Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Goodbye Lenin

More film references than Tarantino has managed in a career. Despite the lack of originality I did enjoy it, as I do Tarantino's work. The La Dolce Vita bit with the chopper carrying a Lenin statue in particular was brilliantly done.

Watched Fight Club again yesterday after a few years, forgot how good this film is, brilliant.

You should read the book. It's better.

They followed the book pretty much to the letter...

Cracking all the same though.

Palahniuk himself says the film is better. When the author of the book prefers the film that says it all.

Goodbye Lenin

More film references than Tarantino has managed in a career. Despite the lack of originality I did enjoy it, as I do Tarantino's work. The La Dolce Vita bit with the chopper carrying a Lenin statue in particular was brilliantly done.

Oh, and Yann Tiersen too.

;)

Goodbye Lenin

Good film - I bought the german 3 disc version only to find there were no english subs when i sat down to watch it. ;)

Goodbye Lenin

Good film - I bought the german 3 disc version only to find there were no english subs when i sat down to watch it. ;)

Not as bad as Wacky sat watching The Pusher and not realising it wasn't in English. :icon_lol:

Goodbye Lenin

Not as bad as Wacky sat watching The Pusher and not realising it wasn't in English. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Kingdom - surprisingly decent

Goodbye Lenin

Thought it was a great film that.

If you enjoyed it, then you should like The Edukators. Daniel Brühl (Alexander) is in that too.

Kingdom - surprisingly decent

With Jamie Foxx?

The Rock, I like the soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is really good

Aye, few corny American bits but generally ok

I was nearly alarmed at the ending but then it redeemed itself with the message at the end

Put on Rebel Without a Cause earlier on. Class film.

Bought that yesterday for 3 quid in Tesco, hopefully a bargain.

It certainly is that sir. Some of it is obviously corny as fuck mind with it being in the 50's. But still class.

The last hangman - It was a canny film Timothy Spall did a great job playing Albert Pierrepoint.

Isn't it called Pierrepoint?

I've seen it as both so wasn't sure what to put.

Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson.

From Oscar-winning director Alex Gibney and producer Graydon Carter comes a probing look into the uncanny life of national treasure and gonzo journalism inventor Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. The film addresses the major touchstones in Thompson’s life—his intense and ill fated relationship with the Hell’s Angels, his near-successful bid for the office of sheriff in Aspen in 1970, the notorious story behind the landmark Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, his deep involvement in Senator George McGovern’s 1972 presidential campaign, and much more. Narrated by Johnny Depp.

Thought it was class like. Then again I'm a bit biased, but really enjoyed it as it showed me a lot of insight which I certainly hadn't seen before. Class soundtrack as well.

REC - Portuguese low budget horror flick. Cross between 28 days later and blair witch. Pretty shite tbf, a loose plot about a film crew who follow a fire brigade into an apartment block and then get sealed in when the police realise something aint right.

Hellboy 2 - Canny, maybe not as good as the first, but still an enjoyable action film. Funny in parts and you can tell del Toro's influence on the movie.

The Dark Night

Good stuff.

What I learned....

1) Personal liberties shouldn't be forfeited to combat terrorists

2) Personal liberties must be forfeited to combat terrorists

3) You don't need eyelids to moisten your eyes

4) Characters returning from the dead isn't quite as cliched as it can be yet

5) During a high speed chase around the city, bad guys will always know exactly where the people they're chasing will go.

Ironman

Loved it !

acquired or Cinema?

If the former, have you a link because I can only find dodgy cam versions.

There was a decent Telesync copy knocking about soon after it came out but I still don't think there's a Region 5 version yet.