Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Parky had made his mind up before seeing it though, so he had to emphasise the bits that confirmed his prejudice.

I wanted it to be good. Some of it was good but a lot of it was a farrago. The money they spent and the talent they have available it boggles the mind they can't get a by the numbers film right. Disney will wring the last bits of magic out of the biggest franchise of all time and throw it on the scrap heap of history. It's already clear. The schedule of releasing one film every other year for 10 years is too much.

Edited by Park Life

They've managed to make it work as a whole though, and I think the disappointment that was Episode 7 has a lot to do with better reviews for this one. 

I do agree that Disney will ruin it in the end though, from what we've seen so far. At most they should filmed 3 more titles and wrapped it up with episode 9.

Parky's score of 6.5/10 seems a bit high for the the rest of the review.

I agree about Luna, don't think he is up to leading a film like this. The lack of a Ford standard personality will, along with the Director Krennic not being the fearsome antagonist of previous episodes mean that despite this having a lot going for it, it's not going to be right up there with the best of the franchise.

I've been advised not to take the nipper. He's gutted

How old is he DG?

MF - I shouldn't have even entertained the fact that it may have been too intense for him, he LOVED it. "There are lots of battles but you don't see blood but you do see explosions with people next to them. Other than that, it's brilliant. Oh and it's a little bit talky when there could have been more action - I'd say maybe half of it is talk, talk, talk."

Move over Kermode.

How old is he DG?

MF - I shouldn't have even entertained the fact that it may have been too intense for him, he LOVED it. "There are lots of battles but you don't see blood but you do see explosions with people next to them. Other than that, it's brilliant. Oh and it's a little bit talky when there could have been more action - I'd say maybe half of it is talk, talk, talk."

Move over Kermode.

He's 5 and a half. I took him to see force awakens last Christmas and he loved it. A mate told the mrs that this one is more grown up and might scare him.

I've been advised not to take the nipper. He's gutted

[emoji38] Don't be such a fucking puff. Get the kid taken, it's Star Wars ffs.

Luke Skywalker gets his fucking hand chopped off by his own dad in Empire, but I bet you got taken to see it and haven't been unduly affected.

[emoji38] Don't be such a fucking puff. Get the kid taken, it's Star Wars ffs.

Luke Skywalker gets his fucking hand chopped off by his own dad in Empire, but I bet you got taken to see it and haven't been unduly affected.

Just reminded me that I saw Death Wish 2 in a video bar in Benidorm when I was about 8. I think there's a gang rape scene within the first 5 minutes.

:lol:

He's seen all of them so far. I'm inclined to agree but a mate I know who worked on the new film said it's a lot darker than the others. He couldn't tell me what happened at the end without spoiling it for me so I'm going to watch it first before deciding whether to take the nipper along

He's seen all of them so far. I'm inclined to agree but a mate I know who worked on the new film said it's a lot darker than the others. He couldn't tell me what happened at the end without spoiling it for me so I'm going to watch it first before deciding whether to take the nipper along

I think you're making the right call, personally. Don't cave to peer pressure from Gemmill, he's not the one who'll have to deal with the emotional fall out (if any) and the possibility that watching this film could turn your child over to the dark side in the future ;)

I actually had to turn the end off of the final prequel. My memory of those films were they were mostly shit but the but where Annakin has his legs chopped off and is left to burn to death in the flames was quite dark

I actually had to turn the end off of the final prequel. My memory of those films were they were mostly shit but the but where Annakin has his legs chopped off and is left to burn to death in the flames was quite dark

There's also the mass slaughter of younglings.

My uncle let me watch an American werewolf in London when I was 5. I struggled to sleep for months :lol:

I saw that when I was really young too. I think I found that more disturbing than stuff that's pure violence.

All the Death Wish films? At 5? Fucking hell, Gloom.

:lol:

I saw nightmare on Elm street when I was about 6 or 7, remember acting like it was nowt afterwards when I was playing in the street then slept on the floor for about a week because of the scene where Johnny Depp got pulled into his bed :lol:

Took the youngest to watch Rogue one, thought it was OK, nothing more but once I'd worked out the time frame it did enhance the film, (I'd not seen nor read anything about R1 so it was a surprise). The ending was pretty good and blended well into what it was meant to. (Trying not to give anything away to those who haven't seen it). Overall, better than the last one which was OK.