Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The Black Dahlia

I'm so pissed off I watched this movie tonight, not because I didn't want to watch it, but I was lumbered with two people whose taste in film starts and end with the Transporter-esque shite we see.

It's a really engaging film and some of the sets and wadrobe pieces are sumptious. I found that the climax was a little too rushed and I while I probably would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more if I wasn't having to explain plot lines and character interactions for 50% of the film, I did find it an entertaining way to spend the 2 hours or so.

Considering it's Brian De Palma I was disappointed. This is the bloke that made Carrie, Scarface, Carlito's Way and Blow Out. Mind, he also did Mission To Mars and Snake Eyes so you can never be sure what you're going to get. While this wasn't anywhere near as bad as his turkey's, it wasn't close to his best either. The mumbling smoking characters I could barely hear didn't help when there are 50 odd names to remember. Only catching the odd word meant I was always waiting for later scenes to explain how the film got there, once comfortable that this plan of action would work it meant I could get lazy and just wait it out till the end for a full explanation rather than following what was going on as it happened. Very stylish though.

Lemming – Excellent paranormal thriller about a perfect couple whose complacency is tested by the man’s boss and more specifically his desperately unhappy wife. 10 years ago I know I would have been bored shitless so I know it won’t be for everyone, but the slow build to a feeling of paranoia that is bred by mistrust between the previously happy couple is palpable. The fact that the mistrust is on the button thanks to the spiritual possession of the previously doting wife leads to a bit of an easily resolved copout; and the poorly contrived introduction of a flying machine that you’re just waiting to pay-off is cack handed, but it was still a great ride.

The Black Dahlia

I'm so pissed off I watched this movie tonight, not because I didn't want to watch it, but I was lumbered with two people whose taste in film starts and end with the Transporter-esque shite we see.

It's a really engaging film and some of the sets and wadrobe pieces are sumptious. I found that the climax was a little too rushed and I while I probably would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more if I wasn't having to explain plot lines and character interactions for 50% of the film, I did find it an entertaining way to spend the 2 hours or so.

Considering it's Brian De Palma I was disappointed. This is the bloke that made Carrie, Scarface, Carlito's Way and Blow Out. Mind, he also did Mission To Mars and Snake Eyes so you can never be sure what you're going to get. While this wasn't anywhere near as bad as his turkey's, it wasn't close to his best either. The mumbling smoking characters I could barely hear didn't help when there are 50 odd names to remember. Only catching the odd word meant I was always waiting for later scenes to explain how the film got there, once comfortable that this plan of action would work it meant I could get lazy and just wait it out till the end for a full explanation rather than following what was going on as it happened. Very stylish though.

Lemming – Excellent paranormal thriller about a perfect couple whose complacency is tested by the man’s boss and more specifically his desperately unhappy wife. 10 years ago I know I would have been bored shitless so I know it won’t be for everyone, but the slow build to a feeling of paranoia that is bred by mistrust between the previously happy couple is palpable. The fact that the mistrust is on the button thanks to the spiritual possession of the previously doting wife leads to a bit of an easily resolved copout; and the poorly contrived introduction of a flying machine that you’re just waiting to pay-off is cack handed, but it was still a great ride.

FFS If that isn't the comment of a fat cock knocker then I don't know what is

The Black Dahlia

Yes dissapointing considering the director.