Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Guest Barrack Road

Watched Terry Brown. It was alright 6/10 type of film, about some South London estate, where kids aren't frightened of the ob and go round stabbing and killing people in some big gang and not giving a fuck. Terry (Michael Caine) is an old codger, and one of his mates gets bullied off them and they set fires off in his door way, and he thinks fuck it, and buys a samurai sword, goes down to the underpass to cut them up, but they grab it off him and do him in. So Michael Caine thinks fuck this, and systematically kills all the ring leaders one by one, and gets off with it at the end. 6/10 type of film, not bad but spoilt by the ridiculous PC phenomena which drowns this country. There's all these people getting killed, all the people in gangs, and there's NOT ONE black committing any crime, but one gets done in. That is a disgrace as far as I'm concerned for a film depicting life in South London, clearly a concious effort not to upset anyone.

....So Michael Caine thinks fuck this, and systematically kills all the ring leaders one by one, and gets off with it at the end. ...

Well thank you Mr Ruinthefuckingfilmforeveryoneelse :o

Iron Man 2. Utter nonsense but mildly entertaining.

:o

I imagine you saying this in between puffs on your pipe.

ya big misanthrope you!

:huh:

ya big misanthrope you!

:unsure:

It is though man. When he finds the structure for the thing that he needs (in a way in itself so daft I'm not going into it here) and his computer thing says "it is impossible to synthethise" you just think O RLY, and five minutes and one montage later and whaddya know...:o

Yes I know, it's a comic book btw.

speaking of comic books, saw kickass on friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it, GF wasnt as keen but she chose it :o

:icon_lol:

ya big misanthrope you!

:D

It is though man. When he finds the structure for the thing that he needs (in a way in itself so daft I'm not going into it here) and his computer thing says "it is impossible to synthethise" you just think O RLY, and five minutes and one montage later and whaddya know...:unsure:

Aye, I don't think it was based on a true story :(

A couple of my mates can be like that when watching a horror and just turn it off or talk through, guess whats gonna happen, etc. Fooking annoying!!! Just watch the fucker and enjoy the action and affects instead of looking for holes, etc. :huh:

....I've never actually seen it yet like :o

ya big misanthrope you!

It is though man. When he finds the structure for the thing that he needs (in a way in itself so daft I'm not going into it here) and his computer thing says "it is impossible to synthethise" you just think O RLY, and five minutes and one montage later and whaddya know...:unsure:

A couple of my mates can be like that when watching a horror and just turn it off or talk through, guess whats gonna happen, etc. Fooking annoying!!! Just watch the fucker and enjoy the action and affects instead of looking for holes, etc. :huh:

I know what you mean, you do have to have some suspension of disbelief when watching films, especially ones about genius scientists flying around in robotic suits. My main problem with that scene and the film in general is the rather boring central character who can ALWAYS do the impossible. Yawn.

ya big misanthrope you!

I know what you mean, you do have to have some suspension of disbelief when watching films, especially ones about genius scientists flying around in robotic suits. My main problem with that scene and the film in general is the rather boring central character who can ALWAYS do the impossible. Yawn.

This is why I find superhero movies so boring for the most part.

ya big misanthrope you!

This is why I find superhero movies so boring for the most part.

Normally Marvel heroes are flawed. Ironman is an alcoholic and is supposed to be a trainwreck personally.

fwiw I found the portrayal of Stark by RD Jnr to be very entertaining.

I like Robert Downey Jr and I liked the first Iron Man. I tend to completely lose interest in the climactic scenes of these movies where they'll lobbing one another into skyscrapers and through walls and stuff. It's at that point that I just think "Oh fuck off with the CGI. I know who wins this so just get it over with and don't make me sit through 20 minutes of this shit."

I like Robert Downey Jr and I liked the first Iron Man. I tend to completely lose interest in the climactic scenes of these movies where they'll lobbing one another into skyscrapers and through walls and stuff. It's at that point that I just think "Oh fuck off with the CGI. I know who wins this so just get it over with and don't make me sit through 20 minutes of this shit."

I think that's why I've enjoyed the Iron Man films more than the Spiderman ones. The latter was so heavy on CGI I couldn't muster an ounce of empathy or sympathy for the characters. Where as, Favreau seems to have been keen on building a more character based movie.

The interchanges between RD and the other charcters are very easy and believable. Toby Maguire and his cohorts were clunky and shallow in comparison

don't get me wrong, this isn't Shawshank, but it is a very good blockbuster.

Agree on Spiderman. Although I think The Dark Knight, which gets wanked about a lot, was similarly cack.

I did like Iron Man and will probably go and see the second one too.

Agree on Spiderman. Although I think The Dark Knight, which gets wanked about a lot, was similarly cack.

I thought the protagonist was absent in the Dark Knight and found myself rooting more and more for the Joker. I think Bale was trying too hard to be menacing and brooding, when really the menace should have been left to Ledger

What about the X-Men? Each character with a different ability or in the eyes of the public inhuman dysfunctions classing them as freaks and outsiders in relation to bullying yet striving to maximise there strengths and show that they can use their ability for good :o If you want to look at it in the deep way as to what Stan Lee was thinking when he came up with these characters that is. Personally I just like to enjoy the film for what it has to offer however fictional it is instead of thinking nahhh, that just wouldn't happen...! :unsure:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Guest Barrack Road
....So Michael Caine thinks fuck this, and systematically kills all the ring leaders one by one, and gets off with it at the end. ...

Well thank you Mr Ruinthefuckingfilmforeveryoneelse :unsure:

Sorry :o I'm new to this thread, I take the procedure is just say if it's good or shite?

Guest alex

Well thank you Mr Ruinthefuckingfilmforeveryoneelse :(

Sorry :huh: I'm new to this thread, I take the procedure is just say if it's good or shite?

Aye, just review film rather than supplying a synopsis :unsure::o

I thought the protagonist was absent in the Dark Knight

What does that even mean? Classic Fishism. :o

I agree with Gemmill re: super hero films and CGI. Which is why Kick Ass was such a refreshing change, highly recommended. Oh, and him off our friends in the North was the Baddy (not Daniel Craig or Christopher Ecclestone, the other one).

I agree with Gemmill re: super hero films and CGI. Which is why Kick Ass was such a refreshing change, highly recommended. Oh, and him off our friends in the North was the Baddy (not Daniel Craig or Christopher Ecclestone, the other one).

Mark Strong?

Mark Strong?

Aye, always forget his name.

I thought Iron Man 2 was very good, especially Mickey Rourke. Definately recommend it if you liked the first one.

Aye I saw this yesterday and enjoyed it more than the first one even though I found the battle sequences a bit underwhelming.

Pretty straight forward really, I didn't think that the Hero-character was really evident. The big performances were by the antagonist and the supporting cast (Gary Oldman etc.)

typical Renton :unsure:

I thought Iron Man 2 was very good, especially Mickey Rourke. Definately recommend it if you liked the first one.

Aye I saw this yesterday and enjoyed it more than the first one even though I found the battle sequences a bit underwhelming.

Not seen this yet, but intend to.

Soundssiilar to the first one. Good characters, decent story-line, then it gets into a huge CGI fest, and I stopped giving a shit. Same with the 2nd Hulk film too.