Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Tell him to fuck off with Snatch tbh. It's absolute shite. The rest are worth seeing.

Agreed, I thought it was fucking terrible.

The fight/Fuckin in the bushes bit is brilliant.

I loved Snatch, what's wrong with it?

Not that much.

People just don't like Guy Ritchie because they think he's a mockney twat.

Bollocks. People just don't like Snatch because it isn't any good.

I liked Snatch just not as much as Lock Stock because it really seemed to re hash a lot of the ideas. If Snatch had been made first I think peoples feelings on it would have been the other way round. From what I can gather Snatch seems to have been much better received overseas.

Anyway I should have Rashomon sitting waiting for me tonight and that Three Burials should arrive tomorrow so I'm looking forward to watching them over the weekend.

I think that's the reason why I liked it better than Lock Stock - I saw Snatch first. They really are quite similar.

I agree, I can understand why someone would criticise it for just being more of the same but can't really get how someone could think one is good and the other shite.

Because we've heard the jokes before and the film generally isn't as good?

I think that, even if Snatch had came out first, most people would still prefer Lock, Stock.... It's just a far better film.

I liked Snatch just not as much as Lock Stock because it really seemed to re hash a lot of the ideas. If Snatch had been made first I think peoples feelings on it would have been the other way round. From what I can gather Snatch seems to have been much better received overseas.

Anyway I should have Rashomon sitting waiting for me tonight and that Three Burials should arrive tomorrow so I'm looking forward to watching them over the weekend.

I think that's the reason why I liked it better than Lock Stock - I saw Snatch first. They really are quite similar.

I agree, I can understand why someone would criticise it for just being more of the same but can't really get how someone could think one is good and the other shite.

Because we've heard the jokes before and the film generally isn't as good?

Well that's what I mean when I say it's just more of the same. I can understand and agree with that.

I don't understand why you say it's generally not as good though. I think it's a better made film tbh.

At the end of the day it's subjective like anything else.

Tell him to fuck off with Snatch tbh. It's absolute shite. The rest are worth seeing.

Not that much.

Well no one seems to have a reason why it was so much worse than Lock, stock other than just "because it was worse". Not convincing me.

Not that much.

Well no one seems to have a reason why it was so much worse than Lock, stock other than just "because it was worse". Not convincing me.

:( It wasn't as good a film. Sometimes opinions on films can be that simple. :blink: I've no real desire to convince you one way or the other, but to put it down to people not liking Guy Ritchie is daft.

:( It wasn't as good a film. Sometimes opinions on films can be that simple. :blink: I've no real desire to convince you one way or the other, but to put it down to people not liking Guy Ritchie is daft.

When the two films are virtually identical and there's no apparent reason given for liking the first one and hating the second, the only thing I can presume is that the debut was out of nowhere by an unknown which meant nobody had any prejudice against it. Going into Snatch everyone knew more about Ritchie and couldn't forgive him treading the same ground as if all he knows is being a geezer, and that pissed them off. If that's daft, so fuck, because if no one can explain why they were so different class it's the only logical explanation I can come to.

Edited by Happy Face

When the two films are virtually identical and there's no apparent reason given for liking the first one and hating the second, the only thing I can presume is that the debut was out of nowhere by an unknown which meant nobody had any prejudice against it. Going into Snatch everyone knew more about Ritchie and couldn't forgive him treading the same ground as if it's all he knows is being the geezer that he is, and that pissed them off. If that's daft, so fuck, because if no one can explain why they were so different class it's the only logical explanation I can come to.

In my opinion they aren't virtually identical. In my opinion Lock Stock was far the more entertaining film. That's all really. I don't like to over-analyse films so that's as much as I can give you by way of logical explanation for why I prefer one over the other. Watching films to me is about being entertained, so if one film entertains me and another doesn't, I tend to prefer the former over the latter.

When the two films are virtually identical and there's no apparent reason given for liking the first one and hating the second, the only thing I can presume is that the debut was out of nowhere by an unknown which meant nobody had any prejudice against it. Going into Snatch everyone knew more about Ritchie and couldn't forgive him treading the same ground as if it's all he knows is being the geezer that he is, and that pissed them off. If that's daft, so fuck, because if no one can explain why they were so different class it's the only logical explanation I can come to.

In my opinion they aren't virtually identical. In my opinion Lock Stock was far the more entertaining film. That's all really. I don't like to over-analyse films so that's as much as I can give you by way of logical explanation for why I prefer one over the other. Watching films to me is about being entertained, so if one film entertains me and another doesn't, I tend to prefer the former over the latter.

Maybe Leazes could use a similar argument as to why Shepherd is best for Newcastle and stop trying to come up with actual reasons. Save us all some time.

:( It wasn't as good a film. Sometimes opinions on films can be that simple. :( I've no real desire to convince you one way or the other, but to put it down to people not liking Guy Ritchie is daft.

Maybe Leazes could use a similar argument as to why Shepherd is best for Newcastle and stop trying to come up with actual reasons. Save us all some time.

I'm hoping that was a joke? :blink:

Well I've got a choice of 24 hour party people, departed or Arthur and the Invisibles to watch tonight (sky+ed or downloaded). Gonna eatch Buddy with the kids first though ( not the roger daultry one i dont hink, something with animals in it or something).

Should I be excited?

The only thing I can come up with is not connecting with the characters in Snatch the same way as those in Lock Stock.

Personally I prefered the Lock Stock characters but didn't dislike the Snatch ones.

The characters are a lot more cartoon-like in Snatch, that's for sure.

Went to this afternoon's showing of The Illusionist. I love being in the cinema when it's virtually empty and there aint any brainless youths in. Anyway, it was okay though not fantastic. Some good scenes and a reasonable storyline but I reckon it could have been a far better film with a few more shekles spent - there had obviously been a few bob spent but it could have been really good special effects-wise.

7/10 on the hipsters scale.

btw, Snatch is the one where Bradley Pitt played the tinker with the dreadful accent, yes? An accent so dreadful that I couldn't understand a fuckin' word of what he was saying throughout the film! THAT'S why the film was tosh, imo.

Went to this afternoon's showing of The Illusionist. I love being in the cinema when it's virtually empty and there aint any brainless youths in. Anyway, it was okay though not fantastic. Some good scenes and a reasonable storyline but I reckon it could have been a far better film with a few more shekles spent - there had obviously been a few bob spent but it could have been really good special effects-wise.

7/10 on the hipsters scale.

btw, Snatch is the one where Bradley Pitt played the tinker with the dreadful accent, yes? An accent so dreadful that I couldn't understand a fuckin' word of what he was saying throughout the film! THAT'S why the film was tosh, imo.

That was the fucking point. :(