Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I never liked Blair Witch at the time. But it was well hyped before I saw it. Did wonder if it could be effective once I had bairns to tell it was a documentary so they could see it without the hype and i could see whether it worked on them.

Agreed. Carpenter made such good films back then.

I watched most of Prince of darkness the other night - really enjoyed it and I still find the hand reaching out to Satan through the mirror really disturbing for some reason.

Dr Strange: Trippy, Superhero origin movie, some good performances and sets up nicely for Drimblesnatch's future in the Marvel cinematic universe, but suffers with a fairly average antagonist and a pretty by the numbers Origin plot.

Definitely one to watch in 3D on a big screen though. The visuals are incredible. 

Blair Witch Project. I'd never got round to watching it before and I can see why now. Pile of shite. An hour and twenty of three people arguing with each other with no build up of fear and no scares at all. If it wasn't for the different (at the time) way in which it was filmed, I can't imagine anyone would have ever watched it.

I never got around to watching it either as I suspected it would be a steaming pile of shit. Thanks for the confirmation, DK! :good:

I thought it was class at the time. Disagree its not suspenseful, novel camera work, decent acting, good ending imo. Possibly lost its impact in this desensitized age like. But a metascore of 81% suggests you're being harsh.

I never got around to watching it as I suspected it would be a steaming pile of shit. Thanks for the confirmation, Rents. :good:

Oh right, so me, half of toontastic, and 81% of reviewers are wrong then? :huff:

Thinking about it, I doubt BWP would work well nowadays without the right environment (as has been pointed out) but was definitely a truly innovative film paving the way for the like paranormal, cloverfield etc.

It's made me think though, when was the last decent horror film released? Is the genre dead? Has it been replaced by all those films featuring men in tights that Fish and DK love?

I'd say about 80% of TT are wrong about everything not just films. Alex, Gemmil, HF, Rayvin and sometimes Chez and Gloom are the only ones that display half a brain. :munch:

Edited by Park Life

Oh right, so me, half of toontastic, and 81% of reviewers are wrong then? :huff:

Thinking about it, I doubt BWP would work well nowadays without the right environment (as has been pointed out) but was definitely a truly innovative film paving the way for the like paranormal, cloverfield etc.

It's made me think though, when was the last decent horror film released? Is the genre dead? Has it been replaced by all those films featuring men in tights that Fish and DK love?

:lol:

TBF, I've never been a massive fan of horror films on the whole. (I just never fancied BWP at all).

I'd say about 80% of TT are wrong about everything not just films. Alex, Gemmil, HF, Rayvin and sometimes Chez and Gloom are the only ones that display half a brain. :munch:

There's the bait. Any bites?

I just have two words:

Chem trails

Amazed CT and Essembee didn't make the cut mind...

Woah don't put me in the same bracket as Fish. I don't mind a comic book film but there's only a couple I think are really good.

I generally find that there aren't many good horrors like so I don't often watch them.

Chem Trails are real tbf

The floating bit in space where everybody's creativity is stored on the other hand ....

Was at a party on Fri night chatting on to a neuro-scientist about the brain and ideas. Couldn't get away from her after I laid some highly dubious claptrap on her...:)

Was feeling like watching a a horror last night so tried Netflix. Managed about half an hour of Jeepers Creepers - absolute turd. Then tried Would you Rather? which was also comically bad but at least held my attention. I'm not sure it should even be down under the horror genre.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Was at a party on Fri night chatting on to a neuro-scientist about the brain and ideas. Couldn't get away from her after I laid some highly dubious claptrap on her... :)

German lasses are filthy like.