Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

God Bless America. First 20 minutes or so was class, but it doesn't hold up through the rest of the film. Still a decent watch. Don't watch it if you're at all sensitive in the aftermath of that shooting in America last week though.

Went on for fucking ever. I can't understand the dweebs who have watched the trilogy multiple times etc. How the fuck do you get through the first 2 hours of that last movie multiple times, never mind the other ones.

The Dark Knight Rises.

So many things wrong with it, nowhere near as good as the first 2. Still enjoyed it though.

That about sums it up.

Saw The Hobbit earlier this week, in the higher frame rate version. Massive amount of padding. Shame really, could have been much better if it wasn't three films. Also, the frame rate thing is a bit shit. It looks awesome when the camera doesn't move, really clear and the detail is amazing (but none of this draws you into the picture bullshit they all like to come out with on their promotion jaunts). But as soon as the camera moves more than a bit, its like someone's leant on the fast forward button. Looks ridiculous. Absolutely the opposite of immersive! Other than that, if you liked Lord of the Rings, you'll probably like it enough.

Just saw Seven Psychopaths tonight. Bit of an odd film. Not really sure what to make of it. Quite funny in places, but maybe tries just a bit too hard. Not as good as I remember In Bruges being.

Today's 5am movie was Looper. Thought it was really good. And Emily Blunt has never looked fitter.

Yesterday's 5am movie was The Watch. Totally stupid, but if you like any of the cast members (Stiller, Vaughan, Jonah Hill and Ayoade) it'll do you for an hour and a half.

Watched a canny show called Limitless. I've said before I'm nee Terry Norman, so I'll keep this brief but it's about this depressed writer who stumbles across this tablet which enables him to use 100% of his brain (normal people use 20%). Anyway he's a clever fucka on this stuff, and that's it really. I'd recommend anyone to watch this film, some canny flange in it as well. 8/10

Watched a canny show called Limitless. I've said before I'm nee Terry Norman, so I'll keep this brief but it's about this depressed writer who stumbles across this tablet which enables him to use 100% of his brain (normal people use 20%). Anyway he's a clever fucka on this stuff, and that's it really. I'd recommend anyone to watch this film, some canny flange in it as well. 8/10

Got 8/10 for me as well. :)

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/374-film-you-most-recently-watched/page__view__findpost__p__922026

A Christmas Carol.

The one with George C Scott and Edward Woodward. Watched it on Christmas Eve night whilst waiting for the Pussy Cats to fall asleep so I could get their stuff out. It's still a great story/film and very good acting. (I still get lumps in the throat and the odd speck of dust in the eye watching it, ahem.) :blush2:

A Christmas Carol.

The one with George C Scott and Edward Woodward. Watched it on Christmas Eve night whilst waiting for the Pussy Cats to fall asleep so I could get their stuff out. It's still a great story/film and very good acting. (I still get lumps in the throat and the odd speck of dust in the eye watching it, ahem.) :blush2:

Watched Blackadder Christmas Carol last night. Still makes me chuckle.

Lord Edmund Blackadder: HA! Got him with my subtle plan!

Baldrick: I can't see any subtle plan!

Lord Edmund Blackadder: Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!"

:lol:

barry1.jpg

".......and for ten bonus points, which Knacka on Toontastic got my fucking name wrong?"

;)

Watched Blackadder Christmas Carol last night. Still makes me chuckle.

Lord Edmund Blackadder: HA! Got him with my subtle plan!

Baldrick: I can't see any subtle plan!

Lord Edmund Blackadder: Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord, singing "Subtle plans are here again!"

:lol:

Aye watched that afterwards, recorded it so could skip through SKY's long ad breaks. Blackadder was superb at the time. (apart from the first one which was average at best.)

Too Big To Fail - thing that was on the other night about the fall of Lehman Brothers. Pretty big cast, so I'm assuming it was an HBO thing. It was pretty good. Canny dry obviously, but made the story pretty easy to understand.

The Girl - thing that was on BBC last night about Alfred Hitchcock's obsession with Tippi Hedren. Turns out he was a bit of a cunt, and basically ruined her career cos she wouldn't succumb to his advances. I enjoyed it, Sienna Miller looked incredible as Tippi Hedren. Fair play to Hedren as well btw, cos I'm sure a lot of the starlets of that time were put in this position and went the other way for fame.