts the fuck up. Anything needing silly lines drawn on isn't a clear and obvious error so on field decision stands. It's absolutely killing football and football right now needs all the help it can get with the protectionist rules they currently have in place to stymie competition. 

• Like 3

Aye, it's ridiculous. I've read people say technically they made the correct decision yesterday, but it seems like Coventry could penalized because their players foot was an inch longer or something like that? That's mental. And when it becomes marginal the only thing you're guaranteed is the big sides will get most of the decisions in their favor. 

• Like 1

This is like two threads in one.

I, personally, am enjoying the Carol Vorderman chat much more than the VAR chat.

Can the mods please employ some technical wizardry to split this into two threads so us middle aged desperados know which thread to spend our time in?

• Haha 8

If you type certain combinations of words, ending with Vorderman, in to Google images, you get to see some truly magnificent photoshop artistry, so a friend tells me. :lol:

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If you type certain combinations of words, ending with Vorderman, in to Google images, you get to see some truly magnificent photoshop artistry, so a friend tells me. :lol:

Curiously, most of the digital Vag Gogh’s have gone for the “gutted rabbit” look when depicting the Vorderman nethers, whereas I imagine she’s a “last turkey on the shelf” type of gal. 

If any of you lads are still on Twatter, can you ask her , for scientific purposes ? :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

This is like two threads in one.

I, personally, am enjoying the Carol Vorderman chat much more than the VAR chat.

Can the mods please employ some technical wizardry to split this into two threads so us middle aged desperados know which thread to spend our time in?

• Haha 2

Offsides don't fall under the clear and obvious criteria, for those decisions you're either offside or you aren't. A big part of the problem with VAR is that a lot of the other decisions they're overturning aren't clear and obvious errors.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

438089077_421891683921415_3540997829245023201_n.jpg

Even just looking at the picture (ignoring the dodgy lines), what advantage does the Coventry player have? He looks completely stationary he's facing the wrong way and leaning towards the ball - so not really ready to sprint at all. The man utd player on the other hand is already positioned perfectly to get back, and already running, which gives him the advantage.

Then the dodgy lines suggest he was never offside anyway.

• Like 3

If you’re offside, you’re offside. I have no issue with that. My problem is that these lines and timings of when the ball is kicked are a joke and completely inaccurate.

Hopefully the semi-automated CL style system will sort out these problems. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Even just looking at the picture (ignoring the dodgy lines), what advantage does the Coventry player have? He looks completely stationary he's facing the wrong way and leaning towards the ball - so not really ready to sprint at all. The man utd player on the other hand is already positioned perfectly to get back, and already running, which gives him the advantage.

Then the dodgy lines suggest he was never offside anyway.

What about the ManU players arm too? Looks like it is out to me in the direction of the goal, beyond his foot, whereas the Coventry player's arm is by his side.

Imagine being a VAR official and being such a penis as to give that decision man.  

• Like 4