Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

You can still enjoy the movie, but just don't take it off face value, actually think about what's happening 'in' the movie as your watching it. It's basically for clever people like myself.  :blush:

126982[/snapback]

I watched it without playing the game and understood it. it all gets explained at the end anyway so whats not to understand?

except the fact that they appear to be in 2 different dimensions at the end ;)

129830[/snapback]

The plot was weak in that you had basically no chance in guessing that the world was a dream like state and everyone was already dead. The sum up at the end just cheesed it up, if they could've developed the plot a bit more then that wouldn't have been needed.

129874[/snapback]

Thanks for that.

You can still enjoy the movie, but just don't take it off face value, actually think about what's happening 'in' the movie as your watching it. It's basically for clever people like myself.  :blush:

126982[/snapback]

I watched it without playing the game and understood it. it all gets explained at the end anyway so whats not to understand?

except the fact that they appear to be in 2 different dimensions at the end ;)

129830[/snapback]

The plot was weak in that you had basically no chance in guessing that the world was a dream like state and everyone was already dead. The sum up at the end just cheesed it up, if they could've developed the plot a bit more then that wouldn't have been needed.

129874[/snapback]

Thanks for that.

130214[/snapback]

Thanks for highlighting that.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - How badly promoted was this?  It's taken me a year to see it and all that time I was thinking it was a (not quite art-house, but high brow) cop thriller with a few laughs thrown in.  It's actually a hilarious buddy cop comedy that constantly rips the shit out of itself and similar Hollywood fare.  I'd recommend it to anyone who liked The Beverly Hills Cop films, The Big Lebowski, 48 Hours etc.

130047[/snapback]

I thought it was crap tbh. i cant bide val kilmer since spartan. that film is a disgrace to its own title!

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang - How badly promoted was this?  It's taken me a year to see it and all that time I was thinking it was a (not quite art-house, but high brow) cop thriller with a few laughs thrown in.  It's actually a hilarious buddy cop comedy that constantly rips the shit out of itself and similar Hollywood fare.  I'd recommend it to anyone who liked The Beverly Hills Cop films, The Big Lebowski, 48 Hours etc.

130047[/snapback]

I thought it was crap tbh. i cant bide val kilmer since spartan. that film is a disgrace to its own title!

130230[/snapback]

;)

What a strange way to judge a film. Someone is in it who was once shit in something else. You could at least criticise it on it's own terms.

PS - probably your light fingers missed an 'a' but 'bide' means wait.

130047[/snapback]

130230[/snapback]

;)

What a strange way to judge a film. Someone is in it who was once shit in something else. You could at least criticise it on it's own terms.

PS - probably your light fingers missed an 'a' but 'bide' means wait.

130287[/snapback]

i didnt say it was crap because val kilmer was in it. 2 seperate statements, i dont like the film or val kilmer.

and i know what bide means thank you. it's is an abbreviation of it is by the way. i think you were looking for its :blush:

Edited by J69

just downloaded masters of the universe today. just about to settle into bed to watch it and bring back some youthful memories!

130303[/snapback]

Absolute classic!

just downloaded masters of the universe today. just about to settle into bed to watch it and bring back some youthful memories!

130303[/snapback]

Absolute classic!

130308[/snapback]

How young was Courtney Cox in that film? ;)

130303[/snapback]

Absolute classic!

130308[/snapback]

130309[/snapback]

The little Malcolm Glazer lookalike as well!

130303[/snapback]

Absolute classic!

130308[/snapback]

130309[/snapback]

early twenties?

speaking of young stars. i watched mannequin today. i forgot how fit kim cattrall was in that! theres a scene where she opens her coat and shes got stockings and undies on :blush:

for 80s films go here

www.fast-rewind.com

some of my faves

beverly hills cop

rocky 4

big trouble in little china

goonies

karate kid

highlander

flight of the navigator

big

masters of the universe

iron eagle ( much better than top gun)

and thats just a start

80s movies were so much better. actual story lines over special effects

130435[/snapback]

Aye, in the 80s, you earned the title "action movie" if you had a scene where a car drove on two wheels for a few seconds. ;) I agree with what you're saying though. Not much point in these films where everyone goes "The effects are AWESOME" if the rest of the film is shite!

See Mission Impossible 2 for a film that's all effects and very little else.

Aren't they for some daft reason going to make a 4th Beverly Hills Cop?

130444[/snapback]

i friggin hope not. the first 2 were legendary, the third one was an embarrassment!

Are you not th inking of die hard 4.0?

130435[/snapback]

Aye, in the 80s, you earned the title "action movie" if you had a scene where a car drove on two wheels for a few seconds. :blush: I agree with what you're saying though. Not much point in these films where everyone goes "The effects are AWESOME" if the rest of the film is shite!

130445[/snapback]

Its going to be a long time until something as original and enjoyable as big trouble in little china comes out again.

john carpenter is a legend, the things that must go on in that mans head ;)

130435[/snapback]

Aye, in the 80s, you earned the title "action movie" if you had a scene where a car drove on two wheels for a few seconds. ;) I agree with what you're saying though. Not much point in these films where everyone goes "The effects are AWESOME" if the rest of the film is shite!

130445[/snapback]

I think the Matrix Reloaded is the perfect example of a film with great effects but pathetic attempts at a plot.