Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Arrival

Canny shite, really. I could go on but if you like references to British colonising India with nothing said about the fledgling US army moving on the native Indians, if you like the Yanks working out the alien code while the Chinese, the Russians and some others are going to blow them up and also if you like a pretty ropey film then this is for you. Worst film I've seen Amy Adams in so far.

Never mind, I just reminded myself of the numerous issues on his Wikipedia. :lol:

What exactly did he say to the cop?

accused the copper of being a jew then accused jews for being responsible for all the world's ills or something. 

That's how they work, the sneaky bastards

We like to keep our council. How else would we get away with controlling the world's media, western governments and financial institutions? We've barely enough time to start all the world's wars, what with all the hoards of money to be counted.

Arrival. Stylish slow burner sci fi drama. Didn't think it was all that tbh - no chance of the best film oscar compared to other nominations I've seen. 6/10

Thought it was tedious with one good idea...Then they tried to wrap a love story around it. :lol:

The Revenant - Wor lass said to put it on because she likes Leo.  As the bear was mauling him she went on her instead and said "this is awful"  I was mouth agape.  I sez to her "well, it' not like anything you've seen before, which is always a good thing" she didn't agree.  I enjoyed it.  3 and a half stars.

Moana - 20 minutes in I thought it was another anodyne disney heroine film like Mulan or Brave, but it was worth sticking with.  Turned into Disney's The Abyss. Lots of funnies and girl power without too much Mary Janing, though quite a bit.  3 and a half stars.

I went to see Trainspotting 2 on Friday.  Unfortunately it was spoilt by two mortal middle aged slappers who kept going out for more drinks and tabs and forgetting where they were sitting and shouting at each other accross the theatre.  Then to my eternal joy they parked up in a couple of empty seats just in front of me absolutely stinking of booze, tried to phone their other mate who they'd lost and chatted through the remaining half hour of the film (at one point of them tried to explain the the plot of the first film to the other) completely oblivious to a number of people telling them to shut the fuck up.  I'm absolutely astonished that people go to the cinema and get in such a state (or go anywhere and in the state these hags got) or that they can have such a lack of awareness of what is going on around them.  I do think the odeon staff should have done something about them (I'm pretty sure people went out and complained) and certainly shouldn't have kept serving drinks to anyone in that state, but when all the staff are just young kids they're not likely to stand up to people like this.

I did still enjoy the film and it's definitely better than a feared it would end up being.  The soundtrack while still good, isn't a patch on the original though where it's almost another character in it's own right.  I think more than anything else stopped it from really reaching the heights of the original.

When did drinking at the cinema become a thing anyway? Apart from the antisocial elements described, it's not going to heighten the experience. I would quite literally lose the plot after a couple.