Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Wizard Mode - Documentary about a young Aspergers lad who plays competitive pinball. Better than it sounds and really good insight into how difficult it must be to raise an autistic child.

Watched this last night. Really enjoyed it. That lad is class. His parents were mint too, the joy his dad got from watching him being good at pinball.

It was awful watching him struggle with the whole work thing and his mam and dad explaining that they wouldn't be around forever etc.

I really enjoyed it but it was tough watching at times when he was struggling in the tournaments and some of the kids there didn't want to know him. To be fair though most of the people were great with him.

The Shallows. Blake Lively is unreal fit, but she's a terrible actress. It probably doesn't help that there's so much CGI in this thing that I could well believe she did the whole thing lying on the floor of a film set, and never actually saw a beach.

Arival. Not sure about it. Hollywood keeps trying to do intelligent sci fi and very rarely seem to get it right.

I read the book/story a couple of months ago without knowing about the film and while I really enjoyed it, I'm surprised the film is being lauded as I don't necessarily see a good film in it. I'm intrigued as to what they've done with it.

Fantastic Beasts was excellent. Message is all the more relevant with Trump winning.

It was alright for about an hour and then all the CGI started getting a bit tedious. 6/10

Legend - Slow paced, dialogue heavy - shot like Eastenders. 4/10

Trumbo. Good film on the communist witch hunts in the land of the free and the screenwriter who eventually fucked them off. Bryan Cranston takes a good part and the lad who plays Kirk Douglas was very believable.