Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

The cabinet of dr calagari - 9/10. this is where film revoloution began!!

Before The Fish does.

Will this revoloution be tellyvized?

che-guevara-hugo-chavez-colonialism-racism-imperialism.jpg

Fort Apache

Having listened to Public Enemy most of my life I assumed all John Wayne films were disgusting racist artifacts. But it turns out in this film (despite the frequent references to savages) the injuns are the ones with their head screwed on right, the honorable folk who just want to live in peace with honour. Wiki says it was one of the first to turn the convention round and make the cowboys/US army the bad guys. Enjoyed every second.

She's Out of My League

Advance screening of a romantic comedy that's out next week. There's a couple of laughs but it's only as good as any film which ends with a race to the airport can be. :D

Edited by Happy Face

I forgot...I also went to see The Big Lebowski at The Tyneside on Saturday. It was their birthday so people had voted for the films they wanted screened and Lebowski got more votes than any other. It was introduced by some of the people that nominated it and everyone in there had probably seen it dozens of times. Strange to be in a cinema where the laughs start building before the funny lines. It was brilliant, I was using my T-shirt to wipe away the tears of laughter before the opening credits went up.

Shamefully, it was the first time I've been to the Tyneside since it was done out and it's lush. We were in the Roxy, and those reclined, soft seats with miles of leg room were the most comfortable I've ever had. Must make an effort to get there more.

I forgot...I also went to see The Big Lebowski at The Tyneside on Saturday. It was their birthday so people had voted for the films they wanted screened and Lebowski got more votes than any other. It was introduced by some of the people that nominated it and everyone in there had probably seen it dozens of times. Strange to be in a cinema where the laughs start building before the funny lines. It was brilliant, I was using my T-shirt to wipe away the tears of laughter before the opening credits went up.

Shamefully, it was the first time I've been to the Tyneside since it was done out and it's lush. We were in the Roxy, and those reclined, soft seats with miles of leg room were the most comfortable I've ever had. Must make an effort to get there more.

Can't believe you hadn't been to the refurbed Tynside before. You'll be telling me you haven't been to the theatre next, you pleb.

Needs somewhere to post so I don't crack and open the lost thread... :D:security:

Turns out if was a dream sequence by the polar bear.

:icon_lol:

oh and Iron Man 2

good fun, nothing to say otherwise really, enjoyable enough

Can't believe you hadn't been to the refurbed Tynside before. You'll be telling me you haven't been to the theatre next, you pleb.

I only tend to go to the cinema when I get free tickets.

Got free tickets for Death at a Funeral tonight. It looks fucking wank.

I do like Tracy Morgan though.

Fingers crossed.

I've lost all respect for you as Toontastics Film critic.

In no way do I allow comps to impact my critical integrity....as the above thoughts on She's out of my league should prove.

...I suspect my thoughts of Death at a Funeral will be more scathing, given it's an English language remake of an English language film that came out only 3 years ago but now stars Martin Lawrence.

:D

In no way do I allow comps to impact my critical integrity....as the above thoughts on She's out of my league should prove.

...I suspect my thoughts of Death at a Funeral will be more scathing, given it's an English language remake of an English language film that came out only 3 years ago but now stars Martin Lawrence.

I think you're missing the point there a bit HF. How can a person claim to love films if they don't see them in their best medium unless it's free?

:security:

I think you're missing the point there a bit HF. How can a person claim to love films if they don't see them in their best medium unless it's free?

I've got a projector, a 2m screen and surround sound in my house where I watch films without little shits playing on their phone, making a racket and hoying stuff about.

I think it's an even better way to watch films.

Even when i went to the Tyneside to watch Lebowski I couldn't believe how many people couldn't hold a piss in for 2 hours. Every ten minutes someone was pushing past other viewers and blocking the screen. :icon_lol: And they're supposed to be the more discerning viewer.

Edited by Happy Face

I've got a projector, a 2m screen and surround sound in my house where I watch films without little shits playing on their phone, making a racket and hoying stuff about.

Even when i went to the Tyneside to watch Lebowski I couldn't believe how many people couldn't hold a piss in for 2 hours. Every ten minutes someone was pushing past other viewers and blocking the screen. :icon_lol: And they're supposed to be the more discerning viewer.

Fair enough but you're still waiting several months to watch them in your private cinema.

Problem with the Tyneside is you can take in drinks hence the increased pissing. It's less of a problem at the Odeon etc although you run the risk of talking for some releases. It doesn't seem that long ago since you could smoke in the Tyneside tbh - those were the days.

Fair enough but you're still waiting several months to watch them in your private cinema.

Problem with the Tyneside is you can take in drinks hence the increased pissing. It's less of a problem at the Odeon etc although you run the risk of talking for some releases. It doesn't seem that long ago since you could smoke in the Tyneside tbh - those were the days.

I'm not necessarily fussed on seeing films as soon as they come out. There's still hundreds of oldies I'm just as keen to see as any of the latest releases....I still haven't even seen all the films in the IMDB top 250.

HF is first on the list if we ever do a Toontastic Cribs series. A cinema room no less! In South Shields!

Unfortunately the rest of the house is a carpetless crumbling shitheap. :D

Unthinkable

Samuel L Jackson

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914863/

Appears to be a straight to DVD job and while not a great, it certainly entertained.

Basically think about a Muslim terrorist with three Nukes planted around the USA, timed to explode within a week. He is apprehended and Jackson plays a Jack Bauer type charater who must get answers.

While Jackson will do anything to get the answers, other government agencies such as the FBI are involved and are against the torture.

Bit of a different angle but entertaining with a few twists.

7/10

Death At A Funeral - Turd!

The original or the remake ?

Remake.

I've read that the original is far better.

I really enjoyed the original, a very traditional style british farce, it never struck me as something that would translate to American style humour.