Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

:lol: If you liked it then you must have already understood it to a sufficient degree though, no? I can't imagine you'll like it any more by "working it out a bit more."

Not really, I only understood it on a superficial level. It looked great and held the tension well, but I'm not sure what the fuck it was all 'about'. Not sure what was real and imagined by which charactersor who was good and bad. Why was the old woman wearing the kids mac? All that stuff.

That's the best bit of films, working it out a bit more.

:lol: If you liked it then you must have already understood it to a sufficient degree though, no? I can't imagine you'll like it any more by "working it out a bit more."

Not really, I only understood it on a superficial level. It looked great and held the tension well, but I'm not sure what the fuck it was all 'about'. Not sure what was real and imagined by which charactersor who was good and bad. Why was the old woman wearing the kids mac? All that stuff.

Scary though, wasn't she? :unsure:

If you didn't try to work out a film afterwards then you could never enjoy any of David Lynch's films surely. I generally find they're great to look at but don't understand at least half of them while I'm watching.

If you didn't try to work out a film afterwards then you could never enjoy any of David Lynch's films surely. I generally find they're great to look at but don't understand at least half of them while I'm watching.

Apart from 'Wild at Heart'. That's David Lynch-lite though tbf. Class all the same.

Apart from 'Wild at Heart'. That's David Lynch-lite though tbf. Class all the same.

I was thinking the very same thing as I was typing tbh!

Yes Lynch lite.

Nick Roeg - Performance and Man who fell to earth are my faves.

I agree about Hathaway. How was Perth?

Yeah, it was really good mate. In fact, so good I am seriously considering emigrating.

Nice one. It's a great country imo.

Can you get the required points on the Aussie immigration thing, McGroin? Good system, I reckon.

I've done a couple of online point questionnaires and I seem to pass but whether they are accurate is another story.

Is there not one on the Aussie govt website? (The one where you apply for Visas).

Can you get the required points on the Aussie immigration thing, McGroin? Good system, I reckon.

I've done a couple of online point questionnaires and I seem to pass but whether they are accurate is another story.

Is there not one on the Aussie govt website? (The one where you apply for Visas).

My mate (who emigrated) reckons the best way is to get an agency. I havent looked at it in depth tbh but I will have read up this month. Mind is more or less made up when I found my house has gone up £40k since I bought it 2 years ago. Dear Diary......Jackpot.

My mate (who emigrated) reckons the best way is to get an agency. I havent looked at it in depth tbh but I will have read up this month. Mind is more or less made up when I found my house has gone up £40k since I bought it 2 years ago. Dear Diary......Jackpot.

Looks like a piece of piss to get there on the Skilled Worker thing tbh. My ex-lass is doing it, and is just going through the whole thing herself without bothering with an agency. It's taking a while mind as things just sit and seemingly make no progress. Think she was planning to make the move in Spring this year.

When I was in Perth you could get a luxury apartment overlooking the river near King's Park for about AUS$ 250k. Mind, personally I think Perth's a bit isolated. That said, it's a lot cheaper than Sydney and Melbourne (better weather than the latter too). Also, it's a piece of piss (and cheap to boot) to jump on a plane and fly to nearly anywhere in Oz, New Zealand or the South Pacific. Same probably applies to loads of parts of the Far East too. Plus, if you get sick, you could always come back.

When I was in Perth you could get a luxury apartment overlooking the river near King's Park for about AUS$ 250k. Mind, personally I think Perth's a bit isolated. That said, it's a lot cheaper than Sydney and Melbourne (better weather than the latter too). Also, it's a piece of piss (and cheap to boot) to jump on a plane and fly to nearly anywhere in Oz, New Zealand or the South Pacific. Same probably applies to loads of parts of the Far East too. Plus, if you get sick, you could always come back.

Very true. Kings Park area looked really nice and would be perfect. I have someone to stay with in Perth until I get settled so going there would be perfick. Lots of jobs there as well.